Matt Cameron definitely in SG reunion

JimNasticsJimNastics Posts: 679
edited January 2010 in The Porch
Just got this email through for signing up to SG mailing list:

"Thanks to all for signing up. Stay tuned for more details! Loudest of Love-
Ben, Chris, Kim and Matt."
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I just got the same email. I was sad when I saw it.
    "Somebody throw up a gun so I can shoot you all......Fuckers". Eddie
  • Yah just got the email!
    Pretty cool!
    So u guys think we'll have SG tour dates coming up or some new music?
    Shows:
    Seattle Key Arena 9-21-2009
    Seattle Key Arena 9-22-2009
  • G ForceG Force Posts: 1,393
    Excellent detective work.

I'm skeptical about the SG reunion tour. Was their fan base back in the day hard core enough to care now... 10-12 years later? I don't know. What percentage of those that would go to a PJ show are going to shell out for the SG reunion tour?...maybe 10%. Maybe I'm totally wrong here but I liked Soundgarden when I was a lot younger... I think I was part of the younger part of their fan base. I'm now 28 and I don't see myself going. I just don't really care about black hole sun anymore. With PJ... they grew and I grew with them. With Soundgarden... I grew away from them. Thier albums just don't do it for me like they did when I was younger.

I wish the tour the best of luck and I'm sure the shows will be a ton of fun. It will be cool to hear how it goes.
  • HollisBrownHollisBrown Posts: 4,325
    I'd say a new album, then a tour to support.
    TRANSPLANTS SAVE LIVES
    www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • got the same email. Really wish they would give out some information about tour dates etc.
  • -decodified--decodified- Posts: 2,688
    got the same email. Really wish they would give out some information about tour dates etc.

+1 and I think we need to know what's going to happen with Pearl Jam too :roll: (tour, 20th Anniversary - good timing Chris for this reunion :evil: )... Matt is going to have a busy year :clap: !!!
    Bill Graham Civic Auditorium - Jul 15, 2006
    Outside Lands Festival - Aug 28, 2009
    Key Arena - Sep 21, 2009
    Viejas Arena - Oct 09, 2009
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 23, 2010
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 24, 2010
    Oracle Arena Nov 26, 2013
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 26, 2014
    Parque Simon Bolivar - Bogota, Colombia - Nov 25, 2015 - MY HOMETOWN!!!
    Madison Square Garden - May 01, 2016
    Madison Square Garden - May 02, 2016
    Wrigley Field - Aug 20, 2016
    Wrigley Field - Aug 22, 2016 - MY B-DAY!!!

dL7POFOTD9H0c.gif
  • TipJammer wrote:

I'm skeptical about the SG reunion tour. Was their fan base back in the day hard core enough to care now... 10-12 years later? I don't know. What percentage of those that would go to a PJ show are going to shell out for the SG reunion tour?...maybe 10%. Maybe I'm totally wrong here but I liked Soundgarden when I was a lot younger... I think I was part of the younger part of their fan base. I'm now 28 and I don't see myself going. I just don't really care about black hole sun anymore. With PJ... they grew and I grew with them. With Soundgarden... I grew away from them. Thier albums just don't do it for me like they did when I was younger.

I wish the tour the best of luck and I'm sure the shows will be a ton of fun. It will be cool to hear how it goes.

Hm that is a good point.

Now that I think about it, while I know a good amount of kids who know about pearl jam, I definitely don't know any who know about Soundgarden. Also Black Hole Sun gets crazy boring and its the only soundgarden song the radio will play
    Well maybe with some promotion or a new EP they can gain some new fans.
    Shows:
    Seattle Key Arena 9-21-2009
    Seattle Key Arena 9-22-2009
  • TipJammer wrote:

Hm that is a good point.

Now that I think about it, while I know a good amount of kids who know about pearl jam, I definitely don't know any who know about Soundgarden.
    orrrr... they just need to play clubs and ballrooms. that would be excellent! they could do a small tour hitting the big cities like seattle, la, and nyc, and play intimate places.
    and they can play some covers of audioslave and pearl jam.
    oh yes....
    PJ: 9/29/04, 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/30/08, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/18/13, 8/7/16
    eV: 8/4/08, 8/5/08, 6/21/11
    SG: 10/4/08<-- MET STONE!!!
  • SpinTheBlackCircle74SpinTheBlackCircle74 Posts: 1,394
    edited January 2010
    TipJammer wrote:

Black Hole Sun is not Soundgarden for me and have never liked the song. Soundgarden for me is songs like Hands All Over, Get On The Snake, Rusty Cage, My Wave, Jesus Crist Pose, Room With A Thousand Years Wide, Big Dumb Sex, Flower, Head Injury.

looking forward to some awsome shows and hopefully 2-3 fantastic albums.
    Post edited by SpinTheBlackCircle74 on
    Rock Werchter 4 july - 2010, Arras 3 july - 2010, Berlin Wuhlheide - June 30, 2010, Odyssey arena Belfast - 23 june 2010, O2 arena Dublin - june 22 2010, O2 arena London - Aug 18, 2009, Manchester Evening News Arena - Aug 17, 2009, Berlin Wuhlheide - Aug 15, 2009, Copenhagen 2007-06-26 Forum, London 2007-06-18 Wembley Arena, Prague 2006-09-22 Sazka Arena, Denmark 2000-06-30 Roskilde Festival, Stockholm on August 12th Mirrorball tour with Neil Young, Oslo 1993-06-27 Isle of Calf Festival(Kalvoya), Oslo Secret Club Concert 1993-06-26 Sentrum Scene
  • Ah yes Jesus christ pose would be sweet to see live! I love that song... But i'm an old fan they play'ed my college campus in 90 I think when they were touring with Faith No More... Looking forward to this tour!
  • G ForceG Force Posts: 1,393
    I think the smaller venue tour is the only way its going to happen. And judging from what Chris Cornell has put out of late... there is no way he'll be making a record that sounds anything like Soundgarden used to. That kind of music doesn't even really speak to the youth of today. They like shit like the Ting Tings "That's not my name... that's not my name" THAT SONG IS DUMB...THAT SONG IS DUMB. I know I sound like my father and his father but I don't understand the music kids like these days.
  • TipJammer wrote:
    I think the smaller venue tour is the only way its going to happen. And judging from what Chris Cornell has put out of late... there is no way he'll be making a record that sounds anything like Soundgarden used to. That kind of music doesn't even really speak to the youth of today. They like shit like the Ting Tings "That's not my name... that's not my name" THAT SONG IS DUMB...THAT SONG IS DUMB. I know I sound like my father and his father but I don't understand the music kids like these days.

I agree, it will definately be smaller venues.
  • PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,875
    maybe they meant this guy?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFGS1uBthO4
  • PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,875
    or maybe

he's going to do both bands

for other reasons

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0JTLMrNKHM

;)

kidding!!
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,262
    Yeah just got the email also but i've heard that they will be doing festival shows over in Europe ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • glbglb Posts: 356
    So are we to believe the soundgarden reunion is the reason for the so called cancelled Pearl Jam tour dates that was stated in the Jazzfest release? I can't say I'm very excited about this reunion. That would seem pretty extreme for Matt to pull double duty very often. Hope we get some info about all this pretty soon... and I hope it's good news! :)
    "I've got things to do and things to say in my own way..."
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    i agree with most others. SG is more or less dead to me. it woudl suck if Matt left for SG for any length of time.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • cajunkiwicajunkiwi Posts: 984
    TipJammer wrote:

Hm that is a good point.

Now that I think about it, while I know a good amount of kids who know about pearl jam, I definitely don't know any who know about Soundgarden. Also Black Hole Sun gets crazy boring and its the only soundgarden song the radio will play

You just know the wrong kids, man! I know plenty of kids foaming at the mouth about the SG reunion (wait - people in their 30s count as kids, right? I sure as hell feel like a kid). That being said, I don't know many people under the age of 25 who know who PJ are - they're a band for old people, apparently. That isn't THAT surprising though - I remember my dad listening to the Rolling Stones in the 80s and thinking "That's old person music, he should listen to something cool like Bon Jovi." (It was the 80s, leave me alone). Now I look back at the time gap between the Rolling Stones' first album and the 80s, and it's the same as from Ten until now... each time I think of that, 20 gray hairs pop up on my head. I don't care though - I'm sure some younguns got into them when Backspacer came out and The Fixer showed up on the radio, and I know a lot of people my age who now have kids and are indoctrinating them with PJ (they seem more receptive to PJ than I was to the Stones, which is nice - I actually ended up becoming a big fan of the Stones as I got older and now have more music from the 60s/70s than I do from the 2000s on my iPhone)... but I'd wager 3/4 of the crowd at a Pearl Jam concert is over 30, and a lot of those same guys would happily buy tickets to see Soundgarden too.

I'm also with the guy who said Black Hole Sun isn't Soundgarden to him... it's an okay song, but nowhere near their best stuff.

Don't come over here and piss on my gate, save it - just keep it off my wave...
    And I listen for the voice inside my head... nothing. I'll do this one myself.
  • jets521jets521 Posts: 804
    Slaves & Bulldozers
    Gun
    My Wave
    Jesus Christ Pose

that is all a newbie needs to get hooked to soundgarden IMO
    Wachovia Center, Philadelphia - 10/3/05
    Tweeter Center, Camden - 5/27/06
    Verizon Center, Wash. DC - 5/30/06
    Bonnaroo, Manchester, TN - 6/14/08
    Madison Square Garden, NYC - 6/19/08
    Spectrum, Philadelphia - 10/28/09
    Spectrum, Philadelphia - 10/30/09
    Spectrum, Philadelphia - 10/31/09
    Madison Square Garden, NYC - 5/21/10
    Wells Fargo Center, Philadelphia - 10/21/13
    1st Mariner Arena, Baltimore - 10/27/13
    Wells Fargo Center, Philadelphia - 4/28/16
    Enterprise Center, Saint Louis - 9/18/22
  • mervin50mervin50 Posts: 217
    I hate to admit it but I stopped listening to Soundgarden shortly after Badmotorfinger. Wasn't too impressed with Superunknown or Down on the Upside.

I agree that Pearl Jam evolved and maybe Soundgardent did but I grew in the same pattern as PJ not SG.
    TipJammer wrote:

Black Hole Sun is not Soundgarden for me and have never liked the song. Soundgarden for me is songs like Hands All Over, Get On The Snake, Rusty Cage, My Wave, Jesus Crist Pose, Room With A Thousand Years Wide, Big Dumb Sex, Flower, Head Injury.

looking forward to some awsome shows and hopefully 2-3 fantastic albums.
  • cajunkiwicajunkiwi Posts: 984
    81 wrote:
    i agree with most others. SG is more or less dead to me. it woudl suck if Matt left for SG for any length of time.

So you don't listen to any bands that aren't currently active? If Pearl Jam broke up after Matt left, and then 10 years from now they reform with Dave A and go on tour, would you boycott that because they're dead to you?

Good music is good music, it doesn't matter how old it is! The early 90s bands in my iPhone are perfectly happy sharing space with the Gaslight Anthem, Cage the Elephant, Black Sabbath, and Hendrix :D
    And I listen for the voice inside my head... nothing. I'll do this one myself.
  • Cornell solo had no prob selling out smaller venues so SG wouldnt have a prob filling places
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Posts: 15,056
    I'm pleased for those who have waited years for this

but like many others I get no excitement from it and won't be slightly tempted to make one date

spoonman was probably my fave and it's not exactly classic
  • youngsteryoungster Posts: 6,576
    Between Ed's solo tours (if he does any this year) and Matt drumming in Soundgarden's proposed shows, it will be a close race on who makes more bank this year.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • pdalowsky wrote:
    I'm pleased for those who have waited years for this

but like many others I get no excitement from it and won't be slightly tempted to make one date

spoonman was probably my fave and it's not exactly classic

Im waiting for the laughing smilie now?? It is a joke right?

Paul, we will have words in Dublin :)
    Dublin '96, '00, '06, '10
    Lisbon '06 (x2)
    Katowice '07
    London '07 '09 (x2), '10
    MSG NY '08 (x2)
    Manchester '09 '12
    Belfast '10
    PJ20 Alpine '11 (x2)
    Leeds '14
  • decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,977
    JimNastics wrote:
    Just got this email through for signing up to SG mailing list:

"Thanks to all for signing up. Stay tuned for more details! Loudest of Love-
    Ben, Chris, Kim and Matt."

well, yea...no?
    wouldn't be much of a SG reunion without him, would it?
    hope he has fun....:)
    i'd love to see SG!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• eeriepadaveeeriepadave Posts: 41,830
    :D of course like some people were mentioning it could be another Matt drummer :roll: :P
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    TipJammer wrote:

Hm that is a good point.

Now that I think about it, while I know a good amount of kids who know about pearl jam, I definitely don't know any who know about Soundgarden.
    orrrr... they just need to play clubs and ballrooms. that would be excellent! they could do a small tour hitting the big cities like seattle, la, and nyc, and play intimate places.
    and they can play some covers of audioslave and pearl jam.
    oh yes....

this is what im hoping and holding out for :D
  • Well im excited tht SG are back together and i hope to see one or two shows.

PJ are my fav band and SG are my number 2!

I am only 20 so i was only 7 when they broke up so im pleased i can hopefully get to see them guys! :D
    Let them wash away
    All those yesterdays
    All those yesterdays
    All those paper plates
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    so that double bill of pj and sg will really happen, sweet
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?