movie, 'book of eli'

2»

Comments

• Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873
    Had to dig this up coz I saw this movie today. Gotta say, utter shite from start to finish with the exception of about 3 decent fight scenes. Awful in every other respect. Avoid avoid avoid!
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
  • vduboisevduboise Posts: 1,937
    Had to dig this up coz I saw this movie today. Gotta say, utter shite from start to finish with the exception of about 3 decent fight scenes. Awful in every other respect. Avoid avoid avoid!
    I have to agree. Not total shit but close. It was disappointing. I went into it not knowing anything about it- and was lacking. This is a wait for rental kinda movie.
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,184
    vduboise wrote:
    I have to agree. Not total shit but close. It was disappointing. I went into it not knowing anything about it- and was lacking. This is a wait for rental kinda movie.

I went into a theatre with about 10 of us knowing that this was a 50/50 on how good it was. This movie sucked and sucked so bad I fell asleep twice in the middle of it. It made no sense and the ending was weaker than weak. I don't know why other than money a 2 time Academy Award winner would take on such crap but he did. Not one of the worse movies ever that was left to last year's *GAMER*

That said I'm one who loves post apocalyptic flicks but this one didn't cut the grade D+

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    g under p wrote:

I went into a theatre with about 10 of us knowing that this was a 50/50 on how good it was. This movie sucked and sucked so bad I fell asleep twice in the middle of it. It made no sense and the ending was weaker than weak. I don't know why other than money a 2 time Academy Award winner would take on such crap but he did. Not one of the worse movies ever that was left to last year's *GAMER*

That said I'm one who loves post apocalyptic flicks but this one didn't cut the grade D+

Peace
    Did one of the script writers die when making Gamer? It ended suddenly, like no one felt like doing it anymore so they just chalked up a half ass ending 3/4 way through the film.
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    WHAT I ABSOLUTELY DO NOT UNDERSTAND ABOUT THIS MOVIE:
    if shampoo is such a rare commodity, how come everyone's hair looked so fluffy and silky smooth?
    unless gary oldman had a hidden spring of pantine pro-v... this is the thing that bugged me the most about this movie.
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • lockedlocked Posts: 4,038
    vduboise wrote:

ok.. I'm convinced...

anything with more than five minutes of Gary Oldman is usually worth the money but not his one I guess...
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford