Strangers that touch your laundy

smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
edited November 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
in an apartment laundry room

isn't this one of the most annoying things, wait your damn turn for a laundry machine, especially when there is no dryer available

the rage, the rage

2nd time too, these fucks took my laundry out and put it on some dirty (probably) table, now I think I might have to wash it again

I seriously thought I might get an assault charge if I let loose on them but I held back after much swearing and yelling

fuck
1998 ~ Barrie
2003 ~ Toronto
2005 ~ London, Toronto
2006 ~ Toronto
2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
2014 - Detroit
2019 - Chicago X 2
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Haha, I always tell my friend that I am going to be banned from my laundry room one of these days because I get so mad at stuff like that....

One time I was late getting my laundry out, by 5-10 minutes, I realized this and went to run up to the laundry room...I opened my door and almost tripped over my basket, all my clothes were folded, in my basket and in front of my apartment door...still don't know who did it, it was a nice gesture...but leaving my clothes in the hallway, in front of my door, not to mention the fact that they touched all my clothes...who does that? The last thing I want to do is to be touching other peoples clothes, clean or not. lol.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    i've seen people leave their shit in the washer for over an hour. sorry charlie, i'm taking it out, and starting mine.

having your own washer/dryer is so nice. now the only problem i have is when the dryer breaks down and when the gf doesn't clean the lint trap. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • noone touch my laundry..its a war...
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    btw - not that I've needed to use laundry rooms, but I've heard the dryers filters are rarely emptied, resulting in spending more money to dry than is necessary. So if you don't check the filter before you dry, this might help. :D

...one of those random tips I heard on tv years ago.
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
  • Heatherj43Heatherj43 Posts: 1,254
    edited January 2010
    I am glad I don't have to deal with that. My best friend does and its awful. I wouldn't ever want others dealing with my laundry. I know in her building, its the biggest thing that causes fights. If you are late getting to your machine and getting your laundry out, others don't know how long its been in there waiting for you, so, yeah...they move it, or might have to wait all day.
    She hates when her laundry is left on top of some other machine or on a table. You'd think after all these years, there could be some way to let others know whose laundry it is and how to contact them, like an intercom thing or something.
    There has to a solution.
    When I didn't have my own laundry equipment, I use to have to use a laundromat. I would just stay there until I was done. I did see that sometimes people would put their stuff in and leave and come back and switch it to dryer and leave, etc., but usually there's enough equipment. On busy days, however, they would often be late getting back and people would put their stuff on a table. Oh, and I never have seen a lint trap cleaned in one of those places, good tip!
    It was nice of the person who folded your laundry, but they obviously knew whose it was, why didn't they knock on your door?
    Post edited by Heatherj43 on
    Save room for dessert!
  • Jeez, I didn't know laundry rooms were so stressful. Nice and warm, smell of clean, gentle chugga-chugga of the machines... I just get a nice buzz on and I could take a nap. Pickin fights is the last thing on my mind when I do laundry.
  • Heatherj43Heatherj43 Posts: 1,254
    "I don't want your boys touching my boys." Seinfeld.
    Save room for dessert!
  • Heatherj43 wrote:
    I am glad I don't have to deal with that. My best friend does and its awful. I wouldn't ever want others dealing with my laundry. I know in her building, its the biggest thing that causes fights. If you are late getting to your machine and getting your laundry out, others don't know how long its been in there waiting for you, so, yeah...they move it, or might have to wait all day.
    She hates when her laundry is left on top of some other machine or on a table. You'd think after all these years, there could be some way to let others know whose laundry it is and how to contact them, like an intercom thing or something.
    There has to a solution.
    When I didn't have my own laundry equipment, I use to have to use a laundromat. I would just stay there until I was done. I did see that sometimes people would put their stuff in and leave and come back and switch it to dryer and leave, etc., but usually there's enough equipment. On busy days, however, they would often be late getting back and people would put their stuff on a table. Oh, and I never have seen a lint trap cleaned in one of those places, good tip!
    It was nice of the person who folded your laundry, but they obviously knew whose it was, why didn't they knock on your door?

It was a nice gesture, like I said. I live in a fairly small building, so you sort of know where everyone lives, even though you don't necessarily talk to them. I have no idea who it was though, they didn't knock on my door, or say anything to me about it after the fact...I assume that since my work scrubs were in there they recognized them since that's all I seem to be wearing these days :roll: . Trust me, I would have loved a knock on the door, to avoid the face plant I almost had in my doorway rushing out the door to go get it, lol
  • smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    well the thing was there was no dryer available because these fucks do 15 loads at the same time, so I go down when my washing is done, no dryer, I go back up to apt for 5-8 minutes come down and my washing is out

so i guess either I shouldn't leave and wait for other lazy ppl to clean their dryer, become what I hate and take people's clothes out of the laundry, or go to a laundry-mat outside of this building

I don't want to come down and catch them in the act, because then it would become phsyical
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    "Last night at the dance, my little brother paid a buck to see your underwear"
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722

sixteen_candles.jpg
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
  • KeiranKeiran Posts: 393
    We never had our own washer/dryer when I was growing up. And, we always lived in apartments. This was "back in the day" when the majority of apartments were not fitted with washer dryer hookups so you had no choice but to use the facilities provided by the apt. or you could go to the local laundromat.

My poor mother spent endless hours running back and forth to the "wash house" so that our laundry didn't get piled on the filthy table or even worse, stolen. I never really appreciated the effort and time she spent taking care of us in that way. When we finally moved into a place that had hook ups, I remember she almost cried. What a luxury to be able to do laundry on her own time as opposed to when machines were available.

Thank you for this thread. I miss my mom terribly and I took for-granted so many things she did for me. Rekindling this small and silly memory reminded me of how much she truly loved me.
    I wish a guy like Eddie, would like me.
  • Is it impossible to get your own washing machine??
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    I went to an apartment complex and they said we have a laundry service. you drop off your basket with your clothes and detergent and our laundry proffesional washes your clothes for you and you pick them up on your way home from work.

At first i was like this rocks. I hate doing laundry. Then i was like hmm i don't knwo about someone else doing my laundry
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    CJMST3K wrote:

sixteen_candles.jpg

LoL

:D
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
    Keiran wrote:
    We never had our own washer/dryer when I was growing up. And, we always lived in apartments. This was "back in the day" when the majority of apartments were not fitted with washer dryer hookups so you had no choice but to use the facilities provided by the apt. or you could go to the local laundromat.

My poor mother spent endless hours running back and forth to the "wash house" so that our laundry didn't get piled on the filthy table or even worse, stolen. I never really appreciated the effort and time she spent taking care of us in that way. When we finally moved into a place that had hook ups, I remember she almost cried. What a luxury to be able to do laundry on her own time as opposed to when machines were available.

Thank you for this thread. I miss my mom terribly and I took for-granted so many things she did for me. Rekindling this small and silly memory reminded me of how much she truly loved me.

haha glad I could remind you
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • smarchee wrote:
    well the thing was there was no dryer available because these fucks do 15 loads at the same time, so I go down when my washing is done, no dryer, I go back up to apt for 5-8 minutes come down and my washing is out

so i guess either I shouldn't leave and wait for other lazy ppl to clean their dryer, become what I hate and take people's clothes out of the laundry, or go to a laundry-mat outside of this building

I don't want to come down and catch them in the act, because then it would become phsyical

So, your laundry was done washing...but you left it in the machine? We'd be in a laundry room brawl for sure ;)

In that case I take mine out and sit and wait, or check how much time is left on the dryers and if its to long I take my wet stuff back with me and bring it back closer to the time... they joys of apartment laundry rooms :)
    smarchee wrote:

So, your laundry was done washing...but you left it in the machine? We'd be in a laundry room brawl for sure ;)

In that case I take mine out and sit and wait, or check how much time is left on the dryers and if its to long I take my wet stuff back with me and bring it back closer to the time... they joys of apartment laundry rooms :)

yes it was done and I left it, because there was no dryers available, these ppl had taken them all up and one or 2 was done, I cant remember if there was empty washers when I went down but I know when I went the 2nd time there was at least 2 washers empty and my clothes were on the table, and since there is 4 in a row back-to-back they just wanted to use the whole row so hence taking my clothes out while there were 2 other washers available, so yeah, that pissed me off

and I had an incident with the same people last spring that involved swearing and yelling, they keep threatening to call someone when I am bitching at them, they are 40-50 year old Eastern European people, they can fuck off
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
    props to a Hamiltonian on the board

I have the day-off (hence the laundry) was thinking of checking out AbsoluteMusic on Upper James, u ever been there?
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • smarchee wrote:

I have the day-off (hence the laundry) was thinking of checking out AbsoluteMusic on Upper James, u ever been there?

Yeah, good old Hamilton, I work in Burlington....

Day off for me to, but I'm relaxing and avoiding the laundry room at all costs.... I know where AbsoluteMusic is, don't live to far from it actually, I have never been there though.
    smarchee wrote:

Day off for me to, but I'm relaxing and avoiding the laundry room at all costs.... I know where AbsoluteMusic is, don't live to far from it actually, I have never been there though.

cool, I work and live in Burlington, going to see a PJ cover band at Boston Manor in Burlington tonight

probably going to go tomorrow to Absolute
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • smarchee wrote:
    smarchee wrote:

cool, I work and live in Burlington, going to see a PJ cover band at Boston Manor in Burlington tonight

probably going to go tomorrow to Absolute

Ahh, sounds fun. Which band is it? I wasn't aware that there was many in this area.
    http://www.pjtribute.com

if your bored come on out, be wearing my PJ hoodie and playing pool with a friend from work

1/2 full just came on my itunes
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • smarchee wrote:

if your bored come on out, be wearing my PJ hoodie and playing pool with a friend from work

I've heard of them, cant go tonight (have to work tomorrow) but will definatley catch them another time. They sound pretty good
  • decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,977
    just reading this thread title gives me the heebie jeebies.
    yikes!
    no one has ever touched my laundry, b/c i always, always, always made sure i made my way down back to the laundry room before the cycle was over. just to avoid such a scenario. however, at this point in time, it's probably close to 20 years since i've not lived with a washer/dryer.....a necessary luxury to me. :D

smarchee wrote:
    they are 40-50 year old Eastern European people, they can fuck off

if they were 37 year old eastern european people, would they not have to fuck off?
    or if they were 40-50 year old italians, would they be off the hook?
    :?:
    just curious why their age/nationality comes into play in this scenario.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

smarchee wrote:

I've heard of them, cant go tonight (have to work tomorrow) but will definatley catch them another time. They sound pretty good

yeah, this will be the first time I will be checking them out
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
    yikes!
    no one has ever touched my laundry, b/c i always, always, always made sure i made my way down back to the laundry room before the cycle was over. just to avoid such a scenario. however, at this point in time, it's probably close to 20 years since i've not lived with a washer/dryer.....a necessary luxury to me. :D

smarchee wrote:

if they were 37 year old eastern european people, would they not have to fuck off?

it doesn't, just trying to pain a picture of who I was dealing with, whatever they are, in my opinion, they can fuck off
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,977
    smarchee wrote:
    yikes!

smarchee wrote:

it doesn't, just trying to pain a picture of who I was dealing with, whatever they are, in my opinion, they can fuck off

well ok.
    good then.
    :mrgreen:
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• smarchee wrote:
    smarchee wrote:

yeah, this will be the first time I will be checking them out

Have fun and let me know how they sound...
  • smarchee wrote:
    in an apartment laundry room

isn't this one of the most annoying things, wait your damn turn for a laundry machine, especially when there is no dryer available

the rage, the rage

2nd time too, these fucks took my laundry out and put it on some dirty (probably) table, now I think I might have to wash it again

I seriously thought I might get an assault charge if I let loose on them but I held back after much swearing and yelling

fuck

I would take your laundry out too. You need to be there on time to take your stuff out of the washer. If there are no dryers available, put your stuff in a laundry basket. And believe me, noone wants to touch your laundry.