Another kid named "Vedder."

13»

Comments

• I'm sorry but naming your kid "Vedder" is a terrible idea! That just goes to far. You can't pin your own obsessions on your children. Not that he's shown the potential to, but what if Vedder becomes a total douchebag someday? Would you want your kid to be named after him?
    I won't change direction, and I won't change my mind - E.V.
    06 Chicago I, 06 Chicago II, 06 Grand Rapids, 07 Lollapalloza, 08 DC, 08 MSG I, 08 MSG II, 08 EV Solo Milwaukee, Chicago I & II 09, Portland 09, Nobelsville 10, Cleveland 10, PJ20 I & II, Wrigley 13, Brooklyn I & II '13, St. Paul 14, Moline 14, Milwaukee 14
  • I'm sorry but naming your kid "Vedder" is a terrible idea! That just goes to far. You can't pin your own obsessions on your children. Not that he's shown the potential to, but what if Vedder becomes a total douchebag someday? Would you want your kid to be named after him?

I agree.

Yeah there's totally some Buffalo Bills fan out there who regrets naming his kid O.J.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • The only reason that naming your kid Vedder is awful, is because it automatically sets an expectation for him when he gets older because hes named after someone famous. What if he doesnt like Pearl Jam when hes older? Id feel like a complete disappointment to my parents if my name was Vedder, and I wasnt a fan of Pearl Jam.

But I know a few people with the last name Vedder, no relation to our Eddie, so I suppose that kid may just have been named after a relative or something.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,613
    But I know a few people with the last name Vedder, no relation to our Eddie, so I suppose that kid may just have been named after a relative or something.

yeah...like Gondo Publisher, Bob Vedder.

The man is a disgrace:
    http://www.veniceflorida.com/features/veddersethics.htm
    www.myspace.com
  • shadowcastshadowcast Posts: 2,182
    I'm sorry but naming your kid "Vedder" is a terrible idea! That just goes to far. You can't pin your own obsessions on your children. Not that he's shown the potential to, but what if Vedder becomes a total douchebag someday? Would you want your kid to be named after him?

So what do you think of Eddie naming his kid Harper? Anyone????? I think it's there own business. Name your kid what you want and whoever said this "What if he doesn’t like Pearl Jam when he’s older Id feel like a complete disappointment to my parents if my name was Vedder" needs to get a grip. So all the kids named Jordan have to feel like they are the best basketball player in the world or love the Chicago Bulls? Paaaaaaleasse. I read this to "but what if Vedder becomes a total douche bag someday?" So when you hear John Wayne what do you think of? A murderer or a movie star?