Options

Megadeth !!

2»

Comments

• Options
    fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,736
    We're up late watching the WVU-Georgetown game, and I think it's a good night to write up a little review of the Megadeth "Rust In Peace 20th Anniversary Tour" that I witnessed last night at the Palace Theater in Greensburg, PA (just a bit south of Pittsburgh).

Slideshow of about 12 pictures and two vid clips (one of the beginning of Holy Wars and and another of the ending of Holy Wars):
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/69778591@N ... 3151/show/

The venue is small but very nice theater, about 1300 seats. I had 19th row, and I was towards the back!! The sound was perfect as these theaters are designed with accoustics heavily considered. Every note was crystal clear.

Exodus was alright I guess, they sounded good truthfully but I just am not that familiar with them. I have one album of theirs that I bought in 92 or so and I never really got into it. Testament sounded great, very heavy but with a groove. They played all of "The Legacy" album plus a few other tunes. Good stuff, but I wish they had played something from Low or the new one.

Megadeth ruled! Opened with three non-RIP songs, then the entire RIP album in order, then five more non-RIP songs before closing out with a reprise of Holy Wars. They were wrapping up Peace Sells and seamlessly went into the main riff of Holy Wars (as a reprise to close the show) as if the two were really part of the same one long song....intense. Dave talked very, very little. Just song after song, kicking our asses. What was there to say, really? They looked great, with the vintage RIP album artwork behind them, the "nuclear" drum kit.

Here's the setlist:

Set The World Afire
    Wake Up Dead
    In My Darkest Hour
    Holy Wars...The Punishment Due
    Hangar 18
    Take No Prisoners
    Five Magics
    Poison Was The Cure
    Lucretia
    Tornado Of Souls
    Dawn Patrol
    Rust In Peace...Polaris
    Head Crusher
    Trust
    Symphony Of Destruction
    Peace Sells
    Holy Wars - Reprise
    Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?
  • Options
    fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,736
    Show some respect! I stayed up late to write that in this long-ass thread. Comment, damn it.
    Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?
  • Options
    BryanWebBryanWeb Posts: 262
    Fuckin eh! Megadeth rule!!!
  • Options
    i wish i was there Fanch, i should be seeing them next month in Nottingham, not sure if they will still be playing all RIP stuff though
  • Options
    doujodoujo Posts: 285
    Finally!!! The postponed Megadeth show is tonight in Wallingford, CT. I can't wait to hear RIP in its entirety. Gonna be a loud fn show!!!
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,856
    edited March 2023
    If anyone has today's presale code, please let me know. Thanks!

*Edit. Tickets secured. :) 
    Post edited by demetrios on
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,856
  • Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,795
    Holy heck. That is good! Nice to see th em killing it