Wolfmother supporting at Hyde Park!

mcready2jammcready2jam Posts: 61
edited January 2010 in The Porch
~ Chin of stone, heart of clay! ~
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• unbelievable!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • ChrisileinChrisilein Posts: 3,889
    Oh yes!!!! Thats fantastic news!!!! :D
    up here in my tree in Vienna
    2006: Vienna 2009: Berlin 2010: London ~ Berlin 2012: Amsterdam 1+2 ~ Werchter ~ Arras ~ Berlin 1+2
    2014: Milano ~ Trieste ~ Vienna ~ Berlin 2018: Padova ~ Rome 2022: Budapest ~ Vienna
    EV London/Hammersmith 2012
    EV Berlin/Zitadelle 2017
  • This is bad news for me i saw them live once and they sucked big time!

i hope a good band will be announced for Hyde park!
    Let them wash away
    All those yesterdays
    All those yesterdays
    All those paper plates
  • mrk2mrk2 Posts: 2,067
    225xxx - 6/28/00, 10/20/01, 10/22/01, 9/11/06, 9/22/06, 9/23/06, 6/18/07, 6/26/07, 8/15/09, 6/25/10, 6/30/10, 7/4/12, 7/5/12, 7/7/12, 7/10/12, 6/26/14, 6/28/14, 7/3/18, 7/5/18
  • mrk2 wrote:

Yeah sorry but Wolfmother suck!!! :lol:
    Let them wash away
    All those yesterdays
    All those yesterdays
    All those paper plates
  • mrk2 wrote:

:lol::lol::lol: but they are better than Gomez!!!!!!!!!!!
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • definately better than Gomez!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtZV_E2CzCw
    ~ Chin of stone, heart of clay! ~
  • veddertownveddertown Posts: 5,260
    Not complaining about Wolfmother, great riffs etc.. But as main support? That washes away my dreams of Soundgarden, AIC, TCV, Sonic Youth :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:
    Like a book among the many on a shelf...

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
    Manchester MEN - 20/06/12. Manchester MEN - 21/06/12
  • BALLBOYBALLBOY Posts: 1,029
    Maybe Jimmy Page could come on stage with them & complete their ascension in to being Led Zeppelin!
    Eastern Creek 95,Syd 1 98,Bris 2 98, Syd 1&2 03, Reading Fest 06, Bris 1 06, London 09, Hyde Park 10, Gold Coast BDO 14 Budapest 22 Krakow 22 Amsterdam 22 St Paul 1&2 23 Chicago 1&2 23 Chicago 1&2 24 New York 1 24 Philly 1&2 24 Boston 1&2 24 Gold Coast 24 Melbourne 1 24 Sydney 1&2 24
  • Ok, Wolfmother might not be the world's most original band, but they're still totally awesome!
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • ilockyerilockyer Posts: 2,270
    This is bad news for me i saw them live once and they sucked big time!

Agreed, I saw them at Reading in 2006 and they were abysmal, only Bullet For My Valentine were worse. In Wolfmother's defence though, it is basically a new band now so they might be better.
    The secret to a happy ending is knowing when to roll the credits
  • ilockyer wrote:
    This is bad news for me i saw them live once and they sucked big time!

Agreed, I saw them at Reading in 2006 and they were abysmal, only Bullet For My Valentine were worse. In Wolfmother's defence though, it is basically a new band now so they might be better.

Yeah i was thinking the new line up might be better but i heard new stuff and i thought it was even worse t o
    be honest haha. :lol:
    Let them wash away
    All those yesterdays
    All those yesterdays
    All those paper plates
  • Haha, horrible band.
  • CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    I'm surprised. This seems to be one of the more conventional openers they've chosen.
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
  • EastiesEasties Posts: 479
    mrk2 wrote:

:lol::lol::lol: but they are better than Gomez!!!!!!!!!!!

Not even close to Gomez!!!!!!!!! :D:D Gomez are fucking awesome! Maybe because I grew up with their music? I don't know? Anyway, I would go and see them everynight over the chance of seeing Wolfmother. We'll have to agree to disagree Dimitris :)
  • Easties wrote:

Not even close to Gomez!!!!!!!!! :D:D Gomez are fucking awesome! Maybe because I grew up with their music? I don't know? Anyway, I would go and see them everynight over the chance of seeing Wolfmother. We'll have to agree to disagree Dimitris :)
    i have 3 videos of people sleeping during Gomez played when they open for pearl jam last summer..
    ...oh almost forgot..1st row people
  • CJMST3K wrote:
    I'm surprised. This seems to be one of the more conventional openers they've chosen.

I gather Mr Ament is a fan.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • mrk2 wrote:

I don't know a lot about Wolfmother, but I saw The Slew play in Montreal a while ago (drum and bass from Wolfmother with Kid Koala and another dj). It was fucking awesome. Really... it was outstanding!

I would love to see these guys open for Pearl Jam - especially if Kid Koala jammed with them for a while

Here's a taste
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmZ30Rd1GwM
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBX4mrrm ... re=related
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kVrbs2B ... re=related
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ABzMVEk ... re=related
    Easties wrote:

i have 3 videos of people sleeping during Gomez played when they open for pearl jam last summer..
    ...oh almost forgot..1st row people

Dimitris, you should know how exhausting it is to sleep overnight, be first in line and queue up all day. I'd fall asleep too ;)

Maybe they aren't the best opener for Pearl Jam? A Mercury Prize winning band (for their debut album!), you would struggle to find another musician that would have anything bad to say about them. They are excellent, excellent musicians, songwriters, singers who continue to write the music they want to play, not the music they think will sell the most records. Their first two albums, 'Bring it on' and 'Liquid Skin' are two defining records of the late 90's. And you know, look...I've been at Wolfmother gigs where people have been standing around questioning what the fuck they were listening too as well. I must admit, Wolfmother are more suited as openers. They probably would grab your attention a little more, especially if you have never listened to songs from either band before. Not everyone is going to like everything right? We are all into different styles of Music. Besides that, I've seen people asleep at Ben Harper :D:D

Maybe I just have a different connection to their music that other's don't? Similar to people that just don't get Pearl Jam (yes, those poor souls), some people will never get Gomez. They fucking rock.
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Posts: 15,056
    Gotta say dude I saw gomez 5 times last summer. Didnt enjoy it once and went hoping I'd like it. Thought they were incredibly average.
  • Easties wrote:

Dimitris, you should know how exhausting it is to sleep overnight, be first in line and queue up all day. I'd fall asleep too ;)

Maybe they aren't the best opener for Pearl Jam? A Mercury Prize winning band (for their debut album!), you would struggle to find another musician that would have anything bad to say about them. They are excellent, excellent musicians, songwriters, singers who continue to write the music they want to play, not the music they think will sell the most records. Their first two albums, 'Bring it on' and 'Liquid Skin' are two defining records of the late 90's. And you know, look...I've been at Wolfmother gigs where people have been standing around questioning what the fuck they were listening too as well. I must admit, Wolfmother are more suited as openers. They probably would grab your attention a little more, especially if you have never listened to songs from either band before. Not everyone is going to like everything right? We are all into different styles of Music. Besides that, I've seen people asleep at Ben Harper :D:D

Maybe I just have a different connection to their music that other's don't? Similar to people that just don't get Pearl Jam (yes, those poor souls), some people will never get Gomez. They fucking rock.
    ok,to tell u the truth i dont want any opener never,i dont care,i travel all the way from Greece for pj...in rotterdam i was chating with a friend from mexico and 2 brazilians,i was first row and i didnt look on stage..when gomez played,really if aic be the openers,yes ill be so happy..
    hyde park is a festival,i other band will play,again dont care,i m not gonna use early entrance..ioll hang out with friends till pj be on stage..
  • newy777newy777 Posts: 89
    Wolfmother all the way... Great live band and they rock hard. I don't like to put down any band because i try to respect everyone's music, but i must say in Berlin last year Gomez had me yawning. I have two of their albums but as a live band they fall short. I have seen both wolfmother and gomez once and for me there is no comparison. Each to their own i guess.
  • + i prefer pearl jam do this if they want a band open their gigs,,to get a group to play only from the town is the gig..dublin gig,dublin band,,an unknown band ,,they will say like 10-15 days all the bands intresting,send demos and pj choose..that would be experience,and not to see all the way one group,like gomez,,really man last year in o2 the last europe tour gig they only u listen around u when gomez played was,,like
    shit!!another one???what time is it???
    + i prefer pearl jam do this if they want a band open their gigs,,to get a group to play only from the town is the gig..dublin gig,dublin band,,an unknown band ,,they will say like 10-15 days all the bands intresting,send demos and pj choose..that would be experience,and not to see all the way one group,like gomez,,really man last year in o2 the last europe tour gig they only u listen around u when gomez played was,,like
    shit!!another one???what time is it???

I agree completely - it would be a nice idea.
  • Wolfmother is awesome. When I'm lifting or running... their music gets me going. Yes... lacks depth... but great riffs and tempo. Just sounds good when it's really loud.

Saw them in Vancouver a few months back and really really enjoyed the show. Drove 4 hours and spent the night in Vancouver to do it as well! Would do it again. If you get a chance to see them as a supporting act... well... go see them and consider yourself lucky! If you're really not into a heavier sound... well... put your headphones on and listen to Bob Dylan or Tori Amos.

Can't see knocking them. They are who they are- play simple rock that sounds good. You don't have to put them in the same class as some of the more celebrated 'deeper' bands in this forum... but it's ridiculous to suggest they're the shits! The music world needs bands like these.

But I would be so bold to suggest that Faith No More has no place to speak regarding quality of music. They're not exactly the Beatles. Jealousy? Bitterness? MmmHmm!
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Ok, Wolfmother might not be the world's most original band, but they're still totally awesome!

couldn't agree more! Did you get to see them @ Elec Fac in Nov?
    '98-Camden 8/29
    '03-Philly Spectrum 4/28, Camden 7/5, Hershey 7/12
    '06-Camden 5/28
    '08-Camden 6/20
    '09-Closing Down the Philly Spectrum! 10/28, 10/30, & the Epic 10/31
    '09-EV Solo Tower Theater, Upper Darby, PA6/12
    '10-MSG1& MSG2, New York City, 5-20 & 5/21