Why do Pearl Jam hate George Bush?

Comments

• Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,490
    What would jesus bomb?
  • Options
    CommyCommy Posts: 4,984
    STT757 wrote:
    I saw Pearl Jam open up for the Rolling Stones in Oakland back in 1997, during that time there was a crisis going on about IRaq and some UN sanctions etc.. Clinton was about to launch an attack on Iraq and Eddie at the concert was ripping him a new one, I don't think it's just Bush. I heard Ed rant about Clinton and the IRaq crisis, then three years later Ed and Pearl Jam went all out for Nader and that could not help Gore in Florida.

I think Ed just has a problem with Politics in general.
    no problem. responsibility. WE all do.

Any gov't anywhere in the world gets away with whatever it does with the consent of the people. The people can shut down a gov't overnight, they have the power, ultimately, and let the gov't rule with their consent.

So when Bush or Clinton or whoever go around bombing pharmecuetical plants or entire countries they do it with our consent, we allow them to do these terrible things. Its our fault. So yeah, Ed might be a little pissed about shit like that, I sure as fuck am.
  • Options
    CitizenRickCitizenRick Posts: 1,079
    I agree with you. He's a criminal and STILL our president.

Oh it's mind blowing! Clinton gets impeached for fucking an intern...and Bush doesn't get anything but bad approval ratings for fucking a country!
    "Had my eyes peeled both wide open, and I got a glimpse...of my innocense, got back my inner sence, baby got it...still got it"
  • Options
    LiteTheMatchLiteTheMatch Posts: 1,179
    I think it may be a symptom of human ignorance, but please remember that Bush is not solely responsible. There are many, many, many more people just as responsible. There are also many ideas & worldviews responsible.

"Bush" is just a symbol. "Clinton" is just a symbol. "Obama" is just a symbol.

There are several wealthy people who are in charge!
    A child's rhyme stuck in my head...
    It said "Life is nothing but a dream."
    I've spent so many years in question
    To find I'd known this all along.
  • Options
    InMyTree4InMyTree4 Posts: 1,239
    environmentally he has fucked us...he wouldnt sign about 10 different treaties that would have benefited the world environmental but would make the oil companies angry. we have taken like 10000000 steps backwards environmentally with the bush admin...not cool
    PJ:7/2/03.9/28/04.5/25/06.8/5/07.6/14/08.6/27/08.6/28/08.6/30/08.
    10/30/09.10/31/09.5/17/10.9/7/11
    EV:boston 1+2.albnay 1.boston 2010
  • Options
    itsevobabyitsevobaby Posts: 1,809
    Same reasons everyone else in the world hates him.
    meatloaf said it best:
    "you took the words right out of my mouth..."
    Look Alive,
    See These Bones
  • Options
    HawkshoreHawkshore Posts: 2,147
    sagapo1 wrote:
    Because Republicans = closed minded assholes.

Come on how about Newt Gingrich?
    Van 92.07.21 / Van 98.07.19 / Sea 98.07.22 / Tor 98.08.22 / Sea 00.11.06 / Van 03.05.30/ Van 05.09.02/ Gorge 06.07.22 & 23 / EV Van 08.04.02 / Tor 09.08.21 / Sea 09.09.21 & 22 / Van 09.09.25 / Van 11.09.25 / Van 13.12.04 / Pem 16.07.17 / Sea 18.08.10
  • Options
    WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    jblagg wrote:
    wow...three of us said that at the same time...great minds...

No I think you copied those two guys. Two great minds and one copy cat. :D
  • Options
    phillyfanphillyfan Posts: 831
    He sucks!!!
    If you hate something dont you do it too
    world fucking champs!!!
  • Options
    Oh it's mind blowing! Clinton gets impeached for fucking an intern...and Bush doesn't get anything but bad approval ratings for fucking a country!

once again, clinton did not get impeached for getting laid. he was impeached for lying under oath.
    "Have you ever.........pooped a balloon?"
    ~D.K.S.
  • Options
    once again, clinton did not get impeached for getting laid. he was impeached for lying under oath.
    so, when is Bush's trial? or Condi's? or Rumsfeld's? or Cheney's?
  • Options
    Commy wrote:
    so, when is Bush's trial? or Condi's? or Rumsfeld's? or Cheney's?

i'm not getting into that. just pointing out (again) that it wasn't him having sex that got him in trouble. it was the lying under oath. every single person around here seems to forget that.
    ~D.K.S.
  • Options
    LaddieLaddie Posts: 301
    its because he ordered that the rolling stones be killed even though it was actually the ramones. no wait...that was mr. burns.
  • Options

Dude...it was the root of the situation. A heavy republican house jumped all over a chance to stick it Clinton when they saw an opportunity to.

Anyhow he was aquitted of both charges...and rightfully so. Who really gives a shit if he lied about fucking Lewinsky! or if he reached a settlement with an opportunistic Paula Jones.

I care about a President selling our country out... and doing major damage that will take years to repair while doing it.
    "Had my eyes peeled both wide open, and I got a glimpse...of my innocense, got back my inner sence, baby got it...still got it"
  • Options
    muiren77muiren77 Posts: 3,511

"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."

now, that is classic from your president...:D
    cracks me up...i didn't realize bush is funnier than our ex-president erap...
    what is essential is invisible to the eye

apparently, 07162056 is THE date...
  • Options
    I think the better question is, Does George Bush own any PJ albums? I bet he has at some point. I would guess he's a big fan of Vitalogy.
    Uniondale. 2003
    MSG 1+2. 2010
    Wrigley. Brooklyn 2. Hartford. 2013
    St. Louis. Denver. 2014
    Global Citizens Festival. 2015
    MSG 2. Fenway 2. Wrigley 1. 2016
    Safeco 2. Missoula. 2018
  • Options
    SammyK14SammyK14 Posts: 287
    sagapo1 wrote:

doesn't that seem a tad closed minded?
    5 years of Jam...

06: Pittsburgh
    07: Lollapalooza
    08: Bonnaroo, DC
    EV (second row!!!!!!) in DC
    09: Philly 2 & 3
    10: Newark
  • Options
    Left Porch wrote:
    I think the better question is, Does George Bush own any PJ albums? I bet he has at some point. I would guess he's a big fan of Vitalogy.

Wouldn't that be ironic!

I'd say he doesn't own any PJ...but he might have had a Dixie Chicks album or two at some point. Again...that would be sweet irony!
  • Options
    Dude...it was the root of the situation. A heavy republican house jumped all over a chance to stick it Clinton when they saw an opportunity to.

Anyhow he was aquitted of both charges...and rightfully so. Who really gives a shit if he lied about fucking Lewinsky! or if he reached a settlement with an opportunistic Paula Jones.

I care about a President selling our country out... and doing major damage that will take years to repair while doing it.

blah, blah, blah.

never said i agreed with him being impeached. you posted something that wasn't true and i corrected you on it. k?
    ~D.K.S.
  • Options
    Wouldn't that be ironic!

I'd say he doesn't own any PJ...but he might have had a Dixie Chicks album or two at some point. Again...that would be sweet irony!

I bet he owns some Springsteen for sure. Who doesn't?
    Uniondale. 2003
    MSG 1+2. 2010
    Wrigley. Brooklyn 2. Hartford. 2013
    St. Louis. Denver. 2014
    Global Citizens Festival. 2015
    MSG 2. Fenway 2. Wrigley 1. 2016
    Safeco 2. Missoula. 2018
  • Options
    Left Porch wrote:

For sure...and probably Dylan too.
  • Options
    blah, blah, blah.

never said i agreed with him being impeached. you posted something that wasn't true and i corrected you on it. k?

Ok...but that really was a general statement I made. The point... is that we make a huge deal about morals when it comes to someone cheating on their spouse and then "lying" about it...but not when someone cheats on the country they are in charge of.

Which does the most damage? That's all I was trying to say.

But thanks for holding me accountable of the "truth".
  • Options
    Ok...but that really was a general statement I made. The point... is that we make a huge deal about morals when it comes to someone cheating on their spouse and then "lying" about it...but not when someone cheats on the country they are in charge of.

Which does the most damage? That's all I was trying to say.

But thanks for holding me accountable of the "truth".

i'm not trying to argue with you or anyone else about bush. the only thing i pointed out was the mistake you made in your post. you guys want to post all the terrible things about bush, knock yourself out. i won't complain. don't try to make it look like i'm making excuses for anyone.
    ~D.K.S.
  • Options
    Back_PedalBack_Pedal Posts: 1,171
    Same reasons everyone else in the world hates him.
    Quoted for truth.
    Thanks EPOTTSIII!
    "Vinyl or not, you will need to pay someone to take RA of your hands" - Smile05
    424, xxx
  • Options
    choo chooo...
    PJ: 9/29/04, 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/30/08, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/18/13, 8/7/16
    eV: 8/4/08, 8/5/08, 6/21/11
    SG: 10/4/08<-- MET STONE!!!
  • Options
    sagapo1 wrote:

and that's the problem. you make a generalization like that and you my "friend" are a close minded asshole as well...
  • Options
    and that's the problem. you make a generalization like that and you my "friend" are a close minded asshole as well...
    rebublicans aren't closed minded, they are empty minded. They have one thought, how can I better serve the business class.
  • Options
    muppet wrote:
    Why do Pearl Jam hate George Bush?

Cause he stole their girlfriends!!!!
  • Options
    youngsteryoungster Boston Posts: 6,574
    Left Porch wrote:

I bet he only listens to music that came out in 2000 or before. That way he wouldn't have to hear his name being mocked on a lot of hit music albums.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • Options
    muiren77muiren77 Posts: 3,511
    Cause he stole their girlfriends!!!!

perhaps their girlfriends left their senses somewhere...
    what is essential is invisible to the eye

apparently, 07162056 is THE date...