Options

New album news?? Any news?

NoCode78NoCode78 Posts: 17
edited October 2008 in The Porch
Sorry if this has been posted before but I haven't heard anything in a few months and was wondering if we have a rough idea on when the album was nearing completion, and what date/month/year we are looking at??

Thanks
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    itsevobabyitsevobaby Posts: 1,809
    few more writing sessions booked for october
    looking to head into the studio early new year
    stone is busting some badass riffs
    Look Alive,
    See These Bones
  • Options
    I heard on my local radio station in the rumor news that Brendan O'Brien is producing it and hopes to have them in the studio within the next six months. The radio station is .power10Power 104 (www4.fm). I don't really give them much credit so I figure they must have stole this news, but I don't know from where.
    Vancouver 07/19/98 Vancouver 05/30/03
    Portland 11/02/00 Vancouver 09/02/05
    Boise 11/03/00 Gorge 1 07/22/06
    Seattle 1 11/05/00 Gorge 2 07/23/06
    Seattle 2 11/06/00 Vancouver 09/25/09
  • Options
    JoostoneJoostone Posts: 231
    Quotes, info & rumors:

Apr 05/2007 (Billboard): Mike McCready has revealed that after the last tour ended, band members have been demoing material on their own while staying in occasional contact via email and that he has tested out some ideas with guitarist Stone Gossard and drummer Matt Cameron in separate sessions as well. Talking about future Pearl Jam projects, McCready has said that Pearl Jam has "no set date" for returning to the studio and added: "When we get it all together, we'll decide to do a record. That may be a year from now or half-a-year from now".

Oct 2007: Insisting, unconfirmed and unofficial rumors report that Pearl Jam will be back in studio in spring 2008 to work on a new album.

Feb 03/2008: Jeff Ament appeared at a Seattle Sonics basketball game. Interviewed by announcer Kevin Calabro, Ament revealed that Pearl Jam are "gonna get together here in a couple of weeks and try and write some stuff" for the Seattle band's ninth studio album.

Feb 15/2008: Billboard has confirmed that before Vedder hits the road with his US solo tour in April, Pearl Jam is expected to regroup and start sketching out material for its next studio album.

Mar 11/2008: Rolling Stone reports that Ed Vedder has spent the winter surfing in Oahu, writing and hanging with his wife and three-year-old daughter. “It's a good place to be in a screwed-up world,” Vedder said. “The water is where I get most of my thinking done, and the writing just starts happening.”

Mar 21/2008: Billboard has confirmed that a couple weeks ago, band members got together for eight days to begin kicking around ideas for the next Pearl Jam album, although Ament cautions, "It doesn't mean there'll be a record our next month, but it's the start of the process. Sometimes it takes six months and sometimes it takes two years." He also added, "It's just fun to play. We've actually gotten really good at jamming with each other, so it's fun to get together and crank up the amps. We'll have (drummer) Matt (Cameron) throw a beat at us and try to come up with something. There's some new, different kind of things coming out of people." Stone Gossard also commented: "We're just getting into it, which is so exciting. We have no idea where it's going but we have a lot of great little starts."

Mar 27/2008: Rumours are spread Brendan O'Brien might be the producer of Pearl Jam's next album. According to The Living End's website: "The Living End will then be stepping in to mix the record with legendary producer Brendan O'Brien, who will be mixing the album in between his commitments recording the new AC/DC album and the new Pearl Jam record."

Apr 25/2008: Mike was on 107.7 The End radio to talk about the CCFA concert and mentioned that they were currently working on the new album. He didn't give up any more info except that they were working with their old producer (Brendan O'Brien - confirming it, actually).

Apr 30/2008: Mike McCready was on 104.9 FunkyMonkey and further confirmed Brendan O'Brien (right at the end of this interview - about 60 min in). He also said the band is working on '5 ideas' so far.

May 3/2008: "It may be a year from now before we put out a new record, maybe two years, but I don't think it'll be that long," McCready told Seattlepj. "We really want to take our time and make something that really stands out." The article adds that Pearl Jam will tour the East Coast this spring and summer but doesn't have any plans to launch a larger tour until a new album is finished. There also aren't any plans for a Seattle show in the foreseeable future.
    - Rolling Stone reports that Pearl Jam have begun work on early demos for their ninth studio album. Mike McCready said: “It's really in its infant stages right now.” The band isn’t sure yet about the direction of the new release: “Brendan (O'Brien, who will produce the new album, n.d.r.) is another set of ears that we respect, and he's going to give us a different way to go but I don't know what that is yet,” McCready said. The band has already had one session with O'Brien, and will probably resume work on the album in July after finishing their June U.S. tour.
    - Mike McCready told Seattle radio station KISW on May 1: "We are working on a new record right now, so we are in the process of writing a bunch of new songs, and we have our producer Brendan O'Brien - who worked on some of our earlier records - Vs. and Vitalogy. He is back with us right now so we are working on songs with him. We will try to do a record sometime this year, but that's about all we got." He added: "We've got about four or five tunes ready to go right now. They are just in the early phases. We won't give you a Chinese Democracy." (Mike ironically refers to the infinitly postponed Guns N'Roses album that Axl Rose has been working on for the past 14 years, n.d.r.).
    - Billboard reports that Jeff Ament told them in March: "Brendan works really fast. He's a super pro. I've always felt, working with him, that he understood me as a bass player and that's not always easy. A lot of producers are there to please the singer. But I've always had a great rapport with him. I can tell him I want something to sound like the O'Jays or Led Zeppelin or PJ Harvey and he gets it"."We've always been friends," O'Brien told Billboard last fall. "They were great to me when we were making records together [before], and we still remained very good friends ... I still think they're a great band. Eddie [Vedder] has one of the best, if not the best, voices out there. When he sings, people believe them."

May 17/2008: About the new material the band has been working on: "Some of it's kind of poppy and some of it's a little hard. We want it to grow up a little bit. We have to revisit it a few times." As for the possibility of previewing new and unrecorded material at their next shows, McCready said that's unlikely to happen on Pearl Jam's upcoming North American tour: "I don't know if we have it refined enough to want to play it in front of an audience yet. We don't want to hack in front of everybody."

August 2008: In an interview Jeff Ament gave on Staf Magazine before PJ's summer tour, he said that the band will be back in studio in autumn/winter.

September 3/2008: Ament, interviewed by Billboard , has also confirmed that, later this fall, Pearl Jam will reconvene to continue work on its eighth studio album. "Hopefully sometime this winter we will knock a record out and," he says. "We have five or six almost finished instrumental beds, and maybe 15 other things from which we could definitely get three or four songs out of". He also hinted that the band could play some shows in Southern USA next year.

October 4/2008: Ament: "We're gonna get together in October and have a handful of sessions. We have about five or six solid instrumental arrangements, and Stone Gossard has come up with some great riffs. I think it could turn into something pretty amazing." Whats the ETA? "Hopefully by the first of the year we'll have a record to make." (Rolling Stone U.S.A.)
    PJ: Pinkpop 2000, Sydney I/II/III 2003, Adelaide 2003, Arnhem 2006, Antwerp 2006, Berlin 2006, Dusseldorf 2007, Nijmegen 2007, Werchter 2007, Rotterdam 2009, Berlin 2009, Nijmegen 2010, Amsterdam I/II 2012, Amsterdam I/II 2014, Amsterdam I/II 2018, Pinkpop 2018, Werchter 2018, Pinkpop 2022, Budapest 2022, Krakow 2022, Amsterdam 2022.
    EV: Amsterdam II 2012, Amsterdam I/III 2017, Amsterdam I 2019
    Brad: Zoetermeer & Utrecht 2013
    Soundgarden: Pinkpop 2012, Amsterdam 2013, Utrecht 2014
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,723
    in a nut shell.....
  • Options
    yellowled24yellowled24 Posts: 3,118
    yeah :D:D

To cut a long story short, lmao!!
    "....and was very surprised to see that he didnt actually have a recipe for anus-ankle soup." - Big Ed