the official AMERICAN IDOL SUCKS thread

2»

Comments

• eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    I, for one, have little trouble seperating artists from entertainers. One might look and sound pretty, the other actually has something to say.
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    edited January 2010
    sometimes a person just wants to be entertained and what entertains them is a personal individual thing.
    I like Idol- I like music- all kinds and some good entertainers have come out of AI and a couple artists too.
    Post edited by pandora on
  • PJGARDENPJGARDEN Posts: 1,484
    I logged on to FB last night and I couldn't believe how many people are obsessed with this show. It made me say a little prayer and thank god for my good taste in music. :mrgreen:
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    It's pretty sad that entertainment has stooped this low. While I'm not really surprised, because it is television...I will give the creators credit on one thing: They certainly have mastered the art of creating successful shit television that people would eat up like it was their last meal.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
    lukin2006 wrote:
    Cowell on 60 minutes saying he was more popular than Springsteen,

:roll:

Idiot. In his defense, at least he didn't say he was "more popular than Jesus" and get a freaking backlash from the zealot community.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    I wonder if those bashing never watched a full season of the show and just doing a prejudge without experience after watching an episode or two. thinking its not their thing really.
    I do the same with the reality shows don't really give them a chance cause I think the subject matter stupid- like Bachelor, Wife Swop, Survivor etc etc. knowing I won't like them but realizing some people probably love that stuff.
    All is good- to each their own
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,981
    Without Idol, we wouldn't have the sweet musical stylings of Daughtry. :wtf:

Yes, it sucks................. but so does most of what's on TV.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,632
    pandora wrote:
    I wonder if those bashing never watched a full season of the show and just doing a prejudge without experience after watching an episode or two. thinking its not their thing really.
    I do the same with the reality shows don't really give them a chance cause I think the subject matter stupid- like Bachelor, Wife Swop, Survivor etc etc. knowing I won't like them but realizing some people probably love that stuff.

my girlfriend watches it religiously. so, yes, unfortunately i've seen more than i would have liked.
    www.myspace.com
    pandora wrote:

my girlfriend watches it religiously. so, yes, unfortunately i've seen more than i would have liked.
    well its good to keep her company- i would say the same for my husband he puts up with the dance shows even
    pandora wrote:

I've watched American Idol enough to know that these people are looking for the easy rode to fame. I feel like if they cared about the music, they would work to get their music out the same way other bands do. Times have changed and its not that difficult anymore. I actually get annoyed with these people that claim they have always dreamed of being a singer yet they have done NOTHING on their own to put themselves out there. These people are becoming famous for glorified karaoke. There are some people on the show that have talent but every single one is chasing the fame and fortune, music is nothing more than the path to get there.
    PJGARDEN wrote:
    pandora wrote:

I've watched American Idol enough to know that these people are looking for the easy rode to fame. I feel like if they cared about the music, they would work to get their music out the same way other bands do. Times have changed and its not that difficult anymore. I actually get annoyed with these people that claim they have always dreamed of being a singer yet they have done NOTHING on their own to put themselves out there. These people are becoming famous for glorified karaoke. There are some people on the show that have talent but every single one is chasing the fame and fortune, music is nothing more than the path to get there.
    probably true with some but then their fame will also probably be short lived- which might be worse than having none at all
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    american idol was better when it was called 'star search'!
  • eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    norm wrote:

America was better when it was called, "Hey Chris, I don't think this is India, bro..."
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
    pandora wrote:

One or two episodes is pretty much all you need to get the jist of the show. Why torture yourself and sit through an entire season just to come to the same conclusion? My family watches it, I've already been exposed to more than I'd like.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,981
    norm wrote:

for the youngsters:

EdMcMahon15.jpg
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    dcfaithful wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

Idiot. In his defense, at least he didn't say he was "more popular than Jesus" and get a freaking backlash from the zealot community.
    Is that the only way you can make a point by insulting people? Beside's Lennon was probably not to far off the truth.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    Jeagler,

After watching this video, you might change your mind. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::D:D

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Society/20 ... rican-Idol
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • libragirllibragirl Posts: 4,632
    The auditions are funny. I'll watch it sometimes but I really don't follow it.
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
    I'm going to one of the auditions next season and I'm going to sing In Hiding! I want to watch everyone cringe when I hit the high notes! :D
  • nuffingmannuffingman Posts: 3,014
    Stop complaining all of you.

AI may suck big time but this weekend we have Popstar To Operastar. 8 celebs including Alex James and Jimmy Osmond train to be opera singers. I'm not joking. It just doesn't get worse than this.
  • Steve DunneSteve Dunne Posts: 4,965
    never watched an entire episode. haven't even bothered since the first show aired.
    I love to turn you on
    lukin2006 wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

Is that the only way you can make a point by insulting people? Beside's Lennon was probably not to far off the truth.

It's not really a point, more of an opinion. I don't like Simon Cowell, his arrogance is a real flaw to his persona, but I would say the same to anybody with the same level of arrogance. It's just a quality I don't appreciate. More people may know who Simon Cowell is thanks to a television show, so maybe he is right in saying he's more popular...but his legacy won't compare to Springsteen's.

Sorry if I offended you.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL