I-Pad

2»

Comments

• normnorm Posts: 31,146
    One area which this would work great in is in a doctors office. instead of paper files or netbooks to carry around, doctors could have all of their charts and images on this to take from room to room.

One of the walk in clinics I go to sometimes already has something exactly like that. I have never seen it anywhere else so I imagine it is purpose built for the medical field.

my doctor already does this...and her's has handwriting recognition which the apple tampon doesn't ;) so it's faster for her to enter notes instead of typing on the virtual keyboard
  • iPad Nano aka the iPhone! :lol:
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    I want one. I'll be going to a store soon to check it out, once they're out. I bet if you touch it you will want one. (I'm typing this on my macbook so I guess I'm already in the cult and biased...) If I had 900$ lying around I'd be owning the 64gb 3G wi-fi version.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • I-pass
  • prfctlefts wrote:
    I-pass

haha
    If a man speaks in a forest and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Meh.....

For the person asking about Flash.... no Flash.
  • haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    These would be really great if you could download you textbooks on it.
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • I'll be getting one. I'm already a victim of the Apple cult. MacBook, MacBook Pro, 2 iPhones, more iPods than I care to remember buying. Regardless of how you feel about the company, the product they put out is high quality and makes me tingle inside. Steve Jobs = Eddie Vedder :)
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,558
    I'll be getting one. I'm already a victim of the Apple cult. MacBook, MacBook Pro, 2 iPhones, more iPods than I care to remember buying. Regardless of how you feel about the company, the product they put out is high quality and makes me tingle inside. Steve Jobs = Eddie Vedder :)

They dont prduce quality!

Well people there already are electronic reading devices out there and have been for years, tis nothing new.
  • arqarq Posts: 8,013
    $500? for a big ipod touch? no camera, no usb, no real gps, where's the wide screen? plus even if i have an iphone i have to pay extra for the 3G connection?

mmm... i'll wait until the 3rd generation of this thing.
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
  • SawyerSawyer Posts: 2,411
    I like iTampon better
  • if my ipod ever breaks, im getting something else. i hate the stupid wheel and the itunes.

thats probably the last Apple product i'll ever buy.
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    MrSmith wrote:
    if my ipod ever breaks, im getting something else. i hate the stupid wheel and the itunes.

My daughter got an ipod because that's what everyone had. She is now trying to nick my zen.
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,682
    this looks like a terrible idea.

I like my Ipod too.

I just dont see what the point is. You want portability, you get the iphone or itouch. If you want internet capability/bigger screen, you would have a netbook or laptop
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    MayDay10 wrote:

I like my Ipod too.

I just dont see what the point is. You want portability, you get the iphone or itouch. If you want internet capability/bigger screen, you would have a netbook or laptop
    It looks like it could be a great electronic book reader!.. I wouldn't use it for anything else though. If it had iPhone capabilities I'd use it as a phone as a joke.
    MayDay10 wrote:

I like my Ipod too.

It looks like it could be a great electronic book reader!.. I wouldn't use it for anything else though. If it had iPhone capabilities I'd use it as a phone as a joke.
    LOL... like the first mobile phones... just the apple version of the brick phone
    I dno... i think its cool.
    It'd be awesome for using on the bus I think.
  • kenny olavkenny olav Posts: 3,319
    I don't like Steve Jobs, and therefore, I don't want to buy his shit.

Which means I have to buy from Bill Gates...

shit!
  • ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    Kenny Olav wrote:

shit!

Yo Kenny O!! :wave:
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • kenny olavkenny olav Posts: 3,319
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    Kenny Olav wrote:

shit!

Yo Kenny O!! :wave:

Ah Ziggy, from across the internet wasteland... back at ya :wave:
  • i_lov_iti_lov_it Posts: 4,007
    Kenny Olav wrote:

shit!

Alot of "Choices" hey? lol
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    I think it will eventually sell well, if not right away. I think if you want something similar to a net book then you can just buy the 13 inch macbook, which doesn't weigh much more than most netbooks and far lighter than most pc notebooks. To me Apple has always been about trying to be different and taking a different path, this is no different and time will tell. I wouldn't bet against Steve Jobs and Apple. I like it, but I like Apple products and have never had an Apple product of mine need service, but most importantly I like their customer service, anytime I've had a question (especially when I made my switch from a pc) they couldn't be more friendly and helpful.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon