Options

what ten club number are we up to now?

Comments

• Options
    Exactly.......a low number will get you good seats, but, you have to actually get the seats first. :)

They'll usually give you a month or so before they recycle your number, and if you happen to have it lapse longer then that, you might be screwed. If you're not a repeat offender, sometimes they'll give you your old number back.

damn I think it was quite a few months. it just didn't even cross my mind. I hate when I screw up like this.

DAMMITTT!!!! I just went through my order history it was like 7 months! ugh! I must have thought I renewed it and didn't. How could I possibly be this stupid??? And when I renew it in November, it didn't even cross my mind that I'd lose my number.
  • Options
    Ahhh...I just found the policy. Apparently you have a 90 day grade period after the expiration date within which you can keep your number. If you're past that, you need to present "valid reasoning." I just hope my reasoning is valid.
  • Options
    I joined september of 07 and my number is 411XXX. I would've thought the numbers would be at 450 by now.

There has not been a new album anounced since then and this tour caught most people off guard. Once word hits the streets that a new album and tour is in the works i bet it takes another 50K jump. just my thoughts.
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    Ahhh...I just found the policy. Apparently you have a 90 day grade period after the expiration date within which you can keep your number. If you're past that, you need to present "valid reasoning." I just hope my reasoning is valid.
    sorry but 'I forgot' ain't a valid reason in my book.

I was in hospital, working as a missionary in Africa, lost my job and leaving of welfare stamps to feed my kids ...those are valid reasons.
  • Options
    Pegasus wrote:
    sorry but 'I forgot' ain't a valid reason in my book.

I was in hospital, working as a missionary in Africa, lost my job and leaving of welfare stamps to feed my kids ...those are valid reasons.

you don't know what the ten club considers valid. and I didn't just "forget" I didn't *know* that I forgot. Hell I was finishing grad school and looking for jobs and moving at the time, no wonder I got confused.
  • Options
    I think forgetting is a valid reason. Without reminders, it gets difficult. Now, if you forget for more than a year then the validity goes down the drain.
  • Options
    Now, if you forget for more than a year then the validity goes down the drain.

I agree. I didn't think about my membership until I didn't get Deep or the xmas single (i forget which) and even then I thought it was because my address was wrong after moving-I had no idea I hadn't renewed it. it wasn't until I went in to change my address that I saw what was up.
  • Options
    strummersstrummers Posts: 2,611
    I think forgetting is a valid reason. Without reminders, it gets difficult. Now, if you forget for more than a year then the validity goes down the drain.

You do get a reminder from 10c (via e-mail) about 1 month before your current membership runs out. From what I've heard they're enforcing the policy a lot stricter now and if you run past the grace period, then that's it.

Seems a lot of people are forgetting to renew these days :D
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    http://www.strummersphotography.com

<object width="360" height="300"><param name="movie" value="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><PARAM NAME=FlashVars VALUE="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow"><embed src="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf&quot; FlashVars="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="360" height="300"></embed></object>
  • Options
    strummers wrote:
    You do get a reminder from 10c (via e-mail) about 1 month before your current membership runs out. From what I've heard they're enforcing the policy a lot stricter now and if you run past the grace period, then that's it.

Seems a lot of people are forgetting to renew these days :D

um, I've never gotten a reminder. Infact, I just checked my email from the whole month before my membership expired and the only thing from the 10c was about traveling to europe. It's not a email security issue- I get everything else from them (it's in my contacts and whatnot).
  • Options
    12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    There has not been a new album anounced since then and this tour caught most people off guard. Once word hits the streets that a new album and tour is in the works i bet it takes another 50K jump. just my thoughts.

very true, but i thought id would be a little higher than that by now. So what, the highest number now is about 420xxx? i hope it hits 500 by the time of a new album, this way my 411xxx doesnt look so bad :D
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • Options
    strummersstrummers Posts: 2,611
    um, I've never gotten a reminder. Infact, I just checked my email from the whole month before my membership expired and the only thing from the 10c was about traveling to europe. It's not a email security issue- I get everything else from them (it's in my contacts and whatnot).

Weird, and you're sure your security settings are ok and your up-to-date e-mail address is logged with the 10c? I get a reminder each year, like I said, about 1 month before it's due.

Do you get all of the other e-mails from 10c?
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    http://www.strummersphotography.com

<object width="360" height="300"><param name="movie" value="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><PARAM NAME=FlashVars VALUE="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow"><embed src="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf&quot; FlashVars="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="360" height="300"></embed></object>
  • Options
    strummers wrote:
    Weird, and you're sure your security settings are ok and your up-to-date e-mail address is logged with the 10c? I get a reminder each year, like I said, about 1 month before it's due.

Do you get all of the other e-mails from 10c?

yeah I get pretty much every other email (as far as I know). I've never seen anything from ten club in my junk mail. I'm not sure I've *ever* gotten a reminder though. I vaguely remember them from years ago maybe.
  • Options
    I keep seeing people say that if you place an order before you join a membership number is assigned to you and then that becomes your number but I'm not sure that's true. I joined in early 01 and my number is 22xxxx, but the oldest order in my profile is from December of 02 and the order number is 2643. Why is my ten club number almost ten times higher than that if an order # becomes my membership number?
  • Options
    Murderers.Murderers. Posts: 1,382
    I keep seeing people say that if you place an order before you join a membership number is assigned to you and then that becomes your number but I'm not sure that's true. I joined in early 01 and my number is 22xxxx, but the oldest order in my profile is from December of 02 and the order number is 2643. Why is my ten club number almost ten times higher than that if an order # becomes my membership number?
    You joined before you ordered anything, by the looks of it.
    What the fuck is this world?
  • Options
    Duster72Duster72 Posts: 37
    yosi wrote:
    I would kill for a number like that.

For 197xxx? You shouldn't. I have 229xxx and it does not get me good seats, trust me. Unless you consider 25 rows up on the side of the stage good seats. Hell, at the United Center I was almost at the back of the floor 30 rows up. They are not seats that I would be excited about pulling on Ticketmaster. And that's not Boston/NYC/LA.
  • Options
    Murderers wrote:
    You joined before you ordered anything, by the looks of it.

Maybe, maybe not. I really can't remember. But my point is if they assign a number to each order then why were numbers like 2643 being assigned in December of 02 and 22xxxx being assigned in early 01? I'm taking it that a membership number is only assigned to the first order of a non-member and that all orders after joining are just given regular order numbers. That still seems weird to me though.
  • Options
    Duster72 wrote:
    For 197xxx? You shouldn't. I have 229xxx and it does not get me good seats, trust me. Unless you consider 25 rows up on the side of the stage good seats. Hell, at the United Center I was almost at the back of the floor 30 rows up. They are not seats that I would be excited about pulling on Ticketmaster. And that's not Boston/NYC/LA.

yeah it's really not a great number at all, especially not in the big cities. it's better than 414 or whatever I have now though! :)
  • Options
    goldenegggoldenegg Posts: 367

I'd feel really sorry for the folks who's number is based off the new 11 digit order numbers :)
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    Maybe, maybe not. I really can't remember. But my point is if they assign a number to each order then why were numbers like 2643 being assigned in December of 02 and 22xxxx being assigned in early 01? I'm taking it that a membership number is only assigned to the first order of a non-member and that all orders after joining are just given regular order numbers. That still seems weird to me though.
    no, it's not the order number you misunderstood.

when you order something for the first time, you create an ACCOUNT. it's that account that get the number (except I don't think you can see it).
    if then you order a membership, it's that account number you get (or got, I thought I heard it was patched..I hope it was) that original order account number as your membership number.

it definitely happened because every time one of those 'what's your number, when did you join' thread appears, I can see several people that joined later than I did (much later, over a year), with better numbers (I had never bought anything before the membership).

I also heard there was some number cock-up many years ago so some of the very early members got shortchanged and ended up with a much worse number than they should have (relatively..talking about <100,00 here) and that could not be fixed.
  • Options
    Stephen FlowStephen Flow Posts: 3,327
    I wonder if someone on the brink of death wanted to transfer their number to their spouse of child if they would be able to.
  • Options
    419,7xx, joined MOnday
    Boston Garden 5/25/06
    Lollapalooza 8/5/07
    Madison Square Garden 6/24/08 and 6/25/08
    Mansfield 6/30/08
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    The answers are fatal......
  • Options
    I wonder if someone on the brink of death wanted to transfer their number to their spouse of child if they would be able to.

you could probably put it in your will.
  • Options
    I`m glad I got in when I did 10 years ago this past January, and my number is 165xxx. The best th at i`ve gotten was fourth row mikes side fot the East Lansing show in 98. The worst that i got (which did turned out to be a great deal in the end) was in 2003 At DTE ENERGY MUSIC CENTER (PINE KNOB DAMN IT!!!!).....anyway I went there early and waited from like 9 am to 3 pm and finally got tickets and they were 25 rows back, I guess what happened was that the season ticket holders were able to get the seats before the fanclub could get the tickets, so they had a limited number of lawn seats that they gave out for the next nights show that they gave out , which wasn`t bad at all.
  • Options
    I`m glad I got in when I did 10 years ago this past January, and my number is 165xxx. The best th at i`ve gotten was fourth row mikes side fot the East Lansing show in 98. The worst that i got (which did turned out to be a great deal in the end) was in 2003 At DTE ENERGY MUSIC CENTER (PINE KNOB DAMN IT!!!!).....anyway I went there early and waited from like 9 am to 3 pm and finally got tickets and they were 25 rows back, I guess what happened was that the season ticket holders were able to get the seats before the fanclub could get the tickets, so they had a limited number of lawn seats that they gave out for the next nights show that they gave out , which wasn`t bad at all.

you got 4th row on that? Sheesh, the number I normally get tickets from is 172 (1998) and I've NEVER been anywhere NEAR that close. I guess I usually go to the major venues but still. the best I've done was 15th row way on the side in albany.
  • Options
    Pegasus wrote:
    no, it's not the order number you misunderstood.

when you order something for the first time, you create an ACCOUNT . . .

That makes a lot more sense. I hate that I let my membership lapse. I first joined in late 94 or early 95, but I never renewed after the first year. I was young and dumb I guess. I wonder what my number was back then?
  • Options
    acutejamacutejam Posts: 1,433
    Fan since '93, but just joined on March 15, 2008: 416,XXX

sheesh, just for a surprise Least Coast Tour??!?!?
    C'mon, play the Best Coast!
    hehehe
    [sic] happens
  • Options
    silver39silver39 Columbus, Ohio Posts: 1,346
    My numer when I joind in 95 is 168xxx Closest I've ever gotten is 12th row center stage. I have to say those were not bad seats...wish I could get closer next time!!
    "I'll ride the wave,Where it takes me, I'll hold the pain, Release me"
    "I'm not about to give thanks or appologize"
    "Caught a bolt of lighting, cursed the day he let it go"
  • Options
    vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,861
    acutejam wrote:
    Fan since '93, but just joined on March 15, 2008: 416,XXX

sheesh, just for a surprise Least Coast Tour??!?!?
    C'mon, play the Best Coast!
    hehehe

416 x to 419 x in a month!
    tour feever
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • Options

I've always gotten an E-Mail reminder. As a matter of fact I got 2 this year because I forgot to renew after the first one.

Dear Ten Club member,

This is just a friendly reminder that your membership has either expired or is about to expire. PLEASE NOTE: You now have 3 months from the date of your expiration to renew and retain your member number and seniority. If you renew after the 3-month grace period, you will receive a new member number and lose all established seniority. Please follow the instructions below to renew your membership and retain your seniority status:
  • Options
    Sometimes higher numbers get better seats. At the Spectrum in Phila, 220xxx would get you all the way in the back on the floor, but higher numbers would get you seats 1st level 2nd section from the stage.
    I will hold the candle until it burns up my arm. I'll keep taking punches until their will grows tired. I will stare the sun down until my eyes go blind. I won't change direction and I won't change my mind.