Who's received a ..........

mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 38,060
edited January 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
"timeout" and for what reason were you given one. Just curious. Please just state the facts and keep opinion on the DL. Wouldn't want it to happen again. Guess I'm trying to see a trend or commanalities.
_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    i got a 2 day ban for saying "i didnt know you suck dick SOS(south of seattle)". i even threw in the razz smiley to make it known i was kidding. my board warning level is currently at a 1.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    edited January 2010
    i received a 2 week time out for telling a story about someone using a racial slur back during the election.

after pleading my case to Sea, she removed the ban after 2 or 3 days. They were cool about it.
    Post edited by the wolf on
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • Jokertt14Jokertt14 Posts: 2,566
    happened to me for 24 hours for running my mouth lol .. its all good :lol::lol:
  • I have been given a timeout 15-20 times in the last 7 years....

Maybe more......
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    Nope....just warnings. Kat loves me! :mrgreen:
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • Nothingman54Nothingman54 Posts: 2,251
    i got ban for a few days. then i got really mad and sent the mods a pm, it said something like "fuck you". then they ban me for life. after a week of cooling off i sent them another pm and told them i was sorry.
    I'll be back
  • jecicajecica Posts: 954
    I got banned for a week after writing an excerpt from a book that mentioned a band member. Too personal, I get it now.
    Appreciation is a wonderful thing: It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well.... (Voltaire)
  • CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    I was banned for a year and a half after posting a link to google, and google had naked pictures of The Simpsons. It was permanent, but when they moved the forum to the new one, they reinstated me (probably since I was a paying member).

Before that I was banned for about a week or two for starting a thread titled "Boobies - The Thread". ...strangely, none of the content of the thread was an issue. Just the name of the thread.
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
    CJMST3K wrote:
    I was banned for a year and a half after posting a link to google, and google had naked pictures of The Simpsons. It was permanent, but when they moved the forum to the new one, they reinstated me (probably since I was a paying member).

Before that I was banned for about a week or two for starting a thread titled "Boobies - The Thread". ...strangely, none of the content of the thread was an issue. Just the name of the thread.
    i remember both of those :lol:

good times on that non paying board

• metsfan wrote:
    i got a 2 day ban for saying "i didnt know you suck dick SOS(south of seattle)". i even threw in the razz smiley to make it known i was kidding. my board warning level is currently at a 1.

What is a board warning level?

And yes, I'm familiar with timeouts. I know some people who know some people who have suffered from timeouts.
    metsfan wrote:

What is a board warning level?

And yes, I'm familiar with timeouts. I know some people who know some people who have suffered from timeouts.
    probably to let you know how much shit you cause on here and next time you can be banned. click on edit your profile and you will see it right in the middle.

• I was permanently banned for sharing illegal content on the old board but they let me back after they changed message pits and I wrote them a letter that basically said, "Dude, come on....."

And here on the new board, I served a couple of days suspension for referring to The Fixer with a derogatory term that may or may not offend homosexuals.

And how do you check your warning level?
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • blenderman69blenderman69 Posts: 2,104
    i once got a time out because....i made tommy eat a bug,i spilled soda on mommy's rug and somebody snitched on me.....oh you guys mean a time out on the boards...lol!
  • CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    metsfan wrote:
    click on edit your profile and you will see it right in the middle.

I don't see anything aside from "Your activity" in the middle after I click Edit Your Profile.

...maybe it's only on people's profile who have been troublesome? :?
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    edited January 2010
    can't say i've ever had a time out.
    i'll never be banned anyway, that's just how it is.
    Post edited by chadwick on
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • WhizbangWhizbang Posts: 1,314
    CJMST3K wrote:
    metsfan wrote:
    click on edit your profile and you will see it right in the middle.

I don't see anything aside from "Your activity" in the middle after I click Edit Your Profile.

...maybe it's only on people's profile who have been troublesome? :?

That was my take too....

have not been banned....no warnings either....though I did have a hand in getting a thread locked.
    believe it or not, we don't "need" anything. that is only the spoiled brat in us trying to fill some temporary solution to an emptyness that does not exist.

I have eaten so much gold I crapped excellence - drtyfrnk29

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all!
  • 12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    CJMST3K wrote:

You got banned for making a thread called boobies?

join forum.ebaumnation.com if you wanna do that lol

I never got timed out or banned but I got a message from kat telling me not to call someone a douche bag.
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
    Whizbang wrote:

have not been banned....no warnings either....though I did have a hand in getting a thread locked.

Yeah I'm guilty of this too....quite a few threads actually. :?
  • WhizbangWhizbang Posts: 1,314
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    Whizbang wrote:

but they were such fun threads. ;)
    believe it or not, we don't "need" anything. that is only the spoiled brat in us trying to fill some temporary solution to an emptyness that does not exist.

I have eaten so much gold I crapped excellence - drtyfrnk29

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all!
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,631
    i'd really be interested to know the band's take on some of the censorship exercised on this board.

some of the things people get warnings and bans for are utterly ridiculous. you can print that. :mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com
  • my warning level is (1). Not that I want to cause more shit, but what's the top number?
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
    Whizbang wrote:
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    Whizbang wrote:

And so informative! ;)
    my warning level is (1). Not that I want to cause more shit, but what's the top number?
    i got to 3 before i got my 2 day ban

Whizbang wrote:
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    Whizbang wrote:

And so informative! ;)
    you naughty cougars ;);)

• youngsteryoungster Posts: 6,576
    I got a warning for telling someone Fuck You because they said the song Deep and most of Ten sucked. Probably a troll but whatever.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    I got banned for the weekend when some one kept on baiting me in a thread.

They said derogatory things toward my mother, made fun of me for bring Australian, made fun of my country.

Anyway, I kept biting back, I don't tend lo back down, and I stand up, where I deem necessary, nor do I take too kindly to the abovementioned ribbing's.

I had a couple of nice people PM me saying to edit my postings, before I had the chance to do so, I was banned. I sent them Kat or Sea a message, and I didn't receive a reply. I still think I was unjustly done by. I think the other person in question was banned.
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    pjfan31 wrote:
    I got banned for the weekend when some one kept on baiting me in a thread.

They said derogatory things toward my mother, made fun of me for bring Australian, made fun of my country.

Anyway, I kept biting back, I don't tend lo back down, and I stand up, where I deem necessary, nor do I take too kindly to the abovementioned ribbing's.

I had a couple of nice people PM me saying to edit my postings, before I had the chance to do so, I was banned. I sent them Kat or Sea a message, and I didn't receive a reply. I still think I was unjustly done by. I think the other person in question was banned.

WHAT!!!! i want names!!! thats a bloody outrage it is. they didnt say they heard a dingo taking your baby did they????
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say

WHAT!!!! i want names!!! thats a bloody outrage it is. they didnt say they heard a dingo taking your baby did they????

I bet they called prawns shrimp. :x Them's fucking fighting words where I come from.....
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    ZiggyStar wrote:

I bet they called prawns shrimp. :x Them's fucking fighting words where I come from.....

shrimponscooter.jpg
  • chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
    norm wrote:
    shrimponscooter.jpg
    i love that pic so much.
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    norm wrote:
    shrimponscooter.jpg
    i love that pic so much.

me too :mrgreen: