Confirmed: PJ to appear on new Leno Tonight show

2»

Comments

• rolenrockrolenrock Posts: 312
    I pointed out that they were still working the "old-fashioned" way by working with mom and pops record stores and still making LP records. They haven't gotten rid of their traditions.

PJ has recently hurt record stores when the took the Target deal. All LP and Cd's had to be bought through Target Distribution Channels and it significantly hurt what could have been a huge gain for small indies.
    2009: Philly Night 2
    2010: MSG Night 1 and Night 2
    2011: Eddie Vedder Solo in Philly, PJ20 Alpine Valley Day 1 and Day 2.
    2012: Berlin Night 1(7/4)
    2013: Wrigley Field, Philly 1 and 2
  • goldrushgoldrush Posts: 7,483
    Black10 wrote:
    gndcd402 wrote:
    MrSmith wrote:
    with three rumors squashed in one night, we are in desperate need of some new ones.
    i wouldnt watch. i dont care if pj, jesus, and george costanza were on it, i wouldnt watch it.

SCREW NBC

I don't give a shit who NBC screws over. If PJ is on NBC, I'm watching it..
    I agree. I couldn't give a damn which presenter is trying to outdo his guests with their hilarious quips and shitty scripted jokes, if PJ are on a show I'll watch it.
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • shadowcast wrote:
    I love how people have this bitterness towards jay. The dude has been #1 for like 16 years. The dude is a ratings beast. Now u don't think he is all that funny but he is a class act.

Yeah.... he is a real class act :roll:

He is a HYPOCRITE

Here is the proof

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/6d1caacad1/jay-s-2004-announcement
  • shadowcastshadowcast Posts: 2,182
    shadowcast wrote:
    I love how people have this bitterness towards jay. The dude has been #1 for like 16 years. The dude is a ratings beast. Now u don't think he is all that funny but he is a class act.

He is a HYPOCRITE

Here is the proof

Does anyone look into things anymore or have we all become headlines readers only. Let me put it to you this way. Jay in 2004 #1 for late night rating for like his 12th year in a row. NBC comes up to him & says in 5 years we want to step down because we do not think you are going to be able to keep up the ratings. 5 years go by and he is still killing everyone. So NBC can't fire this ratings beast and let him go to another network and beat the shit out of them. So they resign him and say we are going to move you up and give Conan the Tonight Show. Jay being a company guy says yes. Both shows do badly. Now who is NBC going to keep??? A rating beast or Conan who could not even beat Letterman? It's called business everyone and all you generation y-ers/whiners need to get rid of this self entitlement shit. First you have to prove your worth in order to sustain a career. They (NBC) are not going to hand over the Tonight Show to a guy who couldn't even beat Letterman. Jay proved he could own that slot and NBC has stuck with their Homerun hitter. Hence Conan gets 38 million.....BOO HOO!!
  • jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,182
    rolenrock wrote:
    I pointed out that they were still working the "old-fashioned" way by working with mom and pops record stores and still making LP records. They haven't gotten rid of their traditions.

PJ has recently hurt record stores when the took the Target deal. All LP and Cd's had to be bought through Target Distribution Channels and it significantly hurt what could have been a huge gain for small indies.

I agree that the Target deal wasn't the best decision by the band, but my local Independent Record Store (Bull Moose Music in Maine) had both the LP and CD for sale. In fact, the CD was the hard covered version available through the Ten Club which was not offered for sale at Target. The Target agreement was not 100% exclusive.
    PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
  • Why don't they give Conan an actual chance and not have another "late night" host have a show before him? There's a reason that various affiliates were complaining because nobody was watching their news programs as a result of Leno's terrible show being on before them. Had it been set up the way it has in the past, with regular shows on, then the news, then the Tonight Show, Conan would have killed in the ratings. Instead, people were turning off their TV's because they didn't want to sit through Leno's awful show, then the news before the Tonight Show.

Nobody is paying attention to the fact that Leno was competing for guests and was hosting a show before Conan's time slot.
  • InHiding19InHiding19 Posts: 2,385
    Jay Leno always was and is a pile of shit. He was never funny and never will be.
    Out of the Blue and Into the Black................Uncle Neil Philly 08 here I come!!!!
  • KO282453 wrote:
    here's a silly question, stfu? i think i know what the fu stands for but st? help a newb out. :?

shut the
  • shadowcast wrote:
    shadowcast wrote:

He is a HYPOCRITE

Here is the proof

Does anyone look into things anymore or have we all become headlines readers only. Let me put it to you this way. Jay in 2004 #1 for late night rating for like his 12th year in a row. NBC comes up to him & says in 5 years we want to step down because we do not think you are going to be able to keep up the ratings. 5 years go by and he is still killing everyone. So NBC can't fire this ratings beast and let him go to another network and beat the shit out of them. So they resign him and say we are going to move you up and give Conan the Tonight Show. Jay being a company guy says yes. Both shows do badly. Now who is NBC going to keep??? A rating beast or Conan who could not even beat Letterman? It's called business everyone and all you generation y-ers/whiners need to get rid of this self entitlement shit. First you have to prove your worth in order to sustain a career. They (NBC) are not going to hand over the Tonight Show to a guy who couldn't even beat Letterman. Jay proved he could own that slot and NBC has stuck with their Homerun hitter. Hence Conan gets 38 million.....BOO HOO!!

More like...does anyone (YOU) listen? How is what Jay said in this clip NOT hypocritical? He doesn't want another situation like between He and Letterman....He doesn't want to do the show into his 60's....I understand this was NBC's idea....but he didn't need to say the things he said when he very clearly did not mean them
  • pateljam wrote:
    It would be a dark day in PJ history if that ever happens.

A dark day in PJ history... yeah just like if the band would sell out to a store like Target... oh wait... :roll:
    [/quote]
    They didn't sell out to target, they chose to sell only through target. Excluding places that are un American such as Wally word, etc. They took control of who distributes their album. I wish stupid ppl would quit talking about Bands "selling out". Thats the whole point. To sell out. Stadiums 4 days in a row. Call Green Day a sell out while you're at it.