has anyone ever seen a version of ten in a wooden box?

jonnyrock1975jonnyrock1975 Posts: 127
edited January 2010 in The Porch
firstly, there isnt a photo of one here, so sorry about that.

secondly, a friend of mine went to china in about 1994 and saw a copy of it in a record shop over there. now, things being what they is, it was more than likely a bootleg (remember kids, this was 1994, well before you could single handedly bring the record industry to its knees with a computer and a decent broadband connection). then again, it might have been official, ive trawled this here internetmachine and have never seen one.

please tell me if you have one and provide me with a photo so after 16 years i can finally get some sleep. for sleep i cannot knowing that theres yet another version of the same album i dont own.

good. bye.
~~ 27 years of nothin' but failures and promises that i couldn't keep ~~
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• good luck..
  • ChrisileinChrisilein Posts: 3,889
    Never heard of a wooden ten box! :o
    up here in my tree in Vienna
    2006: Vienna 2009: Berlin 2010: London ~ Berlin 2012: Amsterdam 1+2 ~ Werchter ~ Arras ~ Berlin 1+2
    2014: Milano ~ Trieste ~ Vienna ~ Berlin 2018: Padova ~ Rome 2022: Budapest ~ Vienna
    EV London/Hammersmith 2012
    EV Berlin/Zitadelle 2017
  • HollisBrownHollisBrown Posts: 4,325
    firstly, there isnt a photo of one here, so sorry about that.

secondly, a friend of mine went to china in about 1994 and saw a copy of it in a record shop over there. now, things being what they is, it was more than likely a bootleg (remember kids, this was 1994, well before you could single handedly bring the record industry to its knees with a computer and a decent broadband connection). then again, it might have been official, ive trawled this here internetmachine and have never seen one.

please tell me if you have one and provide me with a photo so after 16 years i can finally get some sleep. for sleep i cannot knowing that theres yet another version of the same album i dont own.

good. bye.
    As k your friend if the box said Made in USA or Made in China?
    TRANSPLANTS SAVE LIVES
    www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,535
    It might of been a custom fan made job.
  • i_lov_iti_lov_it Posts: 4,007
    TEN in a 'Wooden' Box...Sounds Interesting!... :)
  • i wrote something really funny here. however, my connection crashed. pity that, it would have made you laugh, and perhaps do a little wee.
  • i wrote something really funny here. however, my connection crashed. pity that, it would have made you laugh, and perhaps do a little wee.
    I believe you.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • Didn't SNL do some skit a few years ago "Ten in a box"?
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    Didn't SNL do some skit a few years ago "Ten in a box"?

They did do a skit "you put your pot in it" which I always thought would have been a funny skit for the band to be in on... perhaps with this item. :D
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Posts: 15,056
    Never seen it before and never heard of it....

are you a collector? have you been here? www.pjcollectors.com? generally speaking if its not there it doesnt exist in an official sense
  • im actually glad no ones heard of it, that means i can stop looking for it.
    im actually glad no ones heard of it, that means i can stop looking for it.

So are you a collector? from sheffield? thats really not far from me ;)
  • PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,875
    it was dick in a box (which i know you knew fenway... i got the joke) :)

and you put your WEED in it

:mrgreen:
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    yes, I believe Michael Jackson was holding a copy of Ten on vinyl when he was in his coffin...

and it wasnt the first time he had both hands around 12 inches of black plastic let me tell you!
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,875
    prince albert?
  • pdalowsky wrote:

yes a collector. yes from sheffield. why, where you from?
  • pdalowsky wrote:

yes a collector. yes from sheffield. why, where you from?

i stopped being lazy and looked. yr from sunny doncaster! hello fellow northerner!
    Pm'd ya :)
  • :cry: whats wrong with this southerner ....

nothin, nothin at all.

i think we were both just astounded that we collect pj stuff and we live like 20 miles away from each other.
  • :cry: whats wrong with this southerner ....

nothin, nothin at all.

i think we were both just astounded that we collect pj stuff and we live like 20 miles away from each other.

ok so can you both tell me ...how do you get away without the wife finding out what you spend..as anything over £25 gets that look(you know the one)

and where do you store it all...do you have a pj room..
    my wife just rightly calls me a moron...regularly,

I have a PJ room, and its spilled over into the house...

| know that look - i get it almost every day...its just learning to ignore it that is the key

and remember - nothing ever costs over £25 ;)

i mean look at the reeenk roink - would anyone really think anyone would pay more than £1 at a car boot sale for that if you know what I mean...... :lol:
  • Not so much a pearl jam room for me. More a 'stuff' room. I've been with the missis for 14 years. She knows what I'm like. She also knows that the 'stuff' comes before her! She says so herself... The trick you've got to learn is, when you're in the bad books you're in them. You can't be anymore in the bad books if you just continue to buy stuff... Whatever, basically I'm very fortunate in that my missis knows I'm an absolute idiot who buys weird stuff to make him happy. She loves me and I love her. If she argued with me for buying a fifty quid 7" then it just wouldn't work. She has handbags and shoes. I have records and books. Simple as.