Options

Boston 98 poster wanted

2»

Comments

• Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,009
    sgossard3 wrote:
    thats just a color variant of the detroit print right? the one with the musicians?

you got it!
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    swallowedwordsswallowedwords Posts: 1,093
    sgossard3 wrote:
    thats just a color variant of the detroit print right? the one with the musicians? also a great print! denver is cool too... the magic eye lookin one... i used to have a book like that when i was little so id love to have that poster!

speaking of which... swallowedwords, how bout making me a high res scan of your '98s?? share the wealth! i just wanna print out one for myself i swear! if everyone would pool their posters we could all get the ones we want without supporting the flippers! (rehashing this idea again :D)

I don't have a scanner, but I guess I could take digital photos of all of them.
    Free the West Memphis Three
    www.wm3.org

Ron Paul 2012
  • Options
    Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    I don't have a scanner, but I guess I could take digital photos of all of them.
    whatever youre willing to try would be much appreciated! ive got a real nice printer at my school lab that would work great for printing decent reproductions... i dont even care if theyre to scale... i just want the images up on my walls... thanks!
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    pj0705pj0705 Posts: 189
    Forget the Boston 98, im looking for the Boston 00 which i cant seem to find.
  • Options
    release30release30 Posts: 2,051
    I have extras of:

VA Beach
    DC
    Mansfield 1 & 2

What do you have that I might like? :) Here's my want list:

http://www.expressobeans.com/members/wanted.php?id=6620

I have nothing that you like....And you have everything that I want!!!
    Conversations getting dull
    There's a constant ringing in my ears
    Sense of humor's void and numb
    And I'm bored to tears.......
  • Options
    QballQball Posts: 283
    pj0705 wrote:
    Forget the Boston 98, im looking for the Boston 00 which i cant seem to find.
    I might have an extra. I will search tonight. If I do..$50 ok?
  • Options
    release30 wrote:
    I have nothing that you like....And you have everything that I want!!!

That's no good :)
    www.wm3.org

Ron Paul 2012
  • Options
    What a year...back when you could trade a poster straight up for another. Or burn a bunch of bootlegs for someone, and have them pick you up a poster at the show. Only $10 remember? What a deal!!

That is how to build a collection...now it seems no one will trade posters anymore. I actually had someone (true story) contact me on Expressobeans, asking about my extra Hartford 08, which is marked trade only.

They asked me how much I would sell it for. I responded, saying I was only looking to trade for stuff in my ISO. I got a snotty reply saying "I have stuff you are looking for, but they are worth far more than the Hartford!" Great...so why did you contact me then? Also, like I was looking to trade that straight up for the sunset orange Ben Harper Emek or something...

Anyway...here is my stuff:

http://www.expressobeans.com/members/trades.php?id=4824

Would love to help some of you fill in a collection, but I am only looking for a certain few prints. And no, there isn't much from beyond 2000 that would get me to part with some of the 98's now, they are just too hard to replace.

Here's a question: would you trade a DC 06 Klausen for both nights of MSG 08? I haven't responded, because I think the guy is overseas, and the last deal I did to Europe sucked.
    Lolla St. Louis 92, StL 98, Kansas City 98, Knoxville 98, StL 00, Kansas City 00, Oklahoma City 03, StL 03, Cleveland 03, Pittsburgh 03, Kansas City 03, Philly x 2 03, MSG x 2 03, StL 04, GR 06, Cleveland 06, Detroit 06, SF x 3 06, Portland, Gorge x 2 06, MSG x 2 08, Hartford 08, Mansfield x 2 08
  • Options
    The problem is that 96.9% of anyone with posters want to trade them..Not sell them for a fair price.....
  • Options
    release30 wrote:
    The problem is that 96.9% of anyone with posters want to trade them..Not sell them for a fair price.....

Yes, but I don't have extras to make money. I have extras, and I would like to fill my collection in, while hopefully helping someone do the same.

I don't see the issue with that. It's much easier to come to a compromise on a trade (albeit much tougher with stuff like PJ 98 posters) than it is to decide to sell it. Once you decide to sell, you immediately piss off half the people who think you are scalping them.

It's exactly why alot of my ISO's are still out there. I could buy them on Ebay or somewhere, but current prices are crazy. So I wait...
    Lolla St. Louis 92, StL 98, Kansas City 98, Knoxville 98, StL 00, Kansas City 00, Oklahoma City 03, StL 03, Cleveland 03, Pittsburgh 03, Kansas City 03, Philly x 2 03, MSG x 2 03, StL 04, GR 06, Cleveland 06, Detroit 06, SF x 3 06, Portland, Gorge x 2 06, MSG x 2 08, Hartford 08, Mansfield x 2 08
  • Options
    What a year...back when you could trade a poster straight up for another. Or burn a bunch of bootlegs for someone, and have them pick you up a poster at the show. Only $10 remember? What a deal!!

That is how to build a collection...now it seems no one will trade posters anymore. I actually had someone (true story) contact me on Expressobeans, asking about my extra Hartford 08, which is marked trade only.

They asked me how much I would sell it for. I responded, saying I was only looking to trade for stuff in my ISO. I got a snotty reply saying "I have stuff you are looking for, but they are worth far more than the Hartford!" Great...so why did you contact me then? Also, like I was looking to trade that straight up for the sunset orange Ben Harper Emek or something...

Anyway...here is my stuff:

http://www.expressobeans.com/members/trades.php?id=4824

Would love to help some of you fill in a collection, but I am only looking for a certain few prints. And no, there isn't much from beyond 2000 that would get me to part with some of the 98's now, they are just too hard to replace.

Here's a question: would you trade a DC 06 Klausen for both nights of MSG 08? I haven't responded, because I think the guy is overseas, and the last deal I did to Europe sucked.

I sent you a PM :)
    www.wm3.org

Ron Paul 2012
  • Options
    How much do you want for the B-Ham 98 ;)
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,537
    My ultimate goal is to obtain all the 1998s I like. It's going to be an expensive goal. :)

you'd be surprised, it can absolutely be done for a reasonable price given the right circumstances and timing!

in late '04 i was fortunate enough to purchase 16 MINT posters from the '98 tour for $65 each (Boston, Cleveland, DC Merriweather, Detroit, East Lansing, Hartford, Indianapolis, Knoxville, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Virginia Beach, West Palm Beach, Atlanta, Raleigh, Barrie/Montreal and Birmingham) essentially completing my quest to obtain all the '98 posters i wanted in a single shot.

don't ask me how i did it, though, i doubt anyone would believe me ;):)
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    100 Pacer wrote:

come on, spill it
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    Obviously someone needed to pay rent and he was happy to take those posters at resonable prices..
  • Options
    release30 wrote:
    Obviously someone needed to pay rent and he was happy to take those posters at resonable prices..

Or, all of them were copies :)
    www.wm3.org

Ron Paul 2012
  • Options
    release30 wrote:

honestly, that wasn't the case.
    Or, all of them were copies :)

nope :)
    LukinFan wrote:
    come on, spill it

well,...

i came home from work one Friday, and decided to go online to check a couple of things before heading out for the evening - this was around ~5:30pm. after checking my email i decided to search eBay for any newly-listed PJ poster auctions, out of curiosity. i came across 5 auctions that had just been posted 15 minutes beforehand, each auction featuring a poster from the '98 tour, and all were being listed by an eBay consignment store in Elko, NV. the store's phone number was listed in the auction so i decided to pick up the phone and call - i had to find out what the deal was.

basically, PJ were using Upstaging to haul their gear on the North American legs of the Yield tour and one of the truck drivers who worked a couple of the legs took it upon himself to purchase a poster from each of the shows he was at prior to the doors opening. the posters were carefully stored in the cab of the truck and were hauled from city to city until he was done working the legs. said truck driver retired to Elko, NV and was cleaning out his inventory of memorabilia when he came across the posters still neatly stored. he decided to bring them into the eBay consignment store so they could be sold off for him.

so, after spending a couple of hours working the phone with the consignment store's owner, going over which posters the former-driver had (she had to describe the image in each poster) i asked whether she would pull the 5 auctions that were running and sell me the entire lot. i actually offered $75/poster but the guy was happy with $65/poster since i'd be buying the entire lot. the next day, Saturday, i made another couple of calls to the store to discuss payment and shipping terms and i had the posters in my hands within 5 business days.

funny enough, as i was calling the store's owner back during the negotiation process she made sure to inform me just how many people were calling to voice their anger and displeasure with her not only ending the auctions early but ALSO with her selling the posters to me for "so cheap" - in fact, the same people offered her a LOT more money. thankfully, she was a woman of her word and told the other potential buyers that she had already struck a deal with me. at the end she asked me whether i was buying the posters to sell on eBay (i explained that these posters were for my personal collection) and also asked whether the posters were "worth more" (i tried to dodge that question somewhat but she insisted that she was happy to sell the entire lot in one shot). i never really discussed the story for fear some of those same angry people posted on the board - only told ONE other person about it before today ;)

miracles do happen. had the auctions been listed earlier in the day i have no doubt others would have seem them much earlier than i did and, needless to say, not many people were surfing eBay ~5:30pm on a Friday afternoon.

the end.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    100 Pacer wrote:

well,...

i came home from work one Friday, and decided to go online to check a couple of things before heading out for the evening - this was around ~5:30pm. after checking my email i decided to search eBay for any newly-listed PJ poster auctions, out of curiosity. i came across 5 auctions that had just been posted 15 minutes beforehand, each auction featuring a poster from the '98 tour, and all were being listed by an eBay consignment store in Elko, NV. the store's phone number was listed in the auction so i decided to pick up the phone and call - i had to find out what the deal was.

basically, PJ were using Upstaging to haul their gear on the North American legs of the Yield tour and one of the truck drivers who worked a couple of the legs took it upon himself to purchase a poster from each of the shows he was at prior to the doors opening. the posters were carefully stored in the cab of the truck and were hauled from city to city until he was done working the legs. said truck driver retired to Elko, NV and was cleaning out his inventory of memorabilia when he came across the posters still neatly stored. he decided to bring them into the eBay consignment store so they could be sold off for him.

so, after spending a couple of hours working the phone with the consignment store's owner, going over which posters the former-driver had (she had to describe the image in each poster) i asked whether she would pull the 5 auctions that were running and sell me the entire lot. i actually offered $75/poster but the guy was happy with $65/poster since i'd be buying the entire lot. the next day, Saturday, i made another couple of calls to the store to discuss payment and shipping terms and i had the posters in my hands within 5 business days.

funny enough, as i was calling the store's owner back during the negotiation process she made sure to inform me just how many people were calling to voice their anger and displeasure with her not only ending the auctions early but ALSO with her selling the posters to me for "so cheap" - in fact, the same people offered her a LOT more money. thankfully, she was a woman of her word and told the other potential buyers that she had already struck a deal with me. at the end she asked me whether i was buying the posters to sell on eBay (i explained that these posters were for my personal collection) and also asked whether the posters were "worth more" (i tried to dodge that question somewhat but she insisted that she was happy to sell the entire lot in one shot). i never really discussed the story for fear some of those people posted on the board ;)

miracles do happen. had the auctions been listed earlier in the day i have no doubt others would have seem them much earlier than i did and, needless to say, not many people were surfing eBay ~5:30pm on a Friday afternoon.

the end.
    nice! thanks for sharing
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    Great finds Pacer!!!
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,717
    my god thats an incredible story...

congrats
  • Options
    Niko80Niko80 Posts: 1,562
    Im gonna go check on ebay right now:)
    I will swallow poison
  • Options
    get me a set too Niko....
  • Options
    bumpy
  • Options
    DanimalDanimal Posts: 2,000
    100 Pacer wrote:

well,...

funny enough, as i was calling the store's owner back during the negotiation process she made sure to inform me just how many people were calling to voice their anger and displeasure with her not only ending the auctions early but ALSO with her selling the posters to me for "so cheap" - in fact, the same people offered her a LOT more money. thankfully, she was a woman of her word and told the other potential buyers that she had already struck a deal with me. at the end she asked me whether i was buying the posters to sell on eBay (i explained that these posters were for my personal collection) and also asked whether the posters were "worth more" (i tried to dodge that question somewhat but she insisted that she was happy to sell the entire lot in one shot). i never really discussed the story for fear some of those same angry people posted on the board - only told ONE other person about it before today ;)

the end.

Awesome story.

Just goes to show you...if you want something go and get it!
    "I don't believe in PJ fans but I believe there is something, not too sure what." - Thoughts_Arrive

• Options
    100 Pacer wrote:
    you'd be surprised, it can absolutely be done for a reasonable price given the right circumstances and timing!

in late '04 i was fortunate enough to purchase 16 MINT posters from the '98 tour for $65 each (Boston, Cleveland, DC Merriweather, Detroit, East Lansing, Hartford, Indianapolis, Knoxville, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Virginia Beach, West Palm Beach, Atlanta, Raleigh, Barrie/Montreal and Birmingham) essentially completing my quest to obtain all the '98 posters i wanted in a single shot.

that is INSANE! SO lucky! I AM FURIOUS! WHY DOES NOTHING COOL HAPPEN TO ME?!? do share! ill give you what you paid + $35 for the raleigh :D ... deal?

• Options
    crazy story pacer! thats a once in a lifetime thing! thats great for you! if you ever stumbled across another such deal let me know so i can get some '98s myself :D

• Options
    sgossard3 wrote:
    crazy story pacer! thats a once in a lifetime thing! thats great for you! if you ever stumbled across another such deal let me know so i can get some '98s myself :D

honestly, it was a VERY nerve-wracking experience but it all worked out well in the end. during my initial conversations with the consignment store's owner i created a spreadsheet and detailed each poster's exact condition (the poor woman, i had her checking every inch of every poster for any potential flaws, took a couple of hours) so there wouldn't be any misunderstanding should an issue arise when i received the posters. not to mention that since the deal was being done off eBay, i took quite a leap of faith sending a complete stranger $1100 in the form of 2 postal money orders with nothing but her word as assurance that i would receive the posters described to me. in the back of my mind i had a good feeling overall that the deal was legit, but i was also paranoid that something could/would go wrong, although luckily nothing did.

mind you, i've learned the poster "game" is all about give and take - while i may have lucked out with the '98s, the Kenyon Hall poster i ordered from the 10C has yet to arrive and i've accepted the fact it's either been lost and/or stolen en route so i have to take the good with the bad :)

• Options
    100 Pacer wrote:
    honestly, it was a VERY nerve-wracking experience but it all worked out well in the end. during my initial conversations with the consignment store's owner i created a spreadsheet and detailed each poster's exact condition (the poor woman, i had her checking every inch of every poster for any potential flaws, took a couple of hours) so there wouldn't be any misunderstanding should an issue arise when i received the posters. not to mention that since the deal was being done off eBay, i took quite a leap of faith sending a complete stranger $1100 in the form of 2 postal money orders with nothing but her word as assurance that i would receive the posters described to me. in the back of my mind i had a good feeling overall that the deal was legit, but i was also paranoid that something could/would go wrong, although luckily nothing did.

mind you, i've learned the poster "game" is all about give and take - while i may have lucked out with the '98s, the Kenyon Hall poster i ordered from the 10C has yet to arrive and i've accepted the fact it's either been lost and/or stolen en route so i have to take the good with the bad :)
    dont blame ya for your skepticism... definitely sounds too good to be true! but im glad they got to you for the right reasons instead of going to someone else only for them to flip it for more... i cant believe people were selfish enough to say "but theyre worth x amount!" and try to cheat you out of such a great find! some PJ fans :rolleyes:

hope your kenyon hall shows up! (as ugly as i think that poster is... hoping for ames to do the second leg)

• Options
    sgossard3 wrote:
    dont blame ya for your skepticism... definitely sounds too good to be true! but im glad they got to you for the right reasons instead of going to someone else only for them to flip it for more... i cant believe people were selfish enough to say "but theyre worth x amount!" and try to cheat you out of such a great find! some PJ fans :rolleyes:

hope your kenyon hall shows up! (as ugly as i think that poster is... hoping for ames to do the second leg)

dude have you seen a Kenyon up close?? Its awesome