Options

WEATHER

Comments

• Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,472

Threatening to snow, which would give the icy slopes much needed coverage. Quit hogging the snow, East coast!
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,493
    Sunny warm day, like spring!!
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    There are 2 storms en route with 90mph winds over the next two days. Like greys skies and rain wasnt enough! 
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,382
    We're about to get slammed with a lot of snow, wind, ice, rain, etc....

I'm ready for Spring.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    Ok so storm Eunice has taken down lots of neighbours fences, luckily no damage near my house apart from finding some random sheet of tarpalin in the garden.  Roll on spring....
  • Options
    @lastexitlondon, are you safe??..my cousin lives in London, we talk earlier, she so scared..i saw some terrifying videos man..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    Its ok now. It was a bit wild yesterday. Its ok today 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,463
    We have blizzard like condions/warning for ou4 area today. Just took a drive to liquor store and it wasn't nice out there, could barely see a car length in front of me
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,539
    Walked to work today 

• Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    Windy and raining but not a big deal
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,853
    kinda crappy here. cold, windy, was raining/snowing earlier
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    Hope ours Americans friends are safe and warm those days..
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,463
    We getting a 2nd day of blizzard conditions. Shoveling snow isn't going to be fun later
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    BLACK35 said:
    We getting a 2nd day of blizzard conditions. Shoveling snow isn't going to be fun later
    And to ours Canadiens of course !!
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    Hi!Hi! Posts: 3,095
    No matter how cold the winter, there's a springtime ahead

Pretty bad here on the West Coast of MI. Plus we have  lake effect snow to deal with. Im off work until next Tuesday, so I’ll be kicking back smoking’ J’s, drinking coffee, and watching the snow fall. Looks like next week we will have above freezing temps and some rain that will help make some of the snow disappear.

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

• Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,841
    It’s 9 degrees right now in NYC. I have a bunch of errands to run which involve walking around outside quite a bit. I guess it’s time to layer up. 
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    10 degrees here in the NYC suburbs and ice everywhere. Not fun but not too bad.
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,687
    I hope those of you in some of these colder regions are staying safe and as warm as possible.  Sorry for the LOL on the map, I really DO hope you all are well.  Just a little humor to hopefully cheer you up!

May be an image of text that says TODAYS WEATHER JESUS FUCKING CHRIST ITS COLD OUT FUCK FUCK FUCK ITS COLD FUCK FUCKYOU YOU WINTER LOL COLD AS FUCK THIS COLD WEATHER IS FUCKING FUCKED THIS IS SOME FUCKED UP SHIT
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,425
    75 degrees is the forecast for Los Angeles!
  • Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,494
    brianlux said:
    I hope those of you in some of these colder regions are staying safe and as warm as possible.  Sorry for the LOL on the map, I really DO hope you all are well.  Just a little humor to hopefully cheer you up!

May be an image of text that says TODAYS WEATHER JESUS FUCKING CHRIST ITS COLD OUT FUCK FUCK FUCK ITS COLD FUCK FUCKYOU YOU WINTER LOL COLD AS FUCK THIS COLD WEATHER IS FUCKING FUCKED THIS IS SOME FUCKED UP SHIT
    I can verify that this map was correct for me. It was cold AF the last couple of days. 
  • Options
    brianlux said:

I can verify that this map was correct for me. It was cold AF the last couple of days. 

Amazingly widespread cold across the country.  Even out here it was rather chilly until yesterday and today.  On our day-time walks earlier in the week, we both wore hats, sweaters and coats, and gloves.  We are at the 2,000 foot elevation mark so that probably makes a difference.  Likely not as cold in the Bay Area and SoCal.

Stay warn and safe this wintery weekend, JB!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    It's like summer today..
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    edited December 2022
    What a difference a week makes. Freakin’ blizzard last week, like spring last couple days. MI winters aren’t what I remember as a kid. All snow is gone from the blizzard too.

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

• Options
    I actually like a long harsh winter. It makes me much more appreciative of the other 3 seasons or when it’s nice out. Who wants it to be nice out all the time? Lol

• Options
    We're getting tons of rain here.  It's interesting because I had just recently read an article in the NY Times about scientists predicting an increase in "atmospheric rivers" hitting the west coast.  We seem to be getting into a pattern of drought interrupted now and then by deluge of rain.  We had over 6 inches just last night.
    The bummer is that our drainage system is plugged and water is building up badly behind the house and has flooded our enclosed breezeway.  Probably going to need to replace some carpeting and maybe need some wall repair work.  Could be worse- the house and bookstore/garage are OK so far. 
    Rain expected all day to day, a break tomorrow, and then rain much of the week starting Monday.

• Options
    edited December 2022
    brianlux said:
    We're getting tons of rain here.  It's interesting because I had just recently read an article in the NY Times about scientists predicting an increase in "atmospheric rivers" hitting the west coast.  We seem to be getting into a pattern of drought interrupted now and then by deluge of rain.  We had over 6 inches just last night.
    The bummer is that our drainage system is plugged and water is building up badly behind the house and has flooded our enclosed breezeway.  Probably going to need to replace some carpeting and maybe need some wall repair work.  Could be worse- the house and bookstore/garage are OK so far. 
    Rain expected all day to day, a break tomorrow, and then rain much of the week starting Monday.

Shit, I’m tellin’ ya. The river behind our house(Grand River) was highest I had seen it in my lifetime back in ‘20-‘21. A bunch of the houses along the river had to put Dutch drains in their basements to the street because of flooding. Consistent water coming from them for months, if not year round. Now the river is probably lowest i’ve seen it in my lifetime. Haven’t got a lot of snow, besides that 3 day blizzard, and hasn’t rained much either. Growing up the snow would typically start in Nov. and/or Dec. and the ground would be covered throughout winter with a little bit of snow melt here and there. Winters are definitely more mild last few years.  

I am familiar with the atmospheric rivers happening out west due to drought then followed by a deluge of rain. Wishing you luck with everything, B. Might have to dig a ditch, put in some sort of drainage and /or get your drainage system unclogged asap. Hard, if not impossible, to keep up with that much water.

Post edited by Hi! on

• Options
    Hi! said:
    brianlux said:

Shit, I’m tellin’ ya. The river behind our house(Grand River) was highest I had seen it in my lifetime back in ‘20-‘21. A bunch of the houses along the river had to put Dutch drains in their basements to the street because of flooding. Consistent water coming from them for months, if not year round. Now the river is probably lowest i’ve seen it in my lifetime. Haven’t got a lot of snow, besides that 3 day blizzard, and hasn’t rained much either. Growing up the snow would typically start in Nov. and/or Dec. and the ground would be covered throughout winter with a little bit of snow melt here and there. Winters are definitely more mild last few years.  

I am familiar with the atmospheric rivers happening out west due to drought then followed by a deluge of rain. Wishing you luck with everything, B. Might have to dig a ditch, put in some sort of drainage and /or get your drainage system unclogged asap. Hard, if not impossible, to keep up with that much water.

Whoa!  That must have been very scary!  And how the river is the lowest?  Bummer!

We dug and slung mud, rock, and dirt until my back nearly gave out, legs were shaky, and it started to get dark.  Done what we could for the day, and at lest only the enclosed breeze has water so far.  We get a break tomorrow.  
    After a day of ditch digging.  Haven't done this in ages!
    IMG

• Options
    brianlux said:
    Hi! said:
    brianlux said:

Whoa!  That must have been very scary!  And how the river is the lowest?  Bummer!

We dug and slung mud, rock, and dirt until my back nearly gave out, legs were shaky, and it started to get dark.  Done what we could for the day, and at lest only the enclosed breeze has water so far.  We get a break tomorrow.  
    IMG

That sux , lux! Not the best way to end the year. I hope things work out and you have a Happy New Year! Keep on fightin’ brother.

• Options
    Hi! said:
    brianlux said:
    Hi! said:
    brianlux said:

IMG

That sux , lux! Not the best way to end the year. I hope things work out and you have a Happy New Year! Keep on fightin’ brother.

Thanks, Hi.  My best to you for a great new year! :smile:

• Options
    Spring Lake, MI is 36 degrees(F) and cloudy.