bootleg Box...any more news anyone?

pdalowskypdalowsky Posts: 15,056
edited February 2010 in The Porch
anyone heard an update from Kufala?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Posts: 9,895
    I think we have to wait until the philly shows are out

unless they put the box out with room for 4 shows to be added at a later date
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • we have to wait more than we thought 8-)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Posts: 15,056
    we have to wait more than we thought 8-)

no problem waiting for me....im still holding off on the boots incase this lands as a complete set, but id rather get this part of things tidied up before the next batch of dates otherwise Im in danger of getting behind!!!
  • ruggs1996ruggs1996 Posts: 586
    I called 10c a few days ago. They told me the philly boots were "up in the air" right now. I called them a couple weeks before that and then they said they had to be finalized.
    Camden 2 (2008) 
    Philly 1 and 4 (2009)
    Newark (2010)
    MSG 1 (2010)
    Toronto 1 and 2 (2011)
    Brooklyn 1 and 2 (2013)
    Philly 2 (2013)
    Greenville (2016)
    Columbia (2016)
    MSG 2 (2016)
    Fenway 2 (2016)
    EV NJPAC (2022)
    MSG (2022)
    Denver (2022)
    ruggs1996 wrote:
    I called 10c a few days ago. They told me the philly boots were "up in the air" right now. I called them a couple weeks before that and then they said they had to be finalized.

hmmmmm seems to me like they want to make them special
  • PontikasPontikas Posts: 210
    I really hope for something $pecial
  • ChrisileinChrisilein Posts: 3,889
    Pontikas wrote:
    I really hope for something $pecial

...something extremely special! :o
    up here in my tree in Vienna
    2006: Vienna 2009: Berlin 2010: London ~ Berlin 2012: Amsterdam 1+2 ~ Werchter ~ Arras ~ Berlin 1+2
    2014: Milano ~ Trieste ~ Vienna ~ Berlin 2018: Padova ~ Rome 2022: Budapest ~ Vienna
    EV London/Hammersmith 2012
    EV Berlin/Zitadelle 2017
  • Wouldn't up in the air indicate that there is some uncertainty in even releasing them?
    Wouldn't up in the air indicate that there is some uncertainty in even releasing them?

yeah its fair to say that, but there is no reason why they wouldnt...

i think the up in the air relates to how they release them and how they present it, or when its likely as they have pulled a similar deal to what they did in europe which time limited when they could be sold.

of course im putting a positive spin on it, but really its the only thing that makes sense
  • i_lov_iti_lov_it Posts: 4,007
    A 'Bootleg' Box would be AWESOME! :)
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,533
    pdalowsky wrote:
    Wouldn't up in the air indicate that there is some uncertainty in even releasing them?

yeah its fair to say that, but there is no reason why they wouldnt...

i think the up in the air relates to how they release them and how they present it, or when its likely as they have pulled a similar deal to what they did in europe which time limited when they could be sold.

of course im putting a positive spin on it, but really its the only thing that makes sense

I'm having doubt's on a 2009 special custom box set to for the official bootleg CD's. It would have to be pretty long bulky fit for all 32 '09 official bootlegs (including the four Philly show's). For the one's who purchased all the CD's each day from 10club, they would again (like myself) will have to purchase separately an extra box. There was no problem making an '08 box, with only 13 show's. Seeing that the '00's & '03's didn't have one which had more then half the show's '09 had.

I can see though a special custom box set package coming out for all four night's in Philly '09, like the official Gorge CD box set release. And if they did make a custom box set for Philly, what will this '09 box set for the other 28 bootlegs be like? Will it be the complete '09 including Philly? Or just all the other bootlegs, without Philly?
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Posts: 9,895
    demetrios wrote:

I'm having doubt's on a 2009 special custom box set to for the official bootleg CD's. It would have to be pretty long bulky fit for all 32 '09 official bootlegs (including the four Philly show's). For the one's who purchased all the CD's each day from 10club, they would again (like myself) will have to purchase separately an extra box. There was no problem making an '08 box, with only 13 show's. Seeing that the '00's & '03's didn't have one which had more then half the show's '09 had.

I can see though a special custom box set package coming out for all four night's in Philly '09, like the official Gorge CD box set release. And if they did make a custom box set for Philly, what will this '09 box set for the other 28 bootlegs be like? Will it be the complete '09 including Philly? Or just all the other bootlegs, without Philly?

This is probably part of the reason why they have not put them out yet- the packaging ;)
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
    demetrios wrote:

This is probably part of the reason why they have not put them out yet- the packaging ;)

Exactly! :)
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    this is becomeing stupid. either release them or annouce that they won't be produced. we are at what, 13 weeks now.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Called again......... Now it's "the guys are taking time to see what direction they want to go in to do them."
    Camden 2 (2008) 
    Philly 1 and 4 (2009)
    Newark (2010)
    MSG 1 (2010)
    Toronto 1 and 2 (2011)
    Brooklyn 1 and 2 (2013)
    Philly 2 (2013)
    Greenville (2016)
    Columbia (2016)
    MSG 2 (2016)
    Fenway 2 (2016)
    EV NJPAC (2022)
    MSG (2022)
    Denver (2022)
  • ruggs1996 wrote:
    Called again......... Now it's "the guys are taking time to see what direction they want to go in to do them."
    +1
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    does this translate to mean, lets get the last few sales on the individual boots in first and then go after the next wave of sales?

What can be so difficult about a box? i mean if its going to be like the 2008 box, it cant have taken a great deal of thought to put that out?

Of course there is some element of the philly saga in this but seriously....the next waves of dates will be with us in the next 3 months, and this hasnt been tied off yet./..

come on
  • pdalowsky wrote:
    does this translate to mean, lets get the last few sales on the individual boots in first and then go after the next wave of sales?

What can be so difficult about a box? i mean if its going to be like the 2008 box, it cant have taken a great deal of thought to put that out?

Of course there is some element of the philly saga in this but seriously....the next waves of dates will be with us in the next 3 months, and this hasnt been tied off yet./..

come on
    the problem isnt the production..is they think how they want to do it,,+ maybe they want something else to hjappen first,before the philly.. ;)
    pdalowsky wrote:

come on
    the problem isnt the production..is they think how they want to do it,,+ maybe they want something else to hjappen first,before the philly.. ;)

makes no sense D, the question being asked of them is a direct question from the information they released over 5 weeks ago - we are now working on the box set version......a question they seem to be wholly unable to answer.

If its philly related, would it be so hard to say, the bootleg will follow once we have determined Philly??

The balls been dropped a bit here, and this is a result of the information being given to early....something we always push for.....

I guess Im saying this is a good reminder to us that its often better to wait for the news, you know when its ready
    ruggs1996 wrote:
    +1

YES! Dimitris gave me a +1!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Camden 2 (2008) 
    Philly 1 and 4 (2009)
    Newark (2010)
    MSG 1 (2010)
    Toronto 1 and 2 (2011)
    Brooklyn 1 and 2 (2013)
    Philly 2 (2013)
    Greenville (2016)
    Columbia (2016)
    MSG 2 (2016)
    Fenway 2 (2016)
    EV NJPAC (2022)
    MSG (2022)
    Denver (2022)
    pdalowsky wrote:

Let's see. Would it be ok to release a custom Philly '09 Box Set like the Gorge? And if so, how will the '09 Official CD box set look like? Will there be a custom box set to include space for the Philly show's or not? That might be something they are looking on. Release a custom box that will only fit the 28 bootlegs (not including the Philly show's) or release a custom box that will include all 32 bootlegs (including the Philly show's)?

Plus, it's only a custom box. There shouldn't be much madness over it. If you want to purchase the '09 CD's, they have been available for a while now. There hasn't been a '00 & '03 custom box set released. Not much talk then over a custom box.
  • ruggs1996 wrote:
    ruggs1996 wrote:
    +1

YES! Dimitris gave me a +1!!!!!!!!!!!!
    +2
    demetrios wrote:
    pdalowsky wrote:

Let's see. Would it be ok to release a custom Philly '09 Box Set like the Gorge? And if so, how will the '09 Official CD box set look like? Will there be a custom box set to include space for the Philly show's or not? That might be something they are looking on. Release a custom box that will only fit the 28 bootlegs (not including the Philly show's) or release a custom box that will include all 32 bootlegs (including the Philly show's)?

Plus, it's only a custom box. There shouldn't be much madness over it. If you want to purchase the '09 CD's, they have been available for a while now. There hasn't been a '00 & '03 custom box set released. Not much talk then over a custom box.

I really dont see how any of those questions are difficult ones to work through.

The point isnt that the 2009 boots are available to buy, quite aware of that D, but rather it works better for the international folk to buy these sets all at once rather than pissing about paying individual shipping for each Cd or risking the customs gods....Plus Santos said months ago, to stay tuned for the boxset....not a box....a boxset.....and from experience there was a saving in waiting for thr 2008 'boxset'......I ddint make that saving, as I jumped in with the boots, this time I decided to wait on the promise the 'boxset' was coming, and the subsequent confirmation from Kufala that is was being worked on......

I continue to fail to see the difficulty. The key as always would be to communciate, rather than the release of these little tidbits every now and then
    pdalowsky wrote:
    demetrios wrote:
    pdalowsky wrote:

I really dont see how any of those questions are difficult ones to work through.

The point isnt that the 2009 boots are available to buy, quite aware of that D, but rather it works better for the international folk to buy these sets all at once rather than pissing about paying individual shipping for each Cd or risking the customs gods....Plus Santos said months ago, to stay tuned for the boxset....not a box....a boxset.....and from experience there was a saving in waiting for thr 2008 'boxset'......I ddint make that saving, as I jumped in with the boots, this time I decided to wait on the promise the 'boxset' was coming, and the subsequent confirmation from Kufala that is was being worked on......

I continue to fail to see the difficulty. The key as always would be to communciate, rather than the release of these little tidbits every now and then

It's business. Not everyone in business looks at the 'international folk' cost of saving shipping. When Pearl Jam released Backspacer exclusive though Target, did they know all their fan's outside of the USA could not shop @ Target's online store because they don't ship 'internationally'? What will happen if they don't release a box set for the '09's?
    [/quote]

It's business. Not everyone in business looks at the 'international folk' cost of saving shipping. When Pearl Jam released Backspacer exclusive though Target, did they know all their fan's outside of the USA could not shop @ Target's online store because they don't ship 'internationally'? What will happen if they don't release a box set for the '09's?[/quote]

Well yes they did know..Hence they signed a worldwide distribution deal outside the US at the same time, and made the American product available themselves with international shipping....

It was never the point that they should consider international shipping. That was a direct reply to your comment, that the boots are available to buy now....I was just telling you the reason why i havent bought them like that. Its blindingly obviosu the boots are available.

Also no one expects tenclub to put out a box.....no one at all....they dont have to....agreed....but why state that you will so early on? and then the supplier does likewise? Surely you understand that in view of this it makes perfect sense for international punters to wait to order? I dont understand the 'its business' reply at all...it doesnt even seem to fit the thread.

what will happen if they dont release a boxset? Well nothing much, i will expect to go and buy them as I guess you have....No problem, the point being as soon as we know for sure a judgement can then be made. An informed judgement
    pdalowsky wrote:
    Well yes they did know..Hence they signed a worldwide distribution deal outside the US at the same time, and made the American product available themselves with international shipping....

Shirts, posters, video games (disc, not the online download) & special 'exclusive' Backspacer goods @ Target were never sold outside 'internationally' to my country of Canada, that's for sure. To buy those items, you had to be inside a Target store in the USA to make the purchase. Other then that, buy them of eBay @ double or triple the price. As a collector, purchasing Backspacer goods has been a rollercoster ride. :(
    demetrios wrote:
    pdalowsky wrote:

Shirts, posters, video games (disc, not the online download) & special 'exclusive' Backspacer goods @ Target were never sold outside 'internationally' to my country of Canada, that's for sure. To buy those items, you had to be inside a Target store in the USA to make the purchase. Other then that, buy them of eBay @ double or triple the price. As a collector, purchasing Backspacer goods has been a rollercoster ride. :(

Thought you meant the CD....

I just got the BRY folk to go grab me the gear....some extraordinarily helpful folk there
  • camaroscamaros Posts: 1,003
    i want a philly box, 4- CDs, 1- Blu-Ray, 1- 7" bugs
    i like sound...
    camaros wrote:
    i want a philly box, 4- CDs, 1- Blu-Ray, 1- 7" bugs

Now that's one very spicy meat ball box set! :mrgreen:
  • wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    I emailed 10c about the availability of buying all the boots at once way back and they said "probably". I'm still waiting as I really didn't want to buy each one separately, such a pain. So, hopefully we'll get the whole package soon. :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."