Options

WEATHER

Comments

• Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,458
    Finaly...not crazy hot today
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    pissed off its freezing cold here
    when it was a lovely sunny day
  • Options
    bluegracebluegrace Posts: 2,357
    We've had splendid weather all of August, it's been sunny and warm, not hot
    Kool Kat Club 1992, Moderna museet 1992, Globen 2012, Friends arena 2014
  • Options
    its warmer this morning and i think its going to be a lovely day
    just like spring as well too
  • Options
    Hot day and work ..meh
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    its another lovely gorgeous day im all nice and warm inside and out screw it im getting off the net now..
    goodnight all..
  • Options
    im in ac..no clue
  • Options
    It's cold and it looks like it's going to rain
  • Options
    Lovely day
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Humidity is supposed to dissipate today.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    nice lovely weather very much so and im all warm in my body but im not happy in it bc im battered and bruised and cant enjoy it till im happier and content with things...
  • Options
    I love this day
  • Options
    was another gorgeous day just like spring
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,741
    edited August 2015
    Bigass windstorm. Power's out! :frowning:
    The lights were flickering for a while, so I quickly had a shower and blow-dried my hair before the inevitable happened and i ended up with a cold shower and a tumble weed on my head. Hair finished exactly 20 seconds after the lights finally went out. Yay.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,844
    PJ_Soul said:

The lights were flickering for a while, so I quickly had a shower and blow-dried my hair before the inevitable happened and i ended up with a cold shower and a tumble weed on my head. Hair finished exactly 20 seconds after the lights finally went out. Yay.

We have the same wind and rain storm but thankfully our power is still functional. I got in my usual Saturday morning bike ride today but cycling against the wind coming back made me feel like I had the strength of a cotton puff. On the bright side, I didn't get beaned by any of the falling tree limbs.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    edited August 2015

PJ_Soul said:

We have the same wind and rain storm but thankfully our power is still functional. I got in my usual Saturday morning bike ride today but cycling against the wind coming back made me feel like I had the strength of a cotton puff. On the bright side, I didn't get beaned by any of the falling tree limbs.
    You're lucky! There are trees down all over, even across streets in downtown vancouver. The skytrain line's been hit too (one tree actually appears to have hit a moving train). 200,000 people in metro van without power, and counting (and apparently 911 is not working?! Whaaaa? Read that on Twitter). And the BC Hydro website is down. And so is their outage call line. It's probably going to be a looong time before we get power again. Bummer.

Still 5 hours before my plans for the evening start, and 84% battery left on my phone, lol.... Time for a nap I guess. :tongue:
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Now 300,000 in metro Van without power. :frowning:
    And for some weird reason, I don't have cell phone service either. Have bars. Calls just drop before ringing.
  • Options
    another lovely day outside and im all warm..
    pitty i dont feel well..
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    12 hours without power now (went out and there was a very weird chaotic vibe around town. And a woman got crushed by a tree in front of her daughter. :frowning: ) ..... the extent of my desire for electricity after only 12 hours is pretty pathetic and shameful.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

12 hours without power now (went out and there was a very weird chaotic vibe around town. And a woman got crushed by a tree in front of her daughter. :frowning: ) ..... the extent of my desire for electricity after only 12 hours is pretty pathetic and shameful.

oh sounds horrible dont open the freezer door or the air will make everything defrost if the powers been out a while
    i certainly dont miss storms

like winter ''or'' love spring
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    JWPearl said:

PJ_Soul said:

oh sounds horrible dont open the freezer door or the air will make everything defrost if the powers been out a while

Yes, I'm starting to wonder about the stuff in the fridge!
    The destruction is pretty profound for here. I walked maybe 10 blocks, and saw MANY houses with trees on top of them, lots of crushed fences, several roads blocked by a tree (including the highway), and a big tree fell right onto the playground in the park near my place. It's pretty crazy for these parts! ... ugh. And I'm down to 5% on my phone.
    I did find a pub that had power with a friend though, and hadn't seen her for a while, so still a good night. :)
  • Options
    Great day..for a walk
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

JWPearl said:

PJ_Soul said:

Yes, I'm starting to wonder about the stuff in the fridge!
    The destruction is pretty profound for here. I walked maybe 10 blocks, and saw MANY houses with trees on top of them, lots of crushed fences, several roads blocked by a tree (including the highway), and a big tree fell right onto the playground in the park near my place. It's pretty crazy for these parts! ... ugh. And I'm down to 5% on my phone.
    I did find a pub that had power with a friend though, and hadn't seen her for a while, so still a good night. :)
    Wow. Sorry to hear it got so bad over there. The destruction is much less here, and I don't think anyone lost power. My brother and his family live in the Mt. Pleasant area and there is a tree down on a house and blocking the road in their block, but thankfully they were spared.
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    Still no power. 24 hours now...
    I am sitting in a London Drugs stealing their power. It took me half an hour just to find an outlet not already being used - there are people just lying all over the floor in the mall because there are periodic outlets embedded in the floors. :lol: Some people aren't figuring out what's going on so there are a lot of people who just think walked into crazytown. :lol: (i personally am not willing to lie on the floor in public for the internet... i looked a little harder and found an outlet and a shitty $99 futon to hang out on. :tongue:
  • Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,836
    The pics from down south sure are scary, hopefully everyone gets power back soon. My favorite part is all the tweets asking BCHydro if the are going to pay for the expired food etc., have any of those people looked outside - BC Hydro did not do this.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    lovely stormy day on the last day of winter
  • Options

The pics from down south sure are scary, hopefully everyone gets power back soon. My favorite part is all the tweets asking BCHydro if the are going to pay for the expired food etc., have any of those people looked outside - BC Hydro did not do this.

SMH. I had not heard people were asking that, lol.
    What I can't believe is how many people call 911 because they've got a tree blocking their driveway or because a tree fell on their parked car. Apparently there were even thousends simply calling 911 because their power was out!! image There were so many of these idiots that no one could get through to 911 for a few hours and people having real emergencies were shit out of luck.
  • Options
    its just a gorgeous lovely day and im loving it very much
    first day of spring and i feel like a bird in its nest enjoying
    the warmth..
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,730
    Lovely grey morning..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    PJ_Soul, I hope your are fully powered and ready to go by now.

There was a big tree down across my bike trail yesterday morning but it was possible to shove the bike under and crawl under. That was the only downed tree I saw but plenty of branches.