Hyde park support? and euro?

luke.harvey3luke.harvey3 Posts: 283
edited January 2010 in The Porch
Wolfmother confirmed. and they are also playing download festival. along with stone temple pilots! any chance they too could be added to the Hyde Park bill??
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• How awesome would Stone Temple Pilots be? How about Alice In Chains? Mate keeps telling me Soundgarden but I just cannot see Matt pulling a 2 stretch in one evening. Wolfmother will be interesting mind.
  • malcyrvs wrote:
    How awesome would Stone Temple Pilots be? How about Alice In Chains? Mate keeps telling me Soundgarden but I just cannot see Matt pulling a 2 stretch in one evening. Wolfmother will be interesting mind.
    Saw STP in St Augustine Floirida last October. Scott looked great. He put some weight on so he fit into his teeth. But his singing was way way off. Can't sing live like Eddie can.
    2009 Philly Spectrum 10/28
    2010 Jazz Fest*Kansas City*St.Louis*Columbus*Noblesville*Bristow*
    Hartford*Newark*MSG1*MSG2*Dublin*Belfast*HydePark*Nijmegen*
    Berlin*WM3Little Rock*Bridge 1&2
    2011 Eddie Vedder*Chicago*St Louis*San Diego*Long Beach*Los Angles*Santa Barbara
    PJ20 1&2*Canada Tour*Montreal*Toronto 1&2*Ottawa*Hamilton*Winnipeg*
    Saskatoon*Calgary*Edmonton*Vancouver
  • I saw wolfmother last week in the new academy in birmingham and they were awesome! cant wait to see them at hyde park now!
  • Alive 79Alive 79 Posts: 100
    Are STP's confirmed? I've not heard anything and been waiting for a tour ever since they got back together. Shame the other half has put me on a gig ban til after the wedding......or so he thinks! :D
    Underneath this smile lies everything........... all my hopes, anger, pride and shame
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    as long as its not some crappy grunge band that's reformed without their dead singer, which is pointless... but Wolfmother should be cool... other than that I'm hoping for a Midlake or The National or something. :thumbup:
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    dunkman wrote:
    as long as its not some crappy grunge band that's reformed without their dead singer, which is pointless...

:evil: I'll set Rita on ya ... and not in a good way :roll:
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • chime wrote:

Cool, that will give me some entertainment whilst wolfmother are on!
    Astoria 20/04/06, Leeds 25/08/06, Prague 22/09/06, Wembley 18/06/07,
    Dusseldorf 21/06/07, Manchester 17/08/09, London 18/08/09, LA 06/10/09, LA 07/10/09.

Ain't gonna be any middle anymore.
    chime wrote:
    dunkman wrote:
    as long as its not some crappy grunge band that's reformed without their dead singer, which is pointless...

i'd rather than that watch/listen to live karoake... ;);)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    dunkman wrote:
    chime wrote:
    dunkman wrote:

i'd rather than that watch/listen to live karoake... ;);)
    :wtf: Not while the band is on. She'll be busy then 8-)
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Posts: 15,056
    Am i the only one who thinks weiland comes across as an out and out attention seeker?

and the STP were well over rated?
  • pdalowsky wrote:
    Am i the only one who thinks weiland comes across as an out and out attention seeker?

and the STP were well over rated?

Yes, yes you are.
    Astoria 20/04/06, Leeds 25/08/06, Prague 22/09/06, Wembley 18/06/07,
    Dusseldorf 21/06/07, Manchester 17/08/09, London 18/08/09, LA 06/10/09, LA 07/10/09.

Ain't gonna be any middle anymore.
    I like STP's music ... don't feel strongly one way or the other about Weiland
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    And what band may that be Mr. Dunk????? :mrgreen:

Pip will be right there with me!
    redrock wrote:

... I'm sure Jenny will help us out :P
  • redrock wrote:

And I will be topless on Rita's shoulders! :crazy:

Did you even listen to the new AIC album Dunk?? You disappoint me! :)

Paul - STP rock.
    Dublin '96, '00, '06, '10
    Lisbon '06 (x2)
    Katowice '07
    London '07 '09 (x2), '10
    MSG NY '08 (x2)
    Manchester '09 '12
    Belfast '10
    PJ20 Alpine '11 (x2)
    Leeds '14
    chime wrote:
    redrock wrote:

... I'm sure Jenny will help us out :P

And everyone (but not on my shoulders Pat, my fracture hasn't healed very well). We could ALL gang up on Dunk - before the set, obviously.
    Now we just need them to BE one of the support acts :oops: :lol:
    chime wrote:
    Now we just need them to BE one of the support acts :oops: :lol:

With Soundgarden please.....
    chime wrote:
    I like STP's music ... don't feel strongly one way or the other about Weiland

Hmmmm I just never got his antics whilst with Velvet revolver, or the way he dealt with the press
    redrock wrote:

Paul - STP rock.

i didnt even listen to the old one matey, cos i think they are pish. :thumbup:

i also think 93% of the grunge scene bands are pish so take that one way or the other.

But AIC is like the new Queen that came out.. Freddie Mercury died of lucozade or whatever and then they replace him with another bloke... they should just rename the band.. it's not Queen.

same with AIC... the guy had a very distinctive voice and no matter what people might suggest to me.. i listen to music and I connect to the voice... the guy died so replacing with another singer means it may as well be another band to me.. like if Ed left PJ, I doubt i'd even listen to the 'new' PJ if they hired another singer.. if they hired another singer and called themselves a totally different name i might... but 90% of pearl jam's attraction for me was the guys voice... same with Zeppelin, QOTSA, Nirvana, White Stripes,whatever... i dont hear a bassline and think I might love the band, if that was the case I'd be Level 42's greatest fan... but their singers shite so I'm not.

i'm just a stubborn old fool :D
    redrock wrote:

Paul - STP rock.

oops, sorry Pat, Ive been disappointing you a lot lately!!!
    dunkman wrote:
    the guy died so replacing with another singer means it may as well be another band to me.. like if Ed left PJ, I doubt i'd even listen to the 'new' PJ if they hired another singer..

But Jerry was/is the driving force behind the band. He and Layne shared vocals. So really, only part of the 'singer' was replaced. PJ continuing without Ed (just like The Doors continuing without Jim) is a very different matter. Ed is THE singer and a very distinctive one as well. Ed (just like Jim, Freddy, etc.) are all very charismatic people - a lot more so than the rest of the band (at least perceived as such).

Anyway... piss off. Who cares what you think of AIC ;):mrgreen: They're not your cup of tea... that's fine.
  • pdalowsky wrote:
    redrock wrote:

Paul - STP rock.

oops, sorry Pat, Ive been disappointing you a lot lately!!!

Ya Paul, sort it out!! ha ha.
    Lisbon '06 (x2)
    Katowice '07
    London '07 '09 (x2), '10
    MSG NY '08 (x2)
    Manchester '09 '12
    Belfast '10
    PJ20 Alpine '11 (x2)
    Leeds '14
    i know Pat :oops:
    redrock wrote:
    dunkman wrote:
    the guy died so replacing with another singer means it may as well be another band to me.. like if Ed left PJ, I doubt i'd even listen to the 'new' PJ if they hired another singer..

But Jerry was/is the driving force behind the band. He and Layne shared vocals. So really, only part of the 'singer' was replaced. PJ continuing without Ed (just like The Doors continuing without Jim) is a very different matter. Ed is THE singer and a very distinctive one as well. Ed (just like Jim, Freddy, etc.) are all very charismatic people - a lot more so than the rest of the band (at least perceived as such).

Anyway... piss off. Who cares what you think of AIC ;):mrgreen: They're not your cup of tea... that's fine.

I totally agree with your last line... it is fine.. be totally shit if the world all liked the same music after all :thumbup:
    dunkman wrote:

I totally agree with your last line... it is fine.. be totally shit if the world all liked the same music after all :thumbup:

As long as you still love me, I'm happy! :P
    redrock wrote:
    dunkman wrote:

As long as you still love me, I'm happy! :P

that was never in question! :thumbup: :oops:
  • I still want to get my tits out for Dunk though!
    Lisbon '06 (x2)
    Katowice '07
    London '07 '09 (x2), '10
    MSG NY '08 (x2)
    Manchester '09 '12
    Belfast '10
    PJ20 Alpine '11 (x2)
    Leeds '14