3 MONTHS and no boots?!?!?

BrownsNoiseBrownsNoise Posts: 50
edited January 2010 in The Porch
It's officially been 3 months since the first Philly show and still there are no bootlegs. Has there been any news about this at all??? I have to imagine they're putting out a box set, but this is getting ridiculous. I wanted to give my father the bootleg from the show I took him to for Christmas and was shocked when it wasn't out then. I know the fan copies are out there, I just want the real thing already.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• wants vs needs, needs to be constantly redefined

tour news>philly boots ;)
  • u have to wait as all do..something good is coming..think possitive.. :D
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • I'm gonna buy a pair of steel toe "boots" in Philly and drive to everyone's house that makes a fucking Philly boots thread and kick them right in their annoying, impatient ass!!!!!!!!!!!! :twisted: :twisted:
  • I'm gonna buy a pair of steel toe "boots" in Philly and drive to everyone's house that makes a fucking Philly boots thread and kick them right in their annoying, impatient ass!!!!!!!!!!!! :twisted: :twisted:
    steel toe "boots" :lol::lol::lol::lol:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,436
    I'm gonna buy a pair of steel toe "boots" in Philly and drive to everyone's house that makes a fucking Philly boots thread and kick them right in their annoying, impatient ass!!!!!!!!!!!! :twisted: :twisted:

lighten up Francis - when you post on your website that boots will be available a few weeks after the shows and 3 months have passed and not one tiny bit of information from PJ or 10C about Philly boots has been given I think we have a legitimate reason to complain/bitch about it. Sorry if you disagree but many feel the same as I do.
  • DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,757
    pjhawks wrote:
    lighten up Francis - when you post on your website that boots will be available a few weeks after the shows and 3 months have passed and not one tiny bit of information from PJ or 10C about Philly boots has been given I think we have a legitimate reason to complain/bitch about it. Sorry if you disagree but many feel the same as I do.
    I definitely agree. I think the issue isn't so much that we don't have an actual product yet as much as it is the lack of news about what's coming. If it's a DVD I think we can all be patient, but the silence from 10c is a little annoying. I don't get the secrecy. Ah well. Whatever it is whenever it is will be awesome and make us all forget about being in the dark for all this time, I suppose...
    I smile, but who am I kidding...
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,845
    pjhawks wrote:
    I'm gonna buy a pair of steel toe "boots" in Philly and drive to everyone's house that makes a fucking Philly boots thread and kick them right in their annoying, impatient ass!!!!!!!!!!!! :twisted: :twisted:

There is no legitimate reason to complain. None at all. You might complain if you ordered the boots two weeks ago and they hadn't arrived. But, there is no sense announcing that boots will be available when they aren't available right now. What do you want from the Ten Club?

"Hey, we are working on boots for Philly. 99% of you know that already, but for some reason you still want us to tell you. You must be lonely."
  • I agree 100%, just some news would be appreciated. Those that are yelling at people to be patient, maybe should start demanding a little more. We pay to be in this club, it's not a free membership, so when something is going to be different than previously stated, we should get some sort of info about it.
  • CranMalReignCranMalReign Posts: 1,928
    There's so much to consider.

On one hand, every other boot from every other show in NA was released rather quickly, so the fact that these Philly boots... the ones that many people are anticipating *most*... have taken, at this point, 12x as long to come out (a number which will only increase) has many confused and frustrated.

Further, no matter what kind of "special fancy super 3-D holographic full emmersion virtual reality box set infused with band member DNA" they're planning on putting out, there is nothing stopping them from pressing on-demand CDs for those of us hungry enough to buy them now and buy aforementioned treasure trove later. There is nothing so special about the Spectrum boots that it takes 3 months to mix. That decision itself is cause for frustration.

On the other hand, how many useless threads do we really need with people saying "I'm mad I don't have my boots!"? Everyone knows they've not been released yet. You are not special. Your personal strife is not important.

Is there a reason to be impatient, frustrated, angry? Absolutely. (sorry, bootlegger)

Is there a reason to come on here and smear the forum with your tears like 500 threads before you just b/c it's one day longer? Definitely not. (sorry BrownsNoise)
    • 98 Pgh
    • 00 Pgh
    • 03 Pgh|Philly|PSU|Camden 1+2|Hershey
    • 04 Boston 1|Reading
    • 05 Philly
    • 06 Camden 1+2|Pgh
    • 08 Camden 1+2|Hartford|Mansfield 2
    • 09 Philly 1 [EV]|Toronto|Spectrum 1-4
    • 10 Cleveland|Buffalo
    • 11 Philly [EV]|PJ20
    • 12 Philly
    • 13 London|Pgh|Buff|Philly 1+2|Balt
    • 14 Cincy|StL
    • 16 Philly 1+2|Philly 2 [TotD]
    • 18 Boston 1+2
  • FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    I'm telling you, someone forgot to hit the record button.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • Kearn5yKearn5y Posts: 2,805
    edited January 2010
    It took nearly 3 for the european boots to be released so its not unusual for the 10 club to take this long to be released. Email them and ask them whats the story? I did this with the europe shows. They did reply with a positive answer.
    Post edited by Kearn5y on
    Kearnsy
  • Flagg wrote:

lol, that would be tragic!!

Yes, people are frustrated that the boots aren't out yet, but that's not the thing that is most frustrating. Why isn't there at least a post saying something about it. Something as simple as "we are working on something special for the Philly shows, you should be seeing it around (insert date here)." That would stop all the threads.
  • given2fly23given2fly23 Posts: 5,902
    Flagg wrote:

this made me laugh.
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Posts: 9,895
    vierello wrote:
    Flagg wrote:

lol, that would be tragic!!

Yes, people are frustrated that the boots aren't out yet, but that's not the thing that is most frustrating. Why isn't there at least a post saying something about it. Something as simple as "we are working on something special for the Philly shows, you should be seeing it around (insert date here)." That would stop all the threads.

Probably not, Kufala, in the bootleg thread, said they were being worked on and patience would be rewarded- and the threads have not stopped.

But I agree, it has been a slow with any news since the Euro dates/ Jazz fest have been announced. Hopefully it just means that a bunch of stuff will be hitting us quickly over the next few weeks. I thought 10c would have sent out '2010' email saying whats on the horizon by now.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Flagg wrote:

:lol::lol: ....Thats great!
    I can see it now. The guys are hold up in the studio as we speak trying to
    record the songs that they played in Philly with an audience recording playing
    in the background. Hoping to pass it off as the boots.
  • pjhawks wrote:

There is no legitimate reason to complain. None at all. You might complain if you ordered the boots two weeks ago and they hadn't arrived. But, there is no sense announcing that boots will be available when they aren't available right now. What do you want from the Ten Club?

"Hey, we are working on boots for Philly. 99% of you know that already, but for some reason you still want us to tell you. You must be lonely."

Actually there are plenty of legitimate reasons to complain as demonstrated throughout this thread.
  • pjhawks wrote:
    lighten up Francis

how'd you know what your gf named my..................iv'e said too much already.

pjhawks wrote:
    I think we have a legitimate reason to complain/bitch about it. Sorry if you disagree but many feel the same as I do.

well i think anyone who comes on here at least a few times a month knows by now that there is something special going on with the boots and that they should just shut their fucking mouths already and wait like the rest of us....and i know "many feel the same way"

and i also know a lot of us are sick and tired of whiny, complaining people who come around and bitch and complain half the fucking time they are on here.

(and i swear if some asshole comes at me with that "complaining about the complainers is complaining" bullshit...i'm gonna put you on my "list"! :mrgreen: )
  • They will announce the releasing of the Philly boots, next week......

BWAAAAHAAAAAAHAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • mfc2006mfc2006 Posts: 37,412
    thanks for all your help on this. i really miss my boots. they certainly would have come in handy when i was shoveling snow on Christmas Day. they were so comfortable & warm. i hope they turn up soon. thanks again. 8-)
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    They will announce the releasing of the Philly boots, next week......

With the 2010 US Tour dates.
  • They will announce the releasing of the Philly boots, next week......

Exactly....

Its a package deal.....
    They will announce the releasing of the Philly boots, next week......

Exactly....

Its a package deal.....

They kick off in Cincinatti.
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,799
    Let me take everyone on a journey back to a land called "2006"!!!!!!!!!

Gorge boots were released as downloads

fastfoward few months later........ Boxset of the Gorge comes out

everyone bitches cause they bought it twice!!!!!!

Must be fuckin amnesia around here!!!
    So many boots to go around,yet we can't wait a lil while longer.....pathetic
  • jets521jets521 Posts: 804
    CROJAM95 wrote:

I was going to bring up this EXACT point earlier in the thread but decided against it because its like trying to whisper in a hopping bar.
    Wachovia Center, Philadelphia - 10/3/05
    Tweeter Center, Camden - 5/27/06
    Verizon Center, Wash. DC - 5/30/06
    Bonnaroo, Manchester, TN - 6/14/08
    Madison Square Garden, NYC - 6/19/08
    Spectrum, Philadelphia - 10/28/09
    Spectrum, Philadelphia - 10/30/09
    Spectrum, Philadelphia - 10/31/09
    Madison Square Garden, NYC - 5/21/10
    Wells Fargo Center, Philadelphia - 10/21/13
    1st Mariner Arena, Baltimore - 10/27/13
    Wells Fargo Center, Philadelphia - 4/28/16
    Enterprise Center, Saint Louis - 9/18/22

• They kick off in Cincinatti.
    Of course....

The Pearl Jam 2010 "Watch It Go To Fire" tour!!!!!!

April 1....Cincy
    April 3-5 ....Camden
    April 7-8...Philly
    April 11...Gary Indiana
    April 13...Detroit Michigan

These dates have been CONFIRMED!!!!!!!!
  • FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856

They kick off in Cincinatti.
    Of course....

The Pearl Jam 2010 "Watch It Go To Fire" tour!!!!!!

April 1....Cincy
    April 3-5 ....Camden
    April 7-8...Philly
    April 11...Gary Indiana
    April 13...Detroit Michigan

These dates have been CONFIRMED!!!!!!!!

What?!?! No Boston?! WTF, They never play there!
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,436
    CROJAM95 wrote:

I think most of the complaining has to do with the complete utter lack of information from PJ or 10C on these boots. As I stated in my original post - the website clearly stats that boots will be available a few WEEKS after the shows. I am not complaining about not having them - I am complaining because there hasn't been any word whatsoever from 10C. A one-line statement from 10C would stop it all. Am I optimistic that something special is coming - yes i am but doesn't mean the lack of information is any less wrong. Frankly their lack of information is a lousy way to do business. Can you imagine if ticketmaster or any other site put that something would be available in a few weeks and 3 months later not one word of explanation on why it's not available was given? Again I have no problems with them holding off of them - but why not tell us at least something? it makes no sense (and frankly not my job to hunt them down to ask them).
  • You know whats gonna be really funny is when these boots are finally released
    and there are gonna be threads about people bitching about the packaging,
    and the price $$$$$.
    All 4 nights in one package plus (maybe) a DVD of songs picked from all
    4 nights equals= $$$$$$$$$$
    You know whats gonna be really funny is when these boots are finally released
    and there are gonna be threads about people bitching about the packaging,
    and the price $$$$$.
    All 4 nights in one package plus (maybe) a DVD of songs picked from all
    4 nights equals= $$$$$$$$$$

Of course, it would not be the same if everyone was happy about it
  • CranMalReignCranMalReign Posts: 1,928
    jets521 wrote:
    CROJAM95 wrote:

I was going to bring up this EXACT point earlier in the thread but decided against it because its like trying to whisper in a hopping bar.
    Further, no matter what kind of "special fancy super 3-D holographic full emmersion virtual reality box set infused with band member DNA" they're planning on putting out, there is nothing stopping them from pressing on-demand CDs for those of us hungry enough to buy them now and buy aforementioned treasure trove later.

You may note that I already touched on this very issue. Now, I'm not keen on the inner workings of the 10c like so many on here seem to be, but I'd say there's a pretty solid possibility of an important difference between Gorge and Philly: foreknowledge.

The Gorge boots were likely released like normal boots without foreknowledge of a potential box set. This lends itself to "screwing" fans who now absolutely have to buy both.

The Philly shows, on the other hand, were probably already destined for a box set of some sort before they were even played. This gives the band the luxury of avoiding screwing their fans by releasing lowly boots followed by SuperPackage-X. The way I see it, they can handle it two ways. Remain silent, omit the boots, and just release everything at the same time; or release the boots like normal but with a "keep in mind, something good is coming later" caveat, thus tipping their hand.

People want info (and music) more than suspense. So people complain. Me, I'm on the latter bandwagon (just press the GD MFing POS SOB boots all F'n ready and let me throw more money at you later).

But I do understand secrecy... how many times have they let the cat at least peak outside the bag for a little while just to have it fall through and you get fans seething in anger or mocking (anyone remember Big, Bold and Free? Shows from the Vault? etc). Once bitten, twice shy... or in 10c's case, 8 times bitten, no philly boot announcements.
    • 98 Pgh
    • 00 Pgh
    • 03 Pgh|Philly|PSU|Camden 1+2|Hershey
    • 04 Boston 1|Reading
    • 05 Philly
    • 06 Camden 1+2|Pgh
    • 08 Camden 1+2|Hartford|Mansfield 2
    • 09 Philly 1 [EV]|Toronto|Spectrum 1-4
    • 10 Cleveland|Buffalo
    • 11 Philly [EV]|PJ20
    • 12 Philly
    • 13 London|Pgh|Buff|Philly 1+2|Balt