PERTH POSTER SALE THURSDAY 1/14/2010!!

2»

Comments

• Dirty FrankkDirty Frankk Posts: 4,274
    IMO this is the ugliest poster together with San Diego on this tour and maybe even tour before.
    Definitely not buying this one.
    CAN'T KEEP CRAZY MARY IN MY TREE NO WAY NOT FOR YOU. ALL THOSE YESTERDAY JEREMY is ALONE, SAD with RATS & BUGS it's HARD TO IMAGINE a JEREMY a BETTER MAN.
    LIFE WASTED, BLOOD on the PORCH, LAST KISS is a WISHLIST DEEP DOWN NOTHING AS IT SEEMS WHY GO COME BACK ALIVE SPIN THE BLACK CIRCLE and SMILE.
  • I can't decide whether to get Christchurch now or wait for Perth. I love Clockwork Orange, might be my favorite movie ever, but now I don't know.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • Paul AndrewsPaul Andrews Posts: 2,489
    The Perth boot is a great one to get as well. Awesome energy from the band and the crowd. A piss funny joke from Ed about lip syncing (after the Brittney debacle in Perth the week earlier) and a special mention to Perth bands and a certain 12 year old kid :)
  • joely_91joely_91 Posts: 795
    The Perth boot is a great one to get as well. Awesome energy from the band and the crowd. A piss funny joke from Ed about lip syncing (after the Brittney debacle in Perth the week earlier) and a special mention to Perth bands and a certain 12 year old kid :)

have to agree with the perth boot being great, great song selection, maybe not as good as melbourne though... btw paul did you ever end up replacing those damaged posters that the drinks got spilled on?
  • Paul AndrewsPaul Andrews Posts: 2,489
    joely_91 wrote:

have to agree with the perth boot being great, great song selection, maybe not as good as melbourne though... btw paul did you ever end up replacing those damaged posters that the drinks got spilled on?

Yes, I got one, which made my kid happy (the 12 year old who is actually 11) :lol: We told him, if anyone asks you how old you are - say 12 (had to be 12 to be in the pit). We didn't tink he'd lie to Ed though. :lol:

He'll get an even bigger surprise if PJ announce a MSG show between 16-25 of May, cause we'll be in NYC for my wedding and I'll take him to see them in NY - how'd that be a for blowing his mind and making him the coolest kid in Dunsborough school.

How Joely, come and join the aussies over at http://giventofly.net
  • joely_91joely_91 Posts: 795
    hahaha that would be pretty awesome, wish i could of gone to MSG this year, its just before uni exams start though at the end of semester so considering how poorly i've done previously i need to get my shit together, but already booked flight over to europe at the end of june, hopefully catch the belfast, london and berlin gigs and see a bit of the country with my friend. I dont no if she'd be up for the rumoured italy show to....not the biggest fan in the world but she agreed to come with so i'm happy.

and will do :)
  • cool poster. incredible film!

music should never be used as a method of torture

shame on, USA(among others)
  • JV130312JV130312 Posts: 2,462
    anyone get this?
    I Know All The Rules But The Rules Do Not Know Me.
  • UmbertotambaUmbertotamba Posts: 1,383
    Just got mine
    Springfield MA 94, Hartford CT 96
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Posts: 9,895
    Can't wait to see this in person
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • just picked up mine.
    i was going to hold off, but love the poster...i got mine...lol.

now i await the philly shows...
  • RPR77RPR77 Posts: 112
    Just got home from work. I told myself if it was still up I would get it. Lo and behold it was still up. My credit card hates me
    6-19-08 Camden I 8-17-08 EV DC II 10-27-09 Philly Night I row 5 10-28-09 Philly Night II row 6 Dead center,10-30-09 Philly Night III section 202, 10-31-09 Philly Night IV section 310, 10-21-13 Philly I PIT, 10-22-13 Philly II PIT
    First song I heard live Hard to Imagine.
    Thank you Pearl Jam for playing Man of the Hour Philly 13 Night 1, I lost my Uncle that morning and it helped me, Cincy 10-01-14 PIT
  • ElzarElzar Posts: 966
    i think this is the most posters i have ever seen at once (besides the 06' Aussie posters, that is!)- still available.....but for how long...? :D
  • CranMalReignCranMalReign Posts: 1,928
    I can't decide whether to get Christchurch now or wait for Perth. I love Clockwork Orange, might be my favorite movie ever, but now I don't know.

Christchurch print pwns the Perth print. That thing is gorgeous!

My wife is a huge Clockwork Orange and Kubrick fan, and was appalled by the Perth poster. She saw it as a blatant ripoff of someone else's art, since the only real difference is making the dude in the poster a dead guy. No creativity displayed, she said.

*shrugs*
    • 98 Pgh
    • 00 Pgh
    • 03 Pgh|Philly|PSU|Camden 1+2|Hershey
    • 04 Boston 1|Reading
    • 05 Philly
    • 06 Camden 1+2|Pgh
    • 08 Camden 1+2|Hartford|Mansfield 2
    • 09 Philly 1 [EV]|Toronto|Spectrum 1-4
    • 10 Cleveland|Buffalo
    • 11 Philly [EV]|PJ20
    • 12 Philly
    • 13 London|Pgh|Buff|Philly 1+2|Balt
    • 14 Cincy|StL
    • 16 Philly 1+2|Philly 2 [TotD]
    • 18 Boston 1+2
  • HollisBrownHollisBrown Posts: 4,325
    I can't decide whether to get Christchurch now or wait for Perth. I love Clockwork Orange, might be my favorite movie ever, but now I don't know.
    Take the money and try to buy ACO original movie poster.
    TRANSPLANTS SAVE LIVES
    www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • I can't decide whether to get Christchurch now or wait for Perth. I love Clockwork Orange, might be my favorite movie ever, but now I don't know.
    Take the money and try to buy ACO original movie poster.

Yeah, I'll never know how I talk myself into these things...sad, really. I'm gonna do just that Hollis.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
    LOve the Clockwork Orange one...blatant rip off or not...cool stuff. There's a lot of Pearl Jam posters that are "ripoffs..."
  • NYCPJNYCPJ Posts: 764
    JV130312 wrote:
    LOve the Clockwork Orange one...blatant rip off or not...cool stuff. There's a lot of Pearl Jam posters that are "ripoffs..."

I dont know that id characterize it as a rip off -- its obvious that its a copy of the famous clockwork orange poster; id call it a tribute. (ie., i dont think the artist is trying to pull a fast one)
    6/3/06 (East Rutherford 2)
    6/24/08 (MSG1)
    6/25/08 (MSG2)
    7/1/08 (Beacon Theater -NYC)
    10/30/09 (Philly3)
    5/18/10 (Newark, NJ)
    5/20/10 (MSG1)
    5/21/10 (MSG2)
    10/18/13 (Brooklyn 1)
    10/19/13 (Brooklyn 2)
    5/1/16 (MSG 1)
    5/2/16 (MSG 2)
    3/30/20 (MSG)
    9/3/24 I(MSG1)
    9/4/24 (MSG 2)
  • t0mMyet0mMye Posts: 821
    Got mine today.
    Ten Club # 433608, when I am 80 I will be in the front row!
  • CranMalReignCranMalReign Posts: 1,928
    NYCPJ wrote:
    JV130312 wrote:

I dont know that id characterize it as a rip off -- its obvious that its a copy of the famous clockwork orange poster; id call it a tribute. (ie., i dont think the artist is trying to pull a fast one)

OK, yes, ripoff with the "pull a fast one" connotation it is not. I'm talking more a "no creativity really used" connotation. I mean, using it as an inspiration and doing your own thing with it is one thing... taking an existing work and putting an ugly face on it is not interesting. It's like 'tru to the original' covers of songs... *yawn*. You're an artist. Do something artful.

Some may disagree with me as to the level of artfulness of that print, and that's ok. :)
    • 98 Pgh
    • 00 Pgh
    • 03 Pgh|Philly|PSU|Camden 1+2|Hershey
    • 04 Boston 1|Reading
    • 05 Philly
    • 06 Camden 1+2|Pgh
    • 08 Camden 1+2|Hartford|Mansfield 2
    • 09 Philly 1 [EV]|Toronto|Spectrum 1-4
    • 10 Cleveland|Buffalo
    • 11 Philly [EV]|PJ20
    • 12 Philly
    • 13 London|Pgh|Buff|Philly 1+2|Balt
    • 14 Cincy|StL
    • 16 Philly 1+2|Philly 2 [TotD]
    • 18 Boston 1+2
  • Diggy381Diggy381 Posts: 165
    I agree with the "not incredibly creative" sentiment though I do think that it is a really cool poster 8-)
  • starmap3333starmap3333 Posts: 3,925
    It's cool if you're a Clockwork Orange fan. I am, so I like it. Maybe I'll put it in the baby's room to scare him. :mrgreen:
  • agusagus Posts: 35

IN MEXICO TODAY!!!!!