Options

what ten club number are we up to now?

GreenTeaDiseaseGreenTeaDisease Posts: 3,359
edited April 2008 in The Porch
there's probably a thread about this somewhere already, but impossible to find. What is the approximate highest number?

and actually, here's a question...I just realized that my membership expired for a couple months and I think I got a new number...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    I definitely saw someone with at least 419xxx.
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
  • Options
    yosi wrote:
    I definitely saw someone with at least 419xxx.

yeah I think I did get a new number. damn! I think I was 197 or something before now I'm in the 400s. I use "my brother's" (we go to all the shows together) number for my seats...but still...ugh...I didn't know that would happen!
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    thought i saw someone say 500+ last time this came up..no?
  • Options
    Stephen FlowStephen Flow Posts: 3,327
    500... ?

Damn!
  • Options
    yeah I think I did get a new number. damn! I think I was 197 or something before now I'm in the 400s. I use "my brother's" (we go to all the shows together) number for my seats...but still...ugh...I didn't know that would happen!
    197 is not a bad number , its a shame you lost it
    Some people have religion I have Pearl Jam.

no more shows
  • Options

I could have sworn that your number doesn't change if you renew after the expiration date. oh well, I'm just screwed now if I ever want to go to a show without my brother!
  • Options
    500... ?

Damn!
    doesn't mean there's 500,000 members, far from it!

numbers increase every time someone creates an account to buy something, not just a membership (unfortunately that's why people who joined later than other get much better number, simply because they've bought something in the past :()
    since a lot more people are now using the internet and buying on it, the number of actual MEMBERS, let alone active ones, in the <200,000 range is I believe far greater than the number of members in the range above that.
  • Options
    PandaakaPandaaka Posts: 3
    Pegasus wrote:
    thought i saw someone say 500+ last time this came up..no?

I think that was actually just a 50*** number and was just misquoted, but can't be sure. I joined June last year and got 408***
  • Options
    ToneTone Posts: 1,206
    there's probably a thread about this somewhere already, but impossible to find. What is the approximate highest number?

and actually, here's a question...I just realized that my membership expired for a couple months and I think I got a new number...

You can email them and plead your case to get your original number back (it's on the site). I'm going to do that, I lost my low number and I'm going to be emailing them giving them the reasons I wasn't able to renew on time.
    Glaciers melting in the dead of night and the superstars sucked into the supermassive.
  • Options
    I could have sworn that your number doesn't change if you renew after the expiration date. oh well, I'm just screwed now if I ever want to go to a show without my brother!
    depends how long after. 1 months, no (assuming you're renewing under your old login. if you created a new account, of course you'll get a new number!).

if you let it lapse 6 months, then tough.
  • Options
    Tone wrote:
    You can email them and plead your case to get your original number back (it's on the site). I'm going to do that, I lost my low number and I'm going to be emailing them giving them the reasons I wasn't able to renew on time.

Yeah I emailed them, but I think I just forgot. they should really send you an email or something when it's about to expire! the only reason I thought of it was because I didn't get a christmas single, and I was like hmmm...maybe it expired.
  • Options
    Pegasus wrote:
    depends how long after. 1 months, no (assuming you're renewing under your old login. if you created a new account, of course you'll get a new number!).

if you let it lapse 6 months, then tough.

I actually have no idea how long it was except it was definitely less than 1 year, but honestly that shouldn't really matter, that's arbitrary. I didn't create a new account though, I still have the same one, my whole history back to like 2000 is in my profile.
  • Options
    joebotjoebot Posts: 372
    Tone wrote:

I should do that. I joined during Vitalogy and let it lapse, then rejoined during binaural and now I am 409xxx !!
  • Options
    Yeah I emailed them, but I think I just forgot. they should really send you an email or something when it's about to expire! the only reason I thought of it was because I didn't get a christmas single, and I was like hmmm...maybe it expired.

Agreed, an email reminder would be good.
    Glaciers melting in the dead of night and the superstars sucked into the supermassive.
  • Options
    yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272

I would kill for a number like that.
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
  • Options
    joebot wrote:
    I should do that. I joined during Vitalogy and let it lapse, then rejoined during binaural and now I am 409xxx !!

Yeah, I'm in the 400s now too.
  • Options
    Pegasus wrote:

numbers increase every time someone creates an account to buy something, not just a membership (unfortunately that's why people who joined later than other get much better number, simply because they've bought something in the past :()
    since a lot more people are now using the internet and buying on it, the number of actual MEMBERS, let alone active ones, in the <200,000 range is I believe far greater than the number of members in the range above that.

i don't think this is true at all. I think a lot of the same people just let it lapse and rejoin again and again. So while there are a lot less than 500,000 members i dont think i can buy a poster now and get 420xxx and then join in 5 years when its 600,xxx and get 4220xxx as my fan club number. That would muck up the whole thing. Not to mention i think the numbers would be a lot higher if that was the case. People just get lazy or forget and than have to rejoin. Plus PJ does ocasionally pick up some new fans.
  • Options
    Stephen FlowStephen Flow Posts: 3,327
    Pegasus wrote:

I realize this but I don't think that effects the numbers that much....

What does affect it more is vacant numbers since they do not reissue the number once it's lost by someone.
  • Options
    damn I keep checking my email even though it's 8am in seattle to begin with and as if they're not wicked busy to boot.
  • Options
    AnthonyD1987AnthonyD1987 Boston, MA Posts: 347
    I just joined on Tuesday, and my number is 419xxx.
    492xxx

2006: Boston 1 and 2
    2008: MSG 1 and 2, Mansfield 1 and 2
    2010: Boston
    2012: Made in America Philly
  • Options
    When your membership expires and you renew after the expiration date you get a new number, so what happens to the old number??? When it comes time for the Tenclub distribute the tickets, do they just jump to the next available number and the old number does not exist anymore???
    I'm confused!!!
    "makes much more sense, to live in the present tense"
  • Options
    When your membership expires and you renew after the expiration date you get a new number, so what happens to the old number??? When it comes time for the Tenclub distribute the tickets, do they just jump to the next available number and the old number does not exist anymore???
    I'm confused!!!

Yeah, I think that's how it works.

although I swear to god I have renewed after the expiration and kept my old number in the past.
  • Options
    Yeah, I think that's how it works.

although I swear to god I have renewed after the expiration and kept my old number in the past.

I think that happened to me once too, the first time I had to renew, I don't remember anymore.
    "makes much more sense, to live in the present tense"
  • Options
    tschavtschav Posts: 2,789
    maybe they've tightened up the system in recent years (especially if they're up to the 400's) to make sure there's less a chance to renew after expiration.
  • Options
    I'm confused!!!

yeah the number is just gone.....if theres 200k active members and your 400xxx your probably in reality somewhere in the 200 range. the good thing is that probably the most active members are in the 300-400xxx range because they have joined most recently
    4/28/03, 7/5/03, 7/8/03, 7/14/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 9/15/05, 9/16/05, 9/30/05, 10/1/05, 10/3/05, 5/4/06, 5/12/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/3/06, 6/23/06, 6/19/08, 6/20/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/30/08, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/18/10
  • Options
    tschav wrote:
    maybe they've tightened up the system in recent years (especially if they're up to the 400's) to make sure there's less a chance to renew after expiration.

I think they may have. I'm so bummed! I didn't even think of it until now.
  • Options
    I realize this but I don't think that effects the numbers that much....

What does affect it more is vacant numbers since they do not reissue the number once it's lost by someone.
    actually I think it affects a LOT more than lapsed memberships.

I'd bet that the number of numbers created through purchase of goods rather than membership is on the 1-10 ratio if not way more!

but only 10c knows for sure.
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,358
    as far as i see it my low # didn't get me tickets to the msg shows ,so it really doesn't mean too much to have such a low # but more luck to get tickets ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    I just joined on Tuesday, and my number is 419xxx.

I joined september of 07 and my number is 411XXX. I would've thought the numbers would be at 450 by now.
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • Options
    CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,932
    as far as i see it my low # didn't get me tickets to the msg shows ,so it really doesn't mean too much to have such a low # but more luck to get tickets ...

Exactly.......a low number will get you good seats, but, you have to actually get the seats first. :)

They'll usually give you a month or so before they recycle your number, and if you happen to have it lapse longer then that, you might be screwed. If you're not a repeat offender, sometimes they'll give you your old number back.