Pearl Jam lyrics for a wedding reading - help needed

Alive 79Alive 79 Posts: 100
edited February 2010 in The Porch
So I've finally decided to tie the knot (after 11 years!) and am getting married in July. My hubbie to be isn't a fan so I'm not allowed Pearl Jam for a wedding song :(

I thought maybe we could use the lyrics to a song for a reading during the ceremony instead but am struggling to find the perfect lyrics.

Also, any other ways of getting Pearl Jam into the wedding........Ed quotes etc
Underneath this smile lies everything........... all my hopes, anger, pride and shame
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Hail, hail the lucky ones...
  • PRLJM1PRLJM1 Posts: 584
    Just Breathe

Did I say that I need you?
    Did I say that I want you?
    Oh, if I didn’t now I’m a fool you see,..
    No one knows this more than me.
    Summerfest '95,Alpine '98,Ice Bowl(Alpine'00),Alpine'03,Chicago'06,Summerfest(x2)'06,Riverside Theater '08(EV),ChicagoII '09, PJ20-Alpine Valley 9/3/11, 9/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Voodoo Fest '13 (New Orleans), Milwaukee '14, Wrigley 1,2 '16
  • Fuck me in my brain!!!!!!!! Go on it would be funny
  • "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Alive 79Alive 79 Posts: 100
    Fuck me in my brain!!!!!!!! Go on it would be funny

I don't think that would go down too well with my family - it's bad enough that I'm not having a church wedding!
    Underneath this smile lies everything........... all my hopes, anger, pride and shame
  • PRLJM1PRLJM1 Posts: 584
    This is not for you
    This is not for you
    This is not for you
    Oh, never was for you...fuck you...
    This is not for you...

Sorry, couldn't resist. Seriously now, maybe something from Throw your arms around me
    Summerfest '95,Alpine '98,Ice Bowl(Alpine'00),Alpine'03,Chicago'06,Summerfest(x2)'06,Riverside Theater '08(EV),ChicagoII '09, PJ20-Alpine Valley 9/3/11, 9/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Voodoo Fest '13 (New Orleans), Milwaukee '14, Wrigley 1,2 '16
  • elwayvedderelwayvedder Posts: 9,118
    lyrics from You Are can be found in my wedding vows to Mrs ElwayVedder (but dont tell anyone!)
  • Hold me and make it the truth
    That when all is lost there will be you
  • "More than friends I always pledged
    Cause friends they come and go"
    or
    "It's already been sung, but it can't be said enough.
    All you need is love"

Those would be my suggestion off the top of my head. Maybe they're too straight forward. Congratulations nonetheless!
  • Your husband "Allows" you to do things!?

My, that's a traditional marriage. I'm guessing, "I am mine" is not a lyric you agree with :? .

Drop the leash

She will rise above

Fist on my plate, swallowed it down

I have a dog: Obeys, listens, kisses, loves
    "May you live in interesting times."
  • Alive 79Alive 79 Posts: 100
    Your husband "Allows" you to do things!?

My, that's a traditional marriage. I'm guessing, "I am mine" is not a lyric you agree with :? .

Drop the leash

She will rise above

Fist on my plate, swallowed it down

I have a dog: Obeys, listens, kisses, loves

Complete opposite actually......"I am mine" sums me up totally - hence the 9 year engagement! But I thought seeing as I'm getting everything else I want for the wedding and hubbie is paying :D I can't really make him dance to a song that "sounds like whining cats".........why am I marrying him again?
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    Love can keep on moving,... in both directions
    How to be happy and true
    Is the quest we're taking on together

There's a light ... when my baby is in my arms
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • Glad you took my previous suggestion in good humour. I have been racking my brains and it's got to be You Are. Excellent shout elwayvedder, you beat me to it.