Megadeth !!

flywallyflyflywallyfly Posts: 1,453
edited August 2010 in Other Music
On tour in March with Testament and Exodus !!! Megadeth is gonna play "Rust in Peace" in its entirety ! Nice.....
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• JDBJDB Posts: 277
    What's with bands doing an album in it's entirety these days. Slayer did Reign In Blood, Metallica did Master Of Puppets, The Cult did Love, Judas Priest did British Steel and now Megadeth with Rust In Peace. What happened to the element of surprise at gigs, turning up and wondering which song are going to be played is part of the fun. Have to admit though, I did enjoy seeing Roger Waters do Floyds Darkside in it's entirety.
  • JDB wrote:
    What's with bands doing an album in it's entirety these days. Slayer did Reign In Blood, Metallica did Master Of Puppets, The Cult did Love, Judas Priest did British Steel and now Megadeth with Rust In Peace. What happened to the element of surprise at gigs, turning up and wondering which song are going to be played is part of the fun. Have to admit though, I did enjoy seeing Roger Waters do Floyds Darkside in it's entirety.

Sonic Youth did Daydream Nation and Bruce Springsteen did Born To Run :-)
    Rock Werchter 4 july - 2010, Arras 3 july - 2010, Berlin Wuhlheide - June 30, 2010, Odyssey arena Belfast - 23 june 2010, O2 arena Dublin - june 22 2010, O2 arena London - Aug 18, 2009, Manchester Evening News Arena - Aug 17, 2009, Berlin Wuhlheide - Aug 15, 2009, Copenhagen 2007-06-26 Forum, London 2007-06-18 Wembley Arena, Prague 2006-09-22 Sazka Arena, Denmark 2000-06-30 Roskilde Festival, Stockholm on August 12th Mirrorball tour with Neil Young, Oslo 1993-06-27 Isle of Calf Festival(Kalvoya), Oslo Secret Club Concert 1993-06-26 Sentrum Scene
  • JDB wrote:

What!? When!? This I didn't know. Never thought they'd attempt 'Disposable Heroes' live. :o
    It's gonna be a glorious day...
  • g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,122
    JDB wrote:

What!? When!? This I didn't know. Never thought they'd attempt 'Disposable Heroes' live. :o

I can remember Metallica playing *Disposable Heroes* the day after the 2nd Woodstock in the mid 90's. One of the best Metallica concerts I've ever seen of their's. As for Metallica they played in Germany *Master Of Puppets* in it's entirety because it was the 20th anniversary of the albums release and rightfully so.

I see nothing wrong with any band doing this would you have a problem with Pearl Jam playing in it's entirety their 20th anniversary of the release of *10*?

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• doujodoujo Posts: 285
    wow this is awesome news. rust in piece is one of the greatest metal albums of all time. but, of course they aren't coming anywhere close to CT. first they postpone their tour w/ slayer and now i'm going to miss rust in piece in its entirety. fn a
    g under p wrote:
    JDB wrote:

I can remember Metallica playing *Disposable Heroes* the day after the 2nd Woodstock in the mid 90's. One of the best Metallica concerts I've ever seen of their's. As for Metallica they played in Germany *Master Of Puppets* in it's entirety because it was the 20th anniversary of the albums release and rightfully so.

I see nothing wrong with any band doing this would you have a problem with Pearl Jam playing in it's entirety their 20th anniversary of the release of *10*?

Peace

Here's the concert in it's entirety from the Greatest Classic Video thread....
    This one goes out to the hardcore Metallica fans where they played to German fans in 2006. Celebrating 20 years of the release of their classic album *MASTER OF PUPPETS* where they played it in it's ENTIRETY starting at the 34:34 mark with *Battery*.....to.....*Damage INC*.

I actually watched the entire concert of some 2hours 18 minutes which was pretty good.

Metallica Live in Germany 2006...*Master Of Puppets* in it's entirety.

Peace

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    JDB wrote:

When you have an amazing album, it just makes sense to play it all in it's entirety. Would've loved to have seen The Cult do "Love" from start to finish, that is a fantastic album.

I'd like to catch this show though, Rust In Piece is arguably Megadeth's masterpiece.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
    dcfaithful wrote:
    JDB wrote:

When you have an amazing album, it just makes sense to play it all in it's entirety. Would've loved to have seen The Cult do "Love" from start to finish, that is a fantastic album.

I'd like to catch this show though, Rust In Piece is arguably Megadeth's masterpiece.

One of the best album covers and the guitar solo on *Tornado Of Souls* by Mustaine is amazing.
    The song *Holy Wars* is in a class by itself, it still rings true today.

peace

g under p wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:
    JDB wrote:

One of the best album covers and the guitar solo on *Tornado Of Souls* by Mustaine is amazing.

peace

You're so right about Tornado Of Souls. I bought that album as a junior in high school and remember listening to the track and being blown away. Not only is the solo great, but the guitar work in general is fantastic. The opening harmonics that are infused into that chugging palm-muted riff...oh man, it's sweet metal to my ears.

That whole album is a excellent display of a band who truly knows how to play their instruments. Dave Mustaine is kind of an arrogant ass, but he's got the chops to back it up...that guy can shred. I've seen Megadeth once and at the concert som ass-hat threw his beer and it hit the soundboard...all sound was lost for like 25-30 minutes...I thought a riot was going to break out. Once the sound was back up, Dave came out and apologized for the idiot in the audience and they played their asses off and saved the show, it was great.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    dcfaithful wrote:
    g under p wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:

peace

You're so right about Tornado Of Souls. I bought that album as a junior in high school and remember listening to the track and being blown away. Not only is the solo great, but the guitar work in general is fantastic. The opening harmonics that are infused into that chugging palm-muted riff...oh man, it's sweet metal to my ears.

That whole album is a excellent display of a band who truly knows how to play their instruments. Dave Mustaine is kind of an arrogant ass, but he's got the chops to back it up...that guy can shred. I've seen Megadeth once and at the concert som ass-hat threw his beer and it hit the soundboard...all sound was lost for like 25-30 minutes...I thought a riot was going to break out. Once the sound was back up, Dave came out and apologized for the idiot in the audience and they played their asses off and saved the show, it was great.[/quote]

Tha'ts so kool they continued the show unlike Axel Rose in Montreal on the Monsters of Rock Tour when Hetfield burned himself up. A riot did ensue and many were hurt. Metallica finished that tour and when I saw them open for GnR in front of 55,000, they blew GnR off the stage in DC's RFK stadium, what a show.

One of the things I've like about Megadeth and Mustaine are his political orientated lyrics along with his ability to shred. Along with is arrogance but sometimes it takes being arrogant to separate one's self from all others and I like that kind of mentality. Love the Ronnie Dio avatar saw them once in Hampton VA working security or I acted like I was security for that show. :D

Peace

• flywallyflyflywallyfly Posts: 1,453
    dcfaithful wrote:
    JDB wrote:

I saw them do "Love" and it WAS awesome. After they finished they went right into playing their other hits for about 45 minutes, great show because Ian was in a good mood that night.
    dcfaithful wrote:
    JDB wrote:

I saw them do "Love" and it WAS awesome. After they finished they went right into playing their other hits for about 45 minutes, great show because Ian was in a good mood that night.

I have heard that The Cult is great live, I guess you can agree to that, eh? ;)

Seriously, what an awesome concert....Love is such a great album of the 80's!
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    g under p wrote:

Tha'ts so kool they continued the show unlike Axel Rose in Montreal on the Monsters of Rock Tour when Hetfield burned himself up. A riot did ensue and many were hurt. Metallica finished that tour and when I saw them open for GnR in front of 55,000, they blew GnR off the stage in DC's RFK stadium, what a show.

One of the things I've like about Megadeth and Mustaine are his political orientated lyrics along with his ability to shred. Along with is arrogance but sometimes it takes being arrogant to separate one's self from all others and I like that kind of mentality. Love the Ronnie Dio avatar saw them once in Hampton VA working security or I acted like I was security for that show. :D

Peace
    That's epic man, you should give a short review of what you remember of the show. ;) Was it actually the band Dio, or was it Dio fronted Sabbath?

It is a goal of mine to see Dio live before I die. I really hope he's doing okay in his battle with stomach cancer. :? :(
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    dcfaithful wrote:
    g under p wrote:

Peace
    That's epic man, you should give a short review of what you remember of the show. ;) Was it actually the band Dio, or was it Dio fronted Sabbath?

It is a goal of mine to see Dio live before I die. I really hope he's doing okay in his battle with stomach cancer. :? :(

I didn't know that I saw him back in the mid 80's and I have to admit I was young and I thought that was one scary but enjoyable rock concert in a small Hampton Coliseum. I'm sadden to hear that, now you have Dennis Hopper about to pass on with prostate cancer, it's a bitch of a disease.

Peace

• I've seen Mudhoney play the entire 'Superfuzz Bigmuff'

Awesome show.Hope i get to see them again someday.
    Just found out Megadeth will be playing up in Boise, ID...sounds like my friend and I will be taking a road trip to the Gem State.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    The American Carnage Tour starts January 18th, 2010

Megadeth/Slayer headling and Testament

The closest they come to DC on this tour is NJ, they must not have been able to book a date in the Nation's Capital. Maybe the next tour.

Peace

g under p wrote:

The closest they come to DC on this tour is NJ, they must not have been able to book a date in the Nation's Capital. Maybe the next tour.

Peace

This tour is postponed until the summer
    doujo wrote:
    g under p wrote:

Peace

How come what happened?

Peace

g under p wrote:
    doujo wrote:
    g under p wrote:

Peace

How come what happened?

Peace

http://www.megadeth.com/popups/ACpostponed.html
    Thanks at least they plan on continuing the tour at a later date.

Peace

Just got tickets to the Boise, ID date....general admission....full bar w/ I.D.

Killing is my business, and business is good... 8-):D
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • flywallyflyflywallyfly Posts: 1,453
    dcfaithful wrote:
    Just got tickets to the Boise, ID date....general admission....full bar w/ I.D.

Killing is my business, and business is good... 8-):D

Grabbed some for the Austin show ! WooHoo !!
  • I got tickets for the Scranton show in the event that their show with Slayer in NJ was scheduled at a time that I couldn't make. Luckily that is not the case, so I will see them twice and see Slayer for the first time.
    "Bombs dropping down. Please forgive our hometown"
    I got tickets for the Scranton show in the event that their show with Slayer in NJ was scheduled at a time that I couldn't make. Luckily that is not the case, so I will see them twice and see Slayer for the first time.

Slayer is an absolute nuts concert. Have a great time. I've seen Megadeth and Slayer only once before. Unfortunately Slayer won't be at the Boise, Idaho Megadeth show I have tickets for.

Can't wait though. March 2nd couldn't come any sooner.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,736
    Tonight, I will be seeing the Mighty Megadeth in Greensburg PA (just south of Pittsburgh). They will be playing the entire Rust In Peace album in order, as well as other hot heavy metal. I'm leaving work a bit early to get on the road, check out the venue, etc. I am very pumped about this. To see them in a small theater like that, with Dave Ellefson back, playing the entire RIP album in order (plus Set The World Afire, stuff from the new album, ) on a very limited tour, just seems like I am going to be seeing something really special. I am 19th row, center, and I have my digital camera.
    Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?
    fanch75 wrote:
    Tonight, I will be seeing the Mighty Megadeth in Greensburg PA (just south of Pittsburgh). They will be playing the entire Rust In Peace album in order, as well as other hot heavy metal. I'm leaving work a bit early to get on the road, check out the venue, etc. I am very pumped about this. To see them in a small theater like that, with Dave Ellefson back, playing the entire RIP album in order (plus Set The World Afire, stuff from the new album, ) on a very limited tour, just seems like I am going to be seeing something really special. I am 19th row, center, and I have my digital camera.

The show in Boise was killer. Small theatre. Rust In Peace from start to finish, with other classic Megadeth songs...

Have fun pal.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,736
    I can't wait. Did you see Testament & Exodus, as well? If so, your thoughts?
    Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?
    fanch75 wrote:
    I can't wait. Did you see Testament & Exodus, as well? If so, your thoughts?

I did. Exodus kicked huge ass. I wasn't into the whole Testament thing, but they certainly did bring it. They both put on great sets. Overall, it was an excellent metal show.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce