the official AMERICAN IDOL SUCKS thread

The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,632
edited January 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
who's with me?

the girlfriend is downstairs watching it right now. i refuse to be sucked into watching even a minute of that garbage!
www.myspace.com
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• g under pg under p Posts: 18,184
    Believe it or not I've never watched that show.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• eeriepadaveeeriepadave Posts: 41,845
    I usually just watch the auditions for the people who can;t sing so i can get a laugh or two.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    American Idol is what is wrong with America.....

It's the devil.

fuck that show !
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • ive watched maybe 5 minutes of that show total.
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    saying american idol sucks is redundant

i will say, if i get a little wasted it's fun to watch the bad auditions...people are delusional
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,632
    the wolf wrote:
    American Idol is what is wrong with America.....

It's the devil.

fuck that show !
    :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
    www.myspace.com
    norm wrote:
    saying american idol sucks is redundant

i will say, if i get a little wasted it's fun to watch the bad auditions...people are delusional

i am nothing if not redundant norm. you should know that about me by now! :mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    who's with me?

the girlfriend is downstairs watching it right now. i refuse to be sucked into watching even a minute of that garbage!
    +1...fortunate that the wife thinks this show is garbage as well...glad cowell is leaving because once he's gone the show will soon follow...or at least I hope.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
    lukin2006 wrote:
    who's with me?

+1...fortunate that the wife thinks this show is garbage as well...glad cowell is leaving because once he's gone the show will soon follow...or at least I hope.

just sucks that he can leave on his own. i was hoping for some huge ratings slide that would force the show to be cancelled. that ain't happening anytime soon.
    www.myspace.com
    lukin2006 wrote:
    who's with me?

just sucks that he can leave on his own. i was hoping for some huge ratings slide that would force the show to be cancelled. that ain't happening anytime soon.

Unfortunately not...a huge waste primetime TV.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

• pjtradekingpjtradeking Posts: 4,045
    I am GAY for this show..Cheap mind numbing entertainment while sitting here chatting with everyone .... :D
    Never, ever, flipping forget
    "Free Shipping" SPEEDY MCCREADY

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    lukin2006 wrote:
    who's with me?

cowell is leaving idol to start his own idol show 'x-factor'...he's done it in Britain and now he's gonna do it here :roll:
    norm wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:
    who's with me?

cowell is leaving idol to start his own idol show 'x-factor'...he's done it in Britain and now he's gonna do it here :roll:

Simon Cowell can lick my knob.
    Peace, Love.

-- Sen. Chuck Hagel
    "Apparently 240,000 people who vote for "American Idol" dial the wrong number each week," Vedder said. "Which tells me a lot of dumb people watch 'American Idol.'" Eddie Vedder - Los Angeles Solo Tour

• MrMerkinballMrMerkinball Posts: 1,978
    Horrible, horrible show. Except the first 2 weeks with all the bad singers. I watch that every year.
    i don't even know why people say they enjoy watching the first two weeks. it's the same thing every year. doesn't that get a little old? i mean everyone knows how its going to play out....a few good singers. a weird looking asian dude with no harmony. some other freaks who clearly cannot sing but just want to get on tv or insult that simon guy. then---your token cancer survivor story. or the mom or grandmom with alzhiemers who accompanies her daughter. you know, basically fox exploiting these peoples serious troubles for the sake of hoping you will tune in next week? ;)

makes me sick.
    www.myspace.com
  • MrMerkinballMrMerkinball Posts: 1,978
    i don't even know why people say they enjoy watching the first two weeks. it's the same thing every year. doesn't that get a little old? i mean everyone knows how its going to play out....a few good singers. a weird looking asian dude with no harmony. some other freaks who clearly cannot sing but just want to get on tv or insult that simon guy. then---your token cancer survivor story. or the mom or grandmom with alzhiemers who accompanies her daughter. you know, basically fox exploiting these peoples serious troubles for the sake of hoping you will tune in next week? ;)

makes me sick.
    I get that this show is wrong on so many levels. I never really thought about it. I just find it funny. I lose complete interest in the good singers.

makes me sick.
    I get that this show is wrong on so many levels. I never really thought about it. I just find it funny. I lose complete interest in the good singers.

There are good singers on the show...... ? :?
    Peace, Love.

-- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    Yes- Tyler from Boston last night was a good singer- a little freaky a little bluesy
    tonight is ATL- I'll watch
  • peacegirlpeacegirl Posts: 835
    MrSmith wrote:
    ive watched maybe 5 minutes of that show total.

same here....I watched No Doubt when they were on last year
    lots of people in my office are crazy for this show...I hate when it comes on b/c then I have to hear them talk about it
  • i_lov_iti_lov_it Posts: 4,007
    who's with me?

PMSL...I'm with YOU There!!!...:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
  • eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    Sounds like I'm really missing out on something by not having a tv...
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
  • DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,757
    I'm not a fan.
    I smile, but who am I kidding...
    i_lov_it wrote:
    who's with me?

PMSL ???
    www.myspace.com
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    as are most tv shows, it sucks. thank goodness we have sports and the internet.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • JD SalJD Sal Posts: 790
    I watch AI and find it quite enjoyable. Why do most people on the pit hate this show? Is it because the show stands for basically everything that Pearl Jam is against? I'm thinking yes, but I also think that a lot of people here are closet fans of AI and are too embarrassed to admit it! ;)
    "If no one sees you, you're not here at all"
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    i_lov_it wrote:
    who's with me?

PMSL ???
    PMS lite?
  • I have better things to waste my life on.
  • 81 wrote:
    as are most tv shows, it sucks. thank goodness we have sports and the internet.

Thank goodness for Always Sunny in Philadelphia.......
    JD Sal wrote:
    I watch AI and find it quite enjoyable. Why do most people on the pit hate this show? Is it because the show stands for basically everything that Pearl Jam is against? I'm thinking yes, but I also think that a lot of people here are closet fans of AI and are too embarrassed to admit it! ;)
    I think most of us can make up our own minds... for me it Paula Abdul, Randy Jackson, Cowell can't stand any of them... we're talking about a glorified Karaoke contest. Other reasons I don't like the show... Cowell on 60 minutes saying he was more popular than Springsteen, uhhhh, when he can sell out a 2 year world tour, then tell me about his popularity. Clive Davis saying a few years back that the AI singers have more number 1 hits the The Beatles, does he really think we're that stupid that you can compare a collection of singers to one band, who wrote their own music, played their own instruments and are still relevant 40 years after they split up, please. Then just recently Cowell was quoted as saying The Beatles would not win AI, and would have been better without Ringo, well how much more could they have accomplished, really I am sure they wish you were there to guide there careers in the 60's ...I would hope they would never have went onto such a trashy show. It seems to me they people associated with the show bring up Springsteen and The Beatles to try and make the show relevant and their singers relevant, which will never happen.