Strangers that touch your laundy

2»

Comments

• AllNiteThingAllNiteThing Posts: 1,114
    smarchee wrote:
    in an apartment laundry room

isn't this one of the most annoying things, wait your damn turn for a laundry machine, especially when there is no dryer available

the rage, the rage

2nd time too, these fucks took my laundry out and put it on some dirty (probably) table, now I think I might have to wash it again

I seriously thought I might get an assault charge if I let loose on them but I held back after much swearing and yelling

fuck

I would take your laundry out too. You need to be there on time to take your stuff out of the washer. If there are no dryers available, put your stuff in a laundry basket. And believe me, noone wants to touch your laundry.

Seriously. When I have to check multiple times and it's almost been an hour since the dryer turned off, you better believe your clothes are coming out. It's bad enough we have to share 4 dryers, one of which is broken, but you can't take up 3 of them and forget all about it. I ALWAYS time it so I'm there at least 2 - 3 minutes before the timer is done on my wash/dries. Respect others and you will get it in return.
    24 years old, mid-life crisis
    nowadays hits you when you're young
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    I ALWAYS GO WITH THE 5 MINUTE RULE..

if the clothes are done you have 5 minutes to take them out otherwise my speedos are going in :mrgreen:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • LizardjamLizardjam Posts: 1,121
    smarchee wrote:

isn't this one of the most annoying things, wait your damn turn for a laundry machine, especially when there is no dryer available

the rage, the rage

2nd time too, these fucks took my laundry out and put it on some dirty (probably) table, now I think I might have to wash it again

I seriously thought I might get an assault charge if I let loose on them but I held back after much swearing and yelling

fuck

I would take your laundry out too. You need to be there on time to take your stuff out of the washer. If there are no dryers available, put your stuff in a laundry basket. And believe me, noone wants to touch your laundry.

Seriously. When I have to check multiple times and it's almost been an hour since the dryer turned off, you better believe your clothes are coming out. It's bad enough we have to share 4 dryers, one of which is broken, but you can't take up 3 of them and forget all about it. I ALWAYS time it so I'm there at least 2 - 3 minutes before the timer is done on my wash/dries. Respect others and you will get it in return.

I will take other's crap out too if they leave it forever. I never do that and i don't expect anyone else to either. I have limited time to do laundry, just like everyone else. I HATE touching their crap and I don't want to have to deal with where to put it, and i sure as hell am not folding it. Just get it the hell out on time and I will also!
    bugs in the way...I feel about you

"New music, new friends. Pearl Jam."

I like our socks. I hear we make a fine sock. I always say, You might not love our records, but I think you'll like our socks. - Stone

"This record is us speaking out in class." -EV on PJ
  • I've never taken anyone's laundry out myself, if my Super is in the laundry room I will complain to her and she'll take it out no problem. I think the only reason I wont take it out myself is because I would not want them to walk in while I was doing it - uncomfortable! I try to make sure I am always in the laundry room a few minutes before mine is done to prevent this, but slip up every once in a while.

I also get mad at the people that I know are home all day and not working, but decide to do their laundry during the week, at night...frustrates me to no end!
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    I've never taken anyone's laundry out myself, if my Super is in the laundry room I will complain to her and she'll take it out no problem. I think the only reason I wont take it out myself is because I would not want them to walk in while I was doing it - uncomfortable! I try to make sure I am always in the laundry room a few minutes before mine is done to prevent this, but slip up every once in a while.

I also get mad at the people that I know are home all day and not working, but decide to do their laundry during the week, at night...frustrates me to no end!

thats a bitch lol

i hate it also

you see housekeepers and nannies doing it after 6pm ughhhhhhhh
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    smarchee wrote:

the rage, the rage

fuck

yeah, the thing is, I am on 15th floor and taking a laundry basket downstairs everytime for the possibility that all the dryers are available is not feasible, next time I will not leave, I will guard my laundry and throw daggers at the late ppl
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    CJMST3K wrote:
    "Last night at the dance, my little brother paid a buck to see your underwear"

sixteen_candles.jpg

hmm, nah, i bett not say it. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • LizardjamLizardjam Posts: 1,121
    smarchee wrote:
    smarchee wrote:

the rage, the rage

fuck

yeah, the thing is, I am on 15th floor and taking a laundry basket downstairs everytime for the possibility that all the dryers are available is not feasible, next time I will not leave, I will guard my laundry and throw daggers at the late ppl

I'm going to agree with this one, if there's no dryer available, leave the laundry in the washers the hell alone.
    bugs in the way...I feel about you

"New music, new friends. Pearl Jam."

I like our socks. I hear we make a fine sock. I always say, You might not love our records, but I think you'll like our socks. - Stone

"This record is us speaking out in class." -EV on PJ
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,923
    CJMST3K wrote:
    I've heard the dryers filters are rarely emptied, resulting in spending more money to dry than is necessary. So if you don't check the filter before you dry, this might help. :D

thanks. ;)

51D50M7HKFL._SL500_AA240_.jpg
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    I'm going to agree with this one, if there's no dryer available, leave the laundry in the washers the hell alone.[/quote]

thank you
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • I've never taken anyone's laundry out myself, if my Super is in the laundry room I will complain to her and she'll take it out no problem. I think the only reason I wont take it out myself is because I would not want them to walk in while I was doing it - uncomfortable! I try to make sure I am always in the laundry room a few minutes before mine is done to prevent this, but slip up every once in a while.

thats a bitch lol

i hate it also

Haha, I live in Hamilton...a steel city, there's no housekeepers or Nannies...
    I've never taken anyone's laundry out myself, if my Super is in the laundry room I will complain to her and she'll take it out no problem. I think the only reason I wont take it out myself is because I would not want them to walk in while I was doing it - uncomfortable! I try to make sure I am always in the laundry room a few minutes before mine is done to prevent this, but slip up every once in a while.

thats a bitch lol

i hate it also

Haha, I live in Hamilton...a steel city, there's no housekeepers or Nannies...

how long have you lived in Hamilton?

I can see the steel plants from my balcony, sometimes I get lost in the flames and clouds of smoke
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • how long have you lived in Hamilton?

I can see the steel plants from my balcony, sometimes I get lost in the flames and clouds of smoke[/quote]

I know, I see the smog every morning as Im driving down the mountain....its hovering above the lake...blowing over to Burlington ;)

Ive lived here all my life, Stoney Creek mountain until I was about 18 and now Hamilton Mountain.
  • I effing hated doing the laundry when I was in the army! There was only two machines, that were being used by about 50 people, and the driers would only work about half of the time.
    Because there were so many using the machines, you had to stay in the room waiting the entire time. If you only went to the toilet for five minutes, someone would stop your machine and take all your soaking wet clothes out. Some times you ended up using the whole damn day doing laundry, and it had to be done during the weekend cause you didn't have enough time any other day.

It was like this morbid survival-of-the-fittest situation that I've never experienced before or after.

The worst part is that people stole like crazy. If a guy had lost, say, an army jacket, he would go to the laundry room and steal a jacket so he wouldn't have to pay for it. And of course the army didn't care if it was your jacket that was stolen. You had to pay to have it replaced, and that was that.

Ah, writing this I know I'll get nightmares next time I'm sleeping.
  • Heatherj43Heatherj43 Posts: 1,254
    Keiran wrote:
    We never had our own washer/dryer when I was growing up. And, we always lived in apartments. This was "back in the day" when the majority of apartments were not fitted with washer dryer hookups so you had no choice but to use the facilities provided by the apt. or you could go to the local laundromat.

My poor mother spent endless hours running back and forth to the "wash house" so that our laundry didn't get piled on the filthy table or even worse, stolen. I never really appreciated the effort and time she spent taking care of us in that way. When we finally moved into a place that had hook ups, I remember she almost cried. What a luxury to be able to do laundry on her own time as opposed to when machines were available.

Thank you for this thread. I miss my mom terribly and I took for-granted so many things she did for me. Rekindling this small and silly memory reminded me of how much she truly loved me.
    Back in the day...lol...I use to use the washer I had, but hung the clothes outside to dry, no dryer, even in the winter. I would call it freeze drying. I learned that I could dry outside in the winter from my ex's gramma Pearl from the hills in Kentucky. We were in the army and all my neighbors started doing it too.
    Shoot, there was a period that I had neither a washer or dryer, so I would put my toddler's clothes in the bathtub, put soap in ,and then stand in it swishing my feet and legs around like a washer would. Then I would have to wring them out and hang them outside in the cold. Also, my kids have no idea I had to do these things, and they do not appreciate it at all, even those they have heard the stories.
    Save room for dessert!
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    i've touched laundry.....get it the fuck out of the dryer you lazy bastard

that said....

i've not touched laundy on reg basis in close to 10 years....
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    i've touched laundry.....get it the fuck out of the dryer you lazy bastard

that said....

i've not touched laundy on reg basis in close to 10 years....

haha, I had another incident lately that I may describe when I have the time in this thread

I think it describes the nature of ones character whether they are willing to touch a strangers wet underthings :lol:
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2