Matt Cameron leaving?

2»

Comments

• demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,535
    jets521 wrote:
    i have never been a fan of the whol Layne IS AIC. Cantrell is the mastermind of that band...writing all the music. he is just as important to AIC as Layne. Layne f'd up and checked out early.....so why should the rest of the band suffer.

WORD!! i feel where D is coming from but i agree with you on this one.

Where was his band member's to help Layne out? When he was struggling & suicidal? Great friends they were right? Cantrell can write all the music he wants. He is an amazing guitarist & song writer. I like his work & his solo stuff, I can't say that I don't. I've been listening to his work since '92. But the singles played on the radio, the image of 'Alice In Chains" will forever will be Layne Stanley.
  • jets521jets521 Posts: 804
    CJMST3K wrote:
    I'm not a huge AIC guy, but touring as AIC, or other bands touring under the full band name when the singer dies does sound a bit unkosher. I'd love it if bands decided do continue, and play their old songs, chose a twist their band name or music.

EG:

Grateful Dead = The Other Ones or The Dead

Alice In Chains = Alice's Chains or "AIC"

Pearl Jam (should it happen one day) = Jamming Pearl or something

It is odd seeing a band fronted by a completely different person than the original, but who is hired for their ability to sound like the original frontman. In the same way it's odd to see Journey touring as "Journey", even though their singer history was so unusual. They started with:

yeah but there are just as many examples of bands performing/touring under the same name despite the absence of the original singer of muscian.

Jerry Garcia Band
    AC/DC
    Pink Floyd
    Led Zepplin (one show, but as Led Zepplin)
    Sublime
    Wachovia Center, Philadelphia - 10/3/05
    Tweeter Center, Camden - 5/27/06
    Verizon Center, Wash. DC - 5/30/06
    Bonnaroo, Manchester, TN - 6/14/08
    Madison Square Garden, NYC - 6/19/08
    Spectrum, Philadelphia - 10/28/09
    Spectrum, Philadelphia - 10/30/09
    Spectrum, Philadelphia - 10/31/09
    Madison Square Garden, NYC - 5/21/10
    Wells Fargo Center, Philadelphia - 10/21/13
    1st Mariner Arena, Baltimore - 10/27/13
    Wells Fargo Center, Philadelphia - 4/28/16
    Enterprise Center, Saint Louis - 9/18/22
  • Alright I got your point for AIC, The Who etc.

BUT, if Matt leaves.....Pearl Jam won't change their name!
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,282
    You guys never stop...

Matt isn't going anywhere.

Everyone has their side-projects, this is no different.

First of all, I'm pretty sure Ed wouldn't let him and secondly, I'm pretty sure anyone could put up with Chris Cornell for only so long... ;):lol:
  • vedderfan10vedderfan10 Posts: 2,497
    no comment.
    be philanthropic
  • I'm sure Matt is not dumb enough to walk away from this gig.

BTW, to correct some factual errors in some replies, Journey actually released 3 records before that no-talent ass-clown Steve Perry was brought in in order to gain radio play. And to the post that the Band of Gypsies was Hendrix and a couple of nobodies, Buddy Miles was one of the sickest drummers EVER. Before Hendrix, he played with Wilson Pickett and Mike Bloomfield. After the death of Hendrix, Miles had a solo hit with "Them Changes", released an amazing live album with Carlos Santana, played with George Clinton, and was the voice of the California Raisins (I grew up in the 80's so I heard him singing "Heard it Thru the Grapevine" long before I had any idea who Hendrix was).
  • SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,594
    PNuttyJam wrote:
    He's leaving forever. 10c members get to fill in for him at the shows as long as your membership was current the day the SG reunion was announced. I already called dibs on In My Tree at Jazz Fest. Get in while you still can.

Please don't fuck it up.

It took Matt 10 years to learn that song. Sooooo, not sure how you're gonna be all ready in like two months :P
    I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam