My boyfriend bought me the Backspacer shoes for Christmas

gjemselgjemsel Posts: 77
edited February 2010 in The Porch
Well, not just the shoes, I got a nice SLR digital camera too. The shoes are hilarious. Kind of an inside joke. He ordered them back in November and they just came this last week.

So far, I have only worn them out in public once, but did get a few comments. Kind of a "they're so ugly they're cute" kind of thing. :lol:

I have to say I like the Easy Street Records hoodie he picked out much better.

I got him the three colored-vinyl Nirvana re-releases and he was blown away--I owe thanks to the "vinyl is back" thread people for pointing me in that direction. :mrgreen:

Anybody else get the shoes?????
. . . and in the aching night under satellites, I was not received. --CC
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Mr RockoMr Rocko Posts: 647
    Wow, no I didn't even know there were some shoes with the Backspacer theme. Are these the ones you have ?? pearl_jam_shoes-p167324283847110912f6m0x_400.jpg
    México 24/11/2011
  • Where can I get my wife some of these?!!!!!! Or maybe even me!!!!
    So now I'm drivin the bus- Kramer
    You're batman!- George
    Yeah...yeah...I AM batman!!- Kramer
  • gjemselgjemsel Posts: 77
    Mr Rocko wrote:
    Wow, no I didn't even know there were some shoes with the Backspacer theme. Are these the ones you have ?? pearl_jam_shoes-p167324283847110912f6m0x_400.jpg

That would be them. He got them off Zazzle.
  • I mean this in the nicest way possible.....those are some ugly shoes! I can just picture the look on my wifes face if I bought her those. :lol:
    There's alot to be said for Nowhere
  • did not know these existed. :)
    oh zazzle that explains it.
    did 10c do it? if not i'm surprised there was no copyrite infringement?
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• I bet men would buy them if they were on Dr. Martin boots. :silent: :shh: :wave: :clap: :lolno:
    In my lifetime, I have conquered the Multiverse by force of trUth.
  • Mr RockoMr Rocko Posts: 647
    I mean this in the nicest way possible.....those are some ugly shoes! I can just picture the look on my wifes face if I bought her those. :lol:

Actually I like them, they're not that bad. I would buy them if I had the money!
    México 24/11/2011
  • gjemselgjemsel Posts: 77
    Mr Rocko wrote:
    I mean this in the nicest way possible.....those are some ugly shoes! I can just picture the look on my wifes face if I bought her those. :lol:

Actually I like them, they're not that bad. I would buy them if I had the money!

Yeah, they are a bit on the ugly side. ;)
  • starmap3333starmap3333 Posts: 3,925
    Those are awesome. Period.
  • :lol::lol::lol:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • smithnicsmithnic Posts: 1,563
    I bet men would buy them if they were on Dr. Martin boots. :silent: :shh: :wave: :clap: :lolno:

you're goddamn right I (we) would!
    Go Get 'Em Tigers!
  • the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    I think they are awesome !! I would wear them if they made them for guys !!! without a doubt ! :lol:
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    edited January 2010

I would have thought the copyright belongs to the artist (ie Tom) and not PJ.
    Post edited by redrock on
  • i think pj gets the rights to them so that they can use the images on whatever theyd like after the album gets released, otherwise they would need to ask permission for the stickers and the posters?
    "The world is dangerous, feel safe here tonight..." EV 9/17/06

38+6 shows at the age of 27 and counting...but still no Undone

My podcast: Hotel Manager Talk- Dedicated to Hotel Employees, tell your friends. http://www.HotelManagerTalk.com
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    It all depends on the agreement. A friend of mine who is an artist and who has her hands in all kinds of different 'things' to do with art, whether it's digital art, graphic/web design, logos, product design, photography keeps the rights to all she creates. There is a contract with the client which agrees to what extend her art/creation can be used. Anything above and beyond what the contract specifies, the client does need to seek permission. It's quite standard, really. Most artists do keep the rights to their work.
  • i'm just saying because............

once i made a graphic myself and put the words 'pearl jam' on a shirt. and zazzle wouldn't let me do it.

let's just say if it were me, i would not be posting those shoes on here, THE pearl jam board.

and after zazzle's 'no' i thought twice when i designed stuff.

• PRL1JAMPRL1JAM Posts: 787
    did not know these existed. :)
    oh zazzle that explains it.

I was wondering about that as well, because I have tried to create some items from zazzle and they canceled/refused to place the order. (I tried to make my own custom PJ items - coffee mug, etc)
  • i'm thinking because pearl jam was not written...it was just a print that's why it went thru.

she's still risking 10c finding out about it by posting a pic here. not smart if you ask me.....

• PRL1JAMPRL1JAM Posts: 787
    i'm thinking because pearl jam was not written...it was just a print that's why it went thru.

she's still risking 10c finding out about it by posting a pic here. not smart if you ask me.....

I tried to make a stickman coffee mug and it got declined. No writing on it, just a plain white mug with the stickman in black. Someone there obviously knew what the stickman stood for because they didn't process the order ;)
  • i see......
    yeah the stickman has been around for a while. not so much for the backspacer art.

• GmoneyGmoney Posts: 1,618
    i would rock those hard!!
    Further back and forth a wave will break on me, today...
  • Beck..Beck.. Posts: 535
    :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,526
    Tempted to pick up one of those. Just for indoor & gym use only. :P
    I've seen these weeks ago:

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?li ... =&includes[]=tags&includes[]=title

I used to pay that much year's back for Jordan's & Reebok Pumps sneakers. Couldn't wear these painted Con's outside with a little rain or snow. Paint job would fade away. Those con's are what retail? $40 bucks.
  • satansbedsatansbed Posts: 2,139
    demetrios wrote:
    Tempted to pick up one of those. Just for indoor & gym use only. :P
    I've seen these weeks ago:

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?li ... =&includes[]=tags&includes[]=title

I used to pay that much year's back for Jordan's & Reebok Pumps sneakers. Couldn't wear these painted Con's outside with a little rain or snow. Paint job would fade away. Those con's are what retail? $40 bucks.
    jesus for that price they better be drawn by ed himself, or maybe brad klausen, not some sweat shop worker
  • EP1973EP1973 Posts: 112
    I've always had a PJ sticker of one kind or the other on my vehicles. Last summer I searched for a Stickman sticker to put on the plexi glass on a band pass box I use for my car audio system. I couldn't find one suitable (I needed one 9 inches high by 5 inches wide)...so I went to a downtown shop which makes vinyl signs. The guy there at first didn't want to cut the sticker but eventually he relented because he searched through his outlets and couldn't find one either. So, he cuts the sticker from a reflective blue vinyl and I put it on my speaker box. Fast forward to a couple weeks ago I traded my old Jeep Cherokee for a newer Grand Cherokee Limited. In the process I lost the PJ sticker I bought at the VA Beach Show in 08 cuz it had ridden on my back glass since the day after the show. So, after unsuccessfully searching again for a Stickman sticker suitable to fit so my wiper wouldn't peel it off, I went to the same guy and had him cut a reflective gold one to match the trim on my new vehicle. He did and it looks great. The way I see it, I know it's a trademark but if you can't find an official sticker of an image, I see nothing wrong with having one made for yourself. Now, if a person was producing them in mass quantities for profit I would be opposed to it...and view it as wrong. But really, I practically just paid the guy the price of the vinyl and a small fee to use his die cut...it wasn't much...the sticker cost me less than $3. But, it's for my own personal use, I looked for one to purchase before I commissioned it to be made and couldn't one. So, I see nothing wrong with it. After all, it free advertisement for the band in a place where most folks think a rockin' good time consists of Kid Rock, Toby Keith, and Sweet Home Alabama...lol.
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Posts: 15,056
    seriously, is anyone really saying they like this without pissing themselves?
  • i share the same opinion as EP1973.
    i mean i'm not earning money off of it WTF?
    but i also know copyrites are a bitch too.
    they're no fun.
    The way I see it, I know it's a trademark but if you can't find an official sticker of an image, I see nothing wrong with having one made for yourself. Now, if a person was producing them in mass quantities for profit I would be opposed to it...and view it as wrong.

exactlly.

• t0mMyet0mMye Posts: 821
    I believe PJ owns the artwork on their current album. Tom Tomnorrow is not allowed to sell...say a poster of the current album artwork.

This is what T.T. told me in an email.
    Ten Club # 433608, when I am 80 I will be in the front row!