Options

Pearl Jam shirts for a fiver at Play.com

muppetmuppet Posts: 980
edited March 2008 in The Porch

Comments

• Options
    ||Release_Me||||Release_Me|| Posts: 1,871
    Yeah i saw this yesterday, bought myself the red surfboard shirt!
    "This town deserves a better class of criminal... and I'm gonna give it to them."

• Options
    nbakyfannbakyfan Posts: 231
    Well, this is annoying. You have to have a CC from a European Country...No "United States" under country in the address line. :(
    06/24/06: Cincy
    06/18/08: Columbia
    08/23/09 & 08/24/2009: Chicago
    05/06/2010: Columus
    05/07/2010: Indy
    05/20/2010 & 05/21/2010: NYC
  • Options
    cropdustresscropdustress Posts: 4,339
    Those are nice. Almost like the original ones, only the surfboard is bigger on these, like the US version, with Chicago on the back.
    I prefer the real Euro ones, but its still the best PJ shirt imo.
    Cheap and worth picking one up :)
    "I surfaced and all of my being was enlightened"
  • Options
    Lone WolfLone Wolf Posts: 1,023
    Thanks for the link.
    Too bad these shirts are only delivered to UK addresses tho.... :(
    Dream the dreams of other men,...You´ll be no ones rival,...
    Dream the dreams of others then,... You will be no ones rival,...
  • Options
    Thierry HenryThierry Henry Posts: 2,654
    Lone Wolf wrote:
    Thanks for the link.
    Too bad these shirts are only delivered to UK addresses tho.... :(

They ship to Ireland no problem.
    Dublin '96, '00, '06, '10
    Lisbon '06 (x2)
    Katowice '07
    London '07 '09 (x2), '10
    MSG NY '08 (x2)
    Manchester '09 '12
    Belfast '10
    PJ20 Alpine '11 (x2)
    Leeds '14
  • Options
    They ship to Ireland no problem.

Thats odd.......after creating an account I went through the check out process and right at the end it stated "sorry - this item is delivered to UK addresses only"....

Thanks for the heads up though!
    I´ll try again later....
  • Options
    Lone Wolf wrote:
    Thats odd.......after creating an account I went through the check out process and right at the end it stated "sorry - this item is delivered to UK addresses only"....

I´ll try again later....

It is odd but they do both Sterling and euro currencies so you'd think
    that they'd ship to Europe (at least).

I use them all the time. Free delivery.

Bought the white t-shirt last week.
    Lisbon '06 (x2)
    Katowice '07
    London '07 '09 (x2), '10
    MSG NY '08 (x2)
    Manchester '09 '12
    Belfast '10
    PJ20 Alpine '11 (x2)
    Leeds '14
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    Lone Wolf wrote:

I´ll try again later....
    You have to select Euros before you can get it sent to a non-UK address (you can do it, I've just tried with my mum's address in France).
  • Options
    It is odd but they do both Sterling and euro currencies so you'd think
    that they'd ship to Europe (at least).

I use them all the time. Free delivery.

Bought the white t-shirt last week.

Damn....do they automatically charge in Pounds Sterling?
    I didn´t change to Euro....:o maybe that´s the problem!

Thanks!
  • Options
    Pegasus wrote:
    You have to select Euros before you can get it sent to a non-UK address (you can do it, I've just tried with my mum's address in France).

I was late reading your reply.....it worked fine....thank you!
  • Options
    Horse2345Horse2345 Posts: 3,231

where did you get the red one? I can only see black listed. Thanks
    UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    Horse2345 wrote:
    where did you get the red one? I can only see black listed. Thanks
    the shirt is black but the surfboard is red, unlike the one from 06, which they sold a few months back, where the surfboard was blue..
  • Options
    Horse2345Horse2345 Posts: 3,231
    Pegasus wrote:
    the shirt is black but the surfboard is red, unlike the one from 06, which they sold a few months back, where the surfboard was blue..
    Ah thanks, i thought there was a red one from the Vic or something like that.
    UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
  • Options
    JamilyManJamilyMan Posts: 240
    Anyone in the UK interested in helping an American out with this? Please PM me, and we can figure something out - maybe make it into a DVD trade as well... or whatever work for you.

Please PM me and we can work out the details.

Thanks
    For those who scoff at "Jamily" in my name... 9 years ago, when my first daughter was born there were jokes about whether my priority would be my family or PJ. I smiled and quipped "I am a JamilyMan." What was a family joke became a hated term among jammers. Didn't see that one coming!
  • Options
    JamilyMan wrote:
    Anyone in the UK interested in helping an American out with this? Please PM me, and we can figure something out - maybe make it into a DVD trade as well... or whatever work for you.

Please PM me and we can work out the details.

Thanks

PM sent
  • Options
    ||Release_Me||||Release_Me|| Posts: 1,871
    Is there anyone else in the US who needs some help with this? We can work something out.
    "This town deserves a better class of criminal... and I'm gonna give it to them."

• Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,852
    Thanks once again Pegasus! :)
  • Options
    tdubtdub Posts: 226
    Did anyone see that these arent available until July 2008? Are these tour shirts? the red one looks like a European tour shirt.
  • Options
    ontheroadontheroad Posts: 249
    Are these 2008 Tour shirts? (a prelude to a tour?) or are these from last year?
    "I remember when you sang that song about today, now it's tomorrow and everything has changed." - Bu$hleaguer
  • Options
    tdub wrote:
    Did anyone see that these arent available until July 2008? Are these tour shirts? the red one looks like a European tour shirt.

No, no, no...... It's released on the 7th March.
    07/03/2008 is march!!

These shirts are the same as what were available at the 2007 gigs.

The black surfborad shirt is small enough.
    Lisbon '06 (x2)
    Katowice '07
    London '07 '09 (x2), '10
    MSG NY '08 (x2)
    Manchester '09 '12
    Belfast '10
    PJ20 Alpine '11 (x2)
    Leeds '14
  • Options
    I am in the UK and getting a couple for myself, if anyone outside the UK wants any then drop me a PM
    OH: You need to stop buying Pearl Jam stuff, we have no room
    Me: How about we just get a bigger house?

http://db.etree.org/DirtyStuart
    http://randomismsofa.blogspot.com
  • Options
    fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,736
    http://stuffwhitepeoplelike.wordpress.com/2008/03/07/84-t-shirts/

Stuff White People LIke

#84 T-Shirts

March 7, 2008 by clander

Many people and cultures view t-shirts as a simple piece of apparel that can be acquired cheaply and worn in casual situations. For white people, it’s never that easy. The t-shirt is one of the most complex and expressive items in their entire wardrobe.

Your choice of casualwear says a lot about you, and there are stringent rules and hierarchies associated with T-shirts that you must know before venturing into any white-dominated social situations.

T-shirts fall into three categories: vintage, new, and unacceptable, with the latter category compromising the bulk of the world’s supply. Within each category lies another, more precise subset of rules and rankings. Make no mistake, this is complicated.

The most prized t-shirt category is vintage. As shown earlier, white people need authenticity like they need oxygen and to have an original vintage t-shirt from the 1970s or 1980s is a very powerful social status symbol. The ideal shirt will have a funny logo, a year attached to it, and will be as thin as rice paper. In the event that two white people have shirts that meet this criteria, the superior ranking is given to the person who paid the least for the shirt. Acquiring a shirt at a vintage clothing store is seen as less respectable than sorting through racks at the Goodwill.

The second category of t-shirt is new and there really are only two options. The first is American Apparel, a company that constantly reminds you it is based in downtown Los Angeles. They are considered an acceptable white company since they produce things that are very simple, but also very expensive. The second acceptable new shirt is Threadless. This Chicago-based company produces artistic and funny t-shirts that are acceptable for concerts, Whole Foods and 80s night. White people like these shirts so much because they are designed by white people, for white people. Sort of like a white FUBU.

Finally, and perhaps the most important to be aware of, is the unacceptable category of t-shirts. There are a few simple rules to follow in order to avoid wearing the wrong t-shirt. First, if it’s made of a stiff, thick cotton, throw it in the garbage immediately. White people t-shirts must be made of the softest, finest organic cotton. This is law. Unless it is vintage, the shirt cannot be made in a foreign country (unless you can certify its labor conditions). The shirt cannot contain a current sports logo. Shirts with sports logos are acceptable, but they must contain a logo that hasn’t been used in 15 years. Last and not least, it cannot be baggy. Your t-shirt must be tight-fitting for both style and mating purposes.

It is also imperative to understand that faux vintage shirts (”Getting Lucky in Kentucky”) are completely unacceptable. They are beloved by the wrong kind of white people, and must be avoided at all costs.

This information is best applied when you are planning on attending a social gathering. Your t-shirt says a lot about you, and if it’s the right kind of shirt it will set white people at ease. Also, asking a white person “where did you get that shirt?” will allow them to tell you a detailed story about how they acquired it. This will enable them to assert why their shirt has a higher ranking than yours and they won’t view you as a threat.

Never underestimate the importance of t-shirts to white culture. It is an essential tool in determining the social rank, desirability, and value of a white person.
    Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?