Explain to me your poster addiction

2»

Comments

• EdVedder_1 wrote:
    all framed all up in my apartment...... count is at 32 with two more on the way.
    You almost have more framed posters than posts!

Sorry I'm quiet. I read alot on here though.
  • EdVedder_1 wrote:
    all framed all up in my apartment...... count is at 32 with two more on the way.
    You almost have more framed posters than posts!

You must have a HUGE apartment! Or you framed all Mini's... :D

not mini's they have taken the place over, I don't collect for money...... Started off with the 14 shows I've been but I just hang them as art. They make me happy.
  • CranMalReignCranMalReign Posts: 1,928
    Dark Star wrote:
    The most popular answer to this question has not been stated yet, understandably. They collect posters to make a profit. The same reason somebody collects rare books, cards, comics, coins etc. Have any of you seen how much these things go for on ebay? There is definately a market for them, and money is being made. Sure, some people might hang a poster in their house (to later sell), and not everyone re-sells their shit, many will be taken to the grave with them so to speak, but the majority of serious collectors do eventually sell their posters for profit.

I don't own a single poster, but I do have some cd's etc I will later sell. ;) On another note, how fans get wrapped into this band because of their personal collections, rather than the music, is another topic for another day.

I was kinda wondering this, but I'm not sure i totally agree with you. I'm sure there are some people that are in it for the money, but dont you all just love the band firstly?
    For instance, I collected baseball cards thinking they would all be worth more money one day, but I never sold a single one, and I dont plan on it. I feel my collection became too personal to sell, so I hope I can pass them along to some kids one day.

I can only speak for myself, but I appreciate the art and the band more than anything. I don't really plan on ever selling anything I have b/c the only reason I have it is b/c I love it or b/c it's personal... but if I were to sell anything, I wouldn't go after every last penny like a lot of people do... the art deserves to be shared, not whored.
    • 98 Pgh
    • 00 Pgh
    • 03 Pgh|Philly|PSU|Camden 1+2|Hershey
    • 04 Boston 1|Reading
    • 05 Philly
    • 06 Camden 1+2|Pgh
    • 08 Camden 1+2|Hartford|Mansfield 2
    • 09 Philly 1 [EV]|Toronto|Spectrum 1-4
    • 10 Cleveland|Buffalo
    • 11 Philly [EV]|PJ20
    • 12 Philly
    • 13 London|Pgh|Buff|Philly 1+2|Balt
    • 14 Cincy|StL
    • 16 Philly 1+2|Philly 2 [TotD]
    • 18 Boston 1+2
  • Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585
    Well when i compare myself to other friends I dont feel that obsessed though to many I definitely am.. LOL

I only collect the posters for the shows I've been to, well there is a few exceptions, like the Dusseldorf and Salt Lake City (and still looking for a Kenyon Hall), but other than that its just the posters for the shows i've been to even when I dont necessarily like all of them, I guess it's more like a memento to me :)
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • it

cannot

be

put

into

words

:oops: :oops: :oops:
    "No way to save someone who won't take the rope,and just lets go..."