T IN THE PARK FOR PEARL JAM

mawfordinksmawfordinks Posts: 65
edited February 2010 in The Porch
Pearl Jam will play T in the Park, Scotland. First week of July. As headliners. Tickets on sale- Feb 10
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Pearl Jam will play T in the Park, Scotland. First week of July. As headliners. Tickets on sale- Feb 10
    what date?first week of july....1th poland.3th france.4th belgium 6th?????
    9th spain 10th portugal..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • dottlesdottles Posts: 9,140
    Pearl Jam will play T in the Park, Scotland. First week of July. As headliners. Tickets on sale- Feb 10

The festival is the 8th - 11th July...it would link in with that interview Stone did but would that a hell of a busy few days, and I would guess would rule out a Locarno date.
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • dottles wrote:

The festival is the 8th - 11th July...it would link in with that interview Stone did but would that a hell of a busy few days, and I would guess would rule out a Locarno date.
    6th in italy,own gig,after in scotland at 8th and spain at 9th and 10th at lisbon...dont see that happen..this distances isnt london-manchester
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • I thought T in the Park and Oxegen shared headliners??? Pearl Jam will play T but not Oxegen then??
    2006 - Astoria, Dublin, Leeds
    2007 - London
    2009 - London, Manchester, London
    2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London
    2011 - Alpine Valley x2
    2012 - Isle of Wight, Manchester x2
  • SpinTheBlackCircle74SpinTheBlackCircle74 Posts: 1,394
    edited January 2010
    Cant see PJ play TITP. If they play Scotland I think they will do it before the Dublin Concert. When was the last time PJ played 3 concerts in 3 days?
    Post edited by SpinTheBlackCircle74 on
    Rock Werchter 4 july - 2010, Arras 3 july - 2010, Berlin Wuhlheide - June 30, 2010, Odyssey arena Belfast - 23 june 2010, O2 arena Dublin - june 22 2010, O2 arena London - Aug 18, 2009, Manchester Evening News Arena - Aug 17, 2009, Berlin Wuhlheide - Aug 15, 2009, Copenhagen 2007-06-26 Forum, London 2007-06-18 Wembley Arena, Prague 2006-09-22 Sazka Arena, Denmark 2000-06-30 Roskilde Festival, Stockholm on August 12th Mirrorball tour with Neil Young, Oslo 1993-06-27 Isle of Calf Festival(Kalvoya), Oslo Secret Club Concert 1993-06-26 Sentrum Scene
  • Cant see PJ play TITP. If they play Scotland I think they will do it before the Dublin Concert. When was the last time PJ played 3 concert in 3 days?
    +1
  • MineMine Posts: 556
    The Italy date is suspicious at this point.

And btw. If there actually is a 6th of July date some sort of update from the 10C/Pearl Jam would be nice because it's becoming ridiculous. It's confirmed but nobody actually confirmed it.
    I knew who I was before other people started telling me who I was. J.Joplin
  • I,m up for this if it happens,a couple hours drive from where i live 8-)

same weekend as my missus 40th....pleased she likes festivals :mrgreen:
  • veddertownveddertown Posts: 5,260

If there was any truth in this rumour it would go some way to explaining the lack of announcement for an Italy date but where is the evidence? Nothing on the T In The Park site, just a quote on a forum from December about Pearl Jam and Foo Fighters possibly headling. I don't think we'll see a gig in Scotland this year as much as I'd like to and I'd rather anywhere than T.
    Like a book among the many on a shelf...

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
    Manchester MEN - 20/06/12. Manchester MEN - 21/06/12
  • Really cant see this happening its not really a PJ crowd these days
  • Pearl Jam will play T in the Park, Scotland. First week of July. As headliners. Tickets on sale- Feb 10

Tell us where you heard it then.
  • eboweddieeboweddie Posts: 1,006
    this wont happen. bands who play one have to play the other festival. thats why the acts/headliners are the same. pj will not play t in the park and then skip oxegen. its a contract. ireland wont get 3 pj shows!!

i wish i wish i wish i wish, i guess it never stops
  • ilockyerilockyer Posts: 2,270
    eboweddie wrote:
    this wont happen. bands who play one have to play the other festival. thats why the acts/headliners are the same. pj will not play t in the park and then skip oxegen. its a contract. ireland wont get 3 pj shows!!

Well, that's always been the case in the past, but there can always be exceptions! Lets hope for the sake of the fans in Scotland that this is true.

As for the point about T in the Park not having a PJ crowd these days, I think a lot would have said that about Reading in 2006.
    The secret to a happy ending is knowing when to roll the credits
  • I really hope we get a show in Scotland this year :?
    Let them wash away
    All those yesterdays
    All those yesterdays
    All those paper plates
    I really hope we get a show in Scotland this year :?

Yeah me too. A small Benaroya style show in the Edinburgh Playhouse the weekend before Dublin would be a lovely warm up for my trip to Ireland and London :D

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
  • veddertown wrote:

Yeah me too. A small Benaroya style show in the Edinburgh Playhouse the weekend before Dublin would be a lovely warm up for my trip to Ireland and London :D

That sounds good to me man!
    i will be going to the belfast show, Hyde park and berlin and a scottish date at some time would b great!!! :)
    Let them wash away
    All those yesterdays
    All those yesterdays
    All those paper plates
    veddertown wrote:

i will be going to the belfast show, Hyde park and berlin and a scottish date at some time would b great!!! :)

Me and the missus went with Dublin, Belfast and London but still hoping for a Scotland show. We've not seen them yet so to do it at home first would be the best :D

• Eddie promised me he'd play the Beach Bar in Lossiemouth first if they ever came back to Scotland.

He said "You loons deserve it" and Stone agreed it would be a "savage gig".
  • Yeah me too. A small Benaroya style show in the Edinburgh Playhouse the weekend before Dublin would be a lovely warm up for my trip to Ireland and London :D[/quote]

i will be going to the belfast show, Hyde park and berlin and a scottish date at some time would b great!!! :)[/quote]

Me and the missus went with Dublin, Belfast and London but still hoping for a Scotland show. We've not seen them yet so to do it at home first would be the best :D[/quote]

Cool man!

my first show was in paris 06 :mrgreen:
    Yeah ive seen them 4 times and i really need to see them in my own country now. :lol:
    Let them wash away
    All those yesterdays
    All those yesterdays
    All those paper plates
  • DavieBDavieB Posts: 222
    PJ_HONEY wrote:
    Eddie promised me he'd play the Beach Bar in Lossiemouth first if they ever came back to Scotland.

Michty aye...

In all seriousness though, I'm really hoping the Scottish gig thing is cool.

And I'm +1'ing the Edinburgh Playhouse suggestion, that would be amazing...

...or Edinburgh Castle. However, I gotta think there'd be some health and safety issues, with it being Pearl Jam, and there being a serious slope down from the stage and all...
  • satansbedsatansbed Posts: 2,139
    if they play t in the park then theyl play oxegen
    PJ_HONEY wrote:
    Eddie promised me he'd play the Beach Bar in Lossiemouth first if they ever came back to Scotland.

You damn Easties crack me up. PJ in Kinlochbervie sounds at least half way realistic. Fuckin' loons!!! Lets compromise with a nice friendly get together at Fat Sams :lol:

• My guess is that if there is gonna be a Scotland show and if it's T then thats why it hasn't been announced yet.
    They might not be allowed to announce it yet or something?

:?
    Let them wash away
    All those yesterdays
    All those yesterdays
    All those paper plates
  • My source's are ALWAYS correct. You wait and see. The band were thinking of Glasgow Barrowland. Before being pointed out that the cap is 4,000. Then the SECC? i think. But T in the Park it is this year. Be sure to get your tickets- first gig in Scotland in 10 years.
    My source's are ALWAYS correct. You wait and see. The band were thinking of Glasgow Barrowland. Before being pointed out that the cap is 4,000. Then the SECC? i think. But T in the Park it is this year. Be sure to get your tickets- first gig in Scotland in 10 years.

Spill the beans if you're so confident :) I'd be in for a day ticket if this happens assuming the last tickets up for sale include day tickets?

• My source's are ALWAYS correct. You wait and see. The band were thinking of Glasgow Barrowland. Before being pointed out that the cap is 4,000. Then the SECC? i think. But T in the Park it is this year. Be sure to get your tickets- first gig in Scotland in 10 years.

I sure hope your right mate!!!

When can you buy day tickets? :)
    Let them wash away
    All those yesterdays
    All those yesterdays
    All those paper plates
  • ilockyerilockyer Posts: 2,270
    My source's are ALWAYS correct. You wait and see. The band were thinking of Glasgow Barrowland. Before being pointed out that the cap is 4,000. Then the SECC? i think. But T in the Park it is this year. Be sure to get your tickets- first gig in Scotland in 10 years.

The Barrowland Ballroom would definitely be THE place to see them!
    The secret to a happy ending is knowing when to roll the credits
    PJ would remember a gig in Barrowlands a lot longer than at T. Magic venue,I was lucky enough to see Rancid there and Sonic Youth.

• veddertown wrote:
    PJ would remember a gig in Barrowlands a lot longer than at T. Magic venue,I was lucky enough to see Rancid there and Sonic Youth.[/quo

Yeah Magical Venue. PJ should paly 3 nights in there!!! :)
    Let them wash away
    All those yesterdays
    All those yesterdays
    All those paper plates
  • dadesdades Posts: 322
    if this is true then they will have to play on the sunday night the 11th as they are playing spain then portugal on 9th and 10th.
    as its about 40mins from my house i would love it to be true, but have my doubts as has already been pointed out that would be 3 gigs on consecutive nights and portugal to scotland aint no small hop.
    checked the titp 2010 site and they are selling day tkts for sunday now, i must say i am tempted.so is it 10 club selling tkts from 10feb?
    guess we will have to wait and see, fingers and everything else crossed its true.
    Glasgow Cathouse 1992
    Glasgow S.E.C.C. 2000
    Shepherds Bush 2009 - M.E.N 2009 - London O2 2009
    Boston 2010 - Newark 2010 - MSG1+2 2010 - Dublin 2010 - Belfast 2010
    London 2010
    Manchester 1+2 2012 EV Manchester 2012 EV London 31/7/2012
    Philly 1+2 2013 - Hartford 2013
    Berlin 2014 Leeds 2014
    Fenway 2 2016
    EV London 1+2 2017
    London 1+2 - Berlin 2018