Another kid named "Vedder."

Comments

• What's the best way to ensure your child will be mercilessly ridiculed throughout childhood and early teens? Name him Vedder! What a terrible idea. Good thing Ed's last name isn't Poop or Herpes.
  • youngsteryoungster Posts: 6,576
    Cardinal wrote:
    terrible name for a child...selfish parent

+1.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • I'll be naming my son Sue.

I hope you're ready for that barfight in 18 years or so! :D
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    I just have to say this is so funny, why not use Vedder as a middle name?.
    ********************************************************************************************* image
  • Red_Dot wrote:
    No shit, the other day I was at the shops and this lady yelled out to her kids “Shakira, Beyonce, get in the car”

I saw a mother loading her four toddlers into a car. One of them was a Beyonce. And that was in Rhode Island, not here in silly La La land.

As for Vedder, the boy's 5 year old peers probably have no idea that the name stands for someone. The adults in his life must be the ones rolling their eyes and shaking their heads.

At least I have not heard of any little girls called Vedder!
    "May you live in interesting times."
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    Vedder sounds pretty damned normal next to say Plexico or La Brickashaw. I have no idea if I spelled those right since I have only heard on them !!!
    Just sayin.
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • G ForceG Force Posts: 1,393
    gndcd402 wrote:
    i'm sorry...but people who name their kid vedder strike me as very "stalker-ish" :problem:

I agree 100%.
  • Paul AndrewsPaul Andrews Posts: 2,489
    If ya look to get ya kid into fights later on, maybe "Shut Up" or "Piss Off"...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCBpWBBsloY
  • Maybe a cat or a dog, but not a kid....they could have gone with Eddie, Edward or Ed. WTF.
  • gndcd402gndcd402 Posts: 2,562
    gndcd402 wrote:
    Mcam55 wrote:
    GEORGE: Pamela?! Awright, I tell you what. You look like nice people, I'm gonna help you out. You want a beautiful name? Soda.

KEN: What?

GEORGE: Soda. S-O-D-A. Soda.
    Mug Costanza
    :lol::lol::lol:
    or ketchup, pretty name for a girl
    Man, why not just got the whole hog and name ya kid 10 - not TEN, but 10.

Sorry George...

Sorry George...
    that seems about right...10 beatings a day, 10 stitches per beating, and eventually 10 years to life.

biggest seinfeld fan ever...challenge me at seinfeld scene it :twisted:
    >
  • i_lov_iti_lov_it Posts: 4,007
    you generally have to have sex

Nah, that can't be it, how do you explain all the married people having kids????

pmsl... :lol:
  • youngsteryoungster Posts: 6,576
    Why not name you're kid Cobain, Cornell, Lennon, Morrisson, Wood, Staley, or any other brilliant frontman of a great group..... Oh, yeah. Cause it's corny as fuck. Same as Vedder. If you want to pay homage to your favorite frontman, name him Kurt, Chris, John, Jim, Andrew, Layne, or Eddie. There is no need to name your son a famous singers last name as a first name. Shows you are a freaky stalker. You're son will hopefully live to be 80 or 90 and will have to carry the name of a long dead frontman forever. Get over your obsession for a second for you're son's sake. I know this carry's no water as the OP saw this in public but come on...
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • Black-12Black-12 Posts: 249
    I'm naming my kid Vedder, Micheal, Stone the 1st.... lol!
    gndcd402 wrote:

Sorry George...
    that seems about right...10 beatings a day, 10 stitches per beating, and eventually 10 years to life.

>

Hmm sounds like a wager... we still watch the reruns and did the Kenny Kramer Reality tour in NYC...
    gndcd402 wrote:

>

Hmm sounds like a wager... we still watch the reruns and did the Kenny Kramer Reality tour in NYC...
    did u go to all the garbage dumps with the muffin tops?
    gndcd402 wrote:
    gndcd402 wrote:

>

did u go to all the garbage dumps with the muffin tops?

no, i'm not insane ;)
    no, i'm not insane ;)
    the muffin tops dont tempt you?! hmm....then what does? is it salty snacks you crave? no, i think you have more of a sweet tooth. you may stray but you will always return to your master, the cocoa bean! and only the purest syrup nectar can satisfy you! BOSCOOOOOOO!
  • mfc2006mfc2006 Posts: 37,412
    gndcd402 wrote:
    no, i'm not insane ;)
    the muffin tops dont tempt you?! hmm....then what does? is it salty snacks you crave? no, i think you have more of a sweet tooth. you may stray but you will always return to your master, the cocoa bean! and only the purest syrup nectar can satisfy you! BOSCOOOOOOO!

:lol::lol::lol:
    classic!!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    gndcd402 wrote:
    no, i'm not insane ;)

actually it's the coffee bean and i've got all the free coffee I like...
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    gndcd402 wrote:

Sorry George...

>
    That's your big boy...
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • G ForceG Force Posts: 1,393
    Why not name you're kid Cobain, Cornell, Lennon, Morrisson, Wood, Staley, or any other brilliant frontman of a great group..... Oh, yeah. Cause it's corny as fuck. Same as Vedder. If you want to pay homage to your favorite frontman, name him Kurt, Chris, John, Jim, Andrew, Layne, or Eddie. There is no need to name your son a famous singers last name as a first name. Shows you are a freaky stalker. You're son will hopefully live to be 80 or 90 and will have to carry the name of a long dead frontman forever. Get over your obsession for a second for you're son's sake. I know this carry's no water as the OP saw this in public but come on...

Agree.
  • Travisthesky,

I think you're referring to me since I posted a while ago and that I have twins with unique names: Jagger Zen and Quinn Vedder. Or do you remember someone else naming one of their twins with the first name Vedder?

We enjoy it and I think they will too. There are so many kids with funkier names than ours!

God Bless PJ!
    "Nothing changes but the surrounding bullshit, that has grown."
  • JoJo Posts: 2,098
    Travisthesky,

I think you're referring to me since I posted a while ago and that I have twins with unique names: Jagger Zen and Quinn Vedder. Or do you remember someone else naming one of their twins with the first name Vedder?

We enjoy it and I think they will too. There are so many kids with funkier names than ours!

God Bless PJ!
    :clap:
  • My first son's first name is Cameron
    Middle name Stone
    Lizard wrote:
    gndcd402 wrote:

Sorry George...

>
    That's your big boy...
    :lol::lol: i actually laughed at your comment!
  • Travisthesky,

Middle names don't count. Unless a person uses his/her middle name as the first name (Like I do- my first first name is better suited to a dog or a toddler.) There was a thread called something like, "Please pray for my son Vedder." I think the baby's name was Vedder Gabriel because it sounds like Peter Gabriel. It was written by a man with preemie twins that had medical problems. But they are older now, and are fine.

To cropduster: Someone DOES have a kid named Lennon: Scott Stapp!!!! LOL!!!
    "May you live in interesting times."
  • shadowcastshadowcast Posts: 2,182
    edited January 2010
    gndcd402 wrote:
    i'm sorry...but people who name their kid vedder strike me as very "stalker-ish" :problem:
    So is Eddie a stalker since he named his kid Harper?

Also who are you people to ridicule what someone names their child? I bet most of you have boring everyday names in the first place. Would I name my kid Vedder? No, but I'm not going to call someone a stalker or say that kid is going to be made fun of in for the rest of their life for having that name. I would keep your comments to yourself on this one because most of you are under probably under 30 and do not have kids to be made fun of. Your under 30 you know shit about fuck and for christ sake pull up your pants....
    Post edited by shadowcast on
  • I'm gonna name my son (if I ever get one) after my tattoo artist. Well, not really after him. Just the same name: Lou. And a daughter would be called Brena (with that Spanish kinda n) after the A Perfect Circle song.

But Vedder is amazing!!! I might get 2 boys just for that ;) Or what about Veddie Edder?? ;)