Recipes

Comments

• Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,851
    how to cook a strip steak indoors:
    go to store
    buy prime (although some choice strips are excellent) strip steak, around 14 oz is perfect for me, and not super thick
    go home
    turn on broiler
    unwrap steak
    sprinkle with a little chili powder, garlic powder (NOT garlic salt) and black pepper on both sides-do not over season just enough to coat
    let steak sit on counter or kitchen table until almost at room temperature 15 mins or so
    season with salt
    place broiler pan on top oven rack and broil steak 3-4 mins on one side until a nice crust develops
    turn over
    broil 3 mins on the other side (adjust times depending on thickness-but keep an eye on it-they go fast under the broiler)
    remove steak from oven-let it sit for at least 5 minutes under tented foil

for those really thick steaks, after searing under broiler, turn oven heat down to 350, place steak on the middle oven rack (in foil if you wish) and let cook an additional 5-10 minutes until cooked through

serve with your favorite potato dish and a spinach salad, asparagus, grilled/roasted veggies, roasted grape tomatoes or sauteed mushrooms and spinach-see mushroom thread for recipe. ;)
  • prismprism Posts: 2,440
    had this for dinner saturday night and it was unbelievable!

Peanut Noodles With Shrimp
    From the May 2005 Issue
    Related Links

Want to feel alert and energized? Repeat after us: protein, protein, protein. Here's a way to get lots of it, with very little saturated fat. (For an equally high-energy vegetarian version of this dish, substitute 12 ounces firm tofu, drained and cut in 1-inch cubes, for the shrimp.)
    Serves 4
    INGREDIENTS

* 1 teaspoon canola oil
    * 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
    * 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
    * 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
    * 4 teaspoons rice vinegar
    * 1/2 teaspoon Asian chili sauce (or 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes)
    * 1/3 cup natural-style smooth peanut butter
    * 1/2 cup lower-sodium nonfat chicken broth
    * 1/2 teaspoon salt
    * 8 oz spaghetti
    * 12 oz medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
    * 1 red bell pepper, cored, seeded and julienned
    * 1 cup snow peas
    * 1 carrot, peeled and julienned

PREPARATION

Heat oil over medium-high heat in a saucepan. Add ginger and garlic; cook, stirring, 2 minutes. Add soy sauce, vinegar, chili sauce, peanut butter, broth, and salt; cook, stirring, until peanut butter dissolves. Simmer over low heat 7 minutes until thick and smooth. Meanwhile, cook spaghetti in salted boiling water 7 minutes. Add shrimp; cook 4 minutes. Add bell pepper and snow peas; cook 1 minute longer. Drain. Toss pasta and vegetables with peanut sauce and carrot.

the skinny

491 calories per serving, 15 g fat (2 g saturated), 57 g carbs, 32 g protein

i make something similar with stir fried chicken breast strips and a few other changes like lime juice instead of the vinegar...

but i think i'll try this one with shrimp....it sounds yumm...thanks :)
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    angels share laughter
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
  • prism wrote:

From the May 2005 Issue
    Related Links

Want to feel alert and energized? Repeat after us: protein, protein, protein. Here's a way to get lots of it, with very little saturated fat. (For an equally high-energy vegetarian version of this dish, substitute 12 ounces firm tofu, drained and cut in 1-inch cubes, for the shrimp.)
    Serves 4
    INGREDIENTS

* 1 teaspoon canola oil
    * 1/2 teaspoon salt
    * 8 oz spaghetti
    * 1 cup snow peas

PREPARATION

Heat oil over medium-high heat in a saucepan. Add ginger and garlic; cook, stirring, 2 minutes. Add soy sauce, vinegar, chili sauce, peanut butter, broth, and salt; cook, stirring, until peanut butter dissolves. Simmer over low heat 7 minutes until thick and smooth. Meanwhile, cook spaghetti in salted boiling water 7 minutes. Add shrimp; cook 4 minutes. Add bell pepper and snow peas; cook 1 minute longer. Drain. Toss pasta and vegetables with peanut sauce and carrot.

the skinny

i make something similar with stir fried chicken breast strips and a few other changes like lime juice instead of the vinegar...

it is truly unreal good!

and, bump for BD.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• LizardjamLizardjam Posts: 1,121
    prism wrote:

From the May 2005 Issue
    Related Links

Serves 4
    INGREDIENTS

* 1 teaspoon canola oil
    * 1/2 teaspoon salt
    * 8 oz spaghetti
    * 1 cup snow peas

PREPARATION

the skinny

I can't wait to make this when i'm off the phase 1 of the south beach diet!!! They have a roasted cauliflower recipe I'll have to find and post later. It's GOOOD! And i don't even like cauliflower.
    bugs in the way...I feel about you

"New music, new friends. Pearl Jam."

I like our socks. I hear we make a fine sock. I always say, You might not love our records, but I think you'll like our socks. - Stone

"This record is us speaking out in class." -EV on PJ
  • i made this yesterday, it's already gone.

chicken wing dip

8oz chunky bleu cheese salad dressing
    8oz block of cream cheese
    3/4 cup frank's hot sauce (or any other hot sauce you like)
    2-3 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
    1 package shredded cheddar cheese

boil chicken breasts for 30-45 minutes.
    mix together 8oz chunky bleu cheese salad dressing, 8oz block of softened cream cheese, 3/4 cup hot sauce.
    when chicken is done, shred it and add it to the mix.
    spread into 13x9 casserole dish.
    sprinkle shredded cheddar cheese over top.
    bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes.
    eat with tortilla chips (i prefer tostito's scoops)
    9/1/00, 9/2/00, 9/3/00, 12/31/00, 3/2/01, 4/29/01, 6/21/01, 7/25/01, 8/31/01, 9/1/01, 9/2/01, 4/18/02, 8/30/02, 8/31/02, 8/31/02, 9/1/02, 9/22/02, 3/22/03, 5/6/03, 6/29/03, 8/29/03, 8/30/03, 8/30/03, 8/31/03, 2/21/04, 4/2/04, 4/3/04, 9/3/04, 9/4/04, 9/4/04, 9/5/04, 2/19/05, 7/22/05, 9/2/05, 9/3/05, 9/3/05, 9/4/05, 1/22/06, 6/7/06, 9/1/06, 9/2/06, 9/2/06, 9/3/06, 7/6/07, 8/31/07, 9/1/07, 9/1/07, 9/2/07, 3/7/08, 8/29/08, 8/30/08, 8/30/08, 8/31/08, 7/11/09, 6/4/10, 6/11/11
  • decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,977
    just came across this recipe earlier. sounds so delish and healthy!

Elise's Sesame Noodles Recipe

2 Servings

Nutritional Info (Per serving):
    Calories: 345, Saturated Fat: 2g, Sodium: 542mg, Dietary Fiber: 10g, Total Fat: 12g, Carbs: 51g, Cholesterol: 0mg, Protein: 12g

Prep Time: 10 mins
    Cook Time: 11 mins
    Total Time: 21 mins

Ingredients

* 4 oz. pasta, spaghetti, whole wheat
    * 1/8 cup(s) soy sauce, reduced-sodium
    * 1/2 tablespoon oil, sesame
    * 1/2 tablespoon oil, canola
    * 1/2 tablespoon vinegar, rice wine, or lime juice
    * 1/2 teaspoon pepper, red, crushed
    * 1/4 cup scallions , sliced and divided, (optional)
    * 1/4 cilantro, fresh, chopped, divided, (optional)
    * 1 cup snow pea pods, trimmed and sliced on the bias
    * 1/2 medium pepper, red, bell, thinly sliced
    * 1/8 cup(s) sesame seeds, toasted

Preparation
    1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook spaghetti until just tender, 9 to 11 minutes or according to package directions. Drain; rinse under cold water.
    2. Meanwhile, whisk soy sauce, sesame oil, canola oil, vinegar (or lime juice), crushed red pepper, 1/4 cup scallions and 1 tablespoon cilantro (if using). Add noodles, snow peas and bell pepper; toss to coat.
    3. To serve, mix in sesame seeds and garnish with the remaining scallions and cilantro.

oh and mr. dream and i had the peanut noodles with shrimp for dinner last night, 2nd time he's made the recipe now, it was soooooooooooo good! :thumbup:
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• -Buru--Buru- Posts: 1,292
    after reading through all of this.... yumm
    Will eventually try out some of these
    I am just a dreamer, but you are just a dream...
    If I knew where it was I would take you there.

• This is the easiest pineapple cake ever... its from two aussie ladies who have made a "4 Ingredients" cookbooks and they are to die for.. here is the cake recipe and icing recipe .. yummo!

2 cups self-raising flour
    1 cup sugar
    450g can crushed pineapple
    Method

1. Sift flour into a mixing bowl and combine with sugar. Add pineapple and mix well. Pour into a greased cake tin and bake at 180C for 40 minutes.

Optional: For best results bake in a ring cake tin.

Cake Icing

* 400g can condensed milk
    * 1/3 butter melted
    * 1 cup shredded coconut
    * 1/2 tsp. Vanilla

Method

* Combine condensed milk and melted margarine and bring to boil. Stirring constantly, boil for 4 minutes. Add coconut and mix. While mixture is hot, spread over cooled cake.

Notes And Tips

Optional: The above amounts cover the entire cake, lid and sides. If, however, you just want to cover the lid use half of the ingredients.
  • LauriLauri Posts: 748
    I am not a chef in the least, and this isn't really a recipe per se because there's nothing exact about it, but I love brussel sprouts and everyone else seems to hate them, so I thought I would share an awesome way to cook them. They are extremely healthy.

Cut them in half so you get a cross section of the leaves. Then put them in a bowl and mix them with olive oil, sea salt and any other spices you like- I use basil, oregano, and a tiny bit of red pepper. Them I put them in a baking dish in a super hot oven and let them cook until the leaves brown and get crunchy.

mmm. that's about the only thing I can cook :).
    Lauri wrote:
    I am not a chef in the least, and this isn't really a recipe per se because there's nothing exact about it, but I love brussel sprouts and everyone else seems to hate them, so I thought I would share an awesome way to cook them. They are extremely healthy.

Cut them in half so you get a cross section of the leaves. Then put them in a bowl and mix them with olive oil, sea salt and any other spices you like- I use basil, oregano, and a tiny bit of red pepper. Them I put them in a baking dish in a super hot oven and let them cook until the leaves brown and get crunchy.

mmm. that's about the only thing I can cook :).
    that sounds good
    I do something similar except I cut them up a bit more, leave out the herbs and add toasted walnuts to the mix-sometimes I add raisins and blanched bacon as well. YUM
  • Red Mosquito75Red Mosquito75 Posts: 1,034
    anyone have a good garlic french fries recipe?
    This is Not For You
    alrighty, THIS.....is awesome!

http://www.realsimple.com/food-recipes/ ... index.html

Asian Dumpling Soup With Shiitakes and Edamame

Serves 4 Hands-On Time: 25m Total Time: 25m

Ingredients

* 2 32-ounce containers low-sodium chicken broth
    * 1 2-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and thinly sliced
    * 1 16-ounce package frozen pot sticker dumplings or Japanese gyoza
    * 2 medium carrots, halved lengthwise and sliced
    * 4 ounces shiitake or white mushrooms, stems discarded and caps thinly sliced
    * 2 cups frozen shelled edamame
    * 1 bunch watercress, thick stems removed (about 3 cups)
    * kosher salt
    * 4 scallions, sliced

Directions

1. In a large saucepan, bring the broth and ginger to a boil. Add the pot stickers and carrots and simmer until just tender, 8 to 10 minutes.
    2. Add the mushrooms and edamame and simmer until heated through, about 2 minutes.
    3. Stir in the watercress, soy sauce, and ½ teaspoon salt. Sprinkle with the scallions before serving.

By Kate Merker, March 2010

Quick Tip
    Keep edamame in the freezer for quick snacks and party starters.
    Nutritional Information

* Per Serving
    * Calories 327

* Fat 9g
    * Sat Fat 2g
    * Cholesterol 25mg
    * Sodium 889mg
    * Protein 29g
    * Carbohydrate 35g
    * Sugar 8g
    * Fiber 6g
    * Iron 4mg
    * Calcium 117mg

had this for dinner last night and it was FANTASTIC!
    we used trader joe's chicken-veggie gyoza dumplings.
    we had it one time before, but for whatever reason, while it was good.....last night was even BETTER. dunno if hubby perfected his technique or amped up particular ingredients but it was just crazy yummy!

oh, and we do NOT add watercress or salt, and used white button mushrooms.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Lauri wrote:

Sprouts seem to be a problem for a lot of people (me included!). I hate them just plain boiled. To make them palatable I stir fry them. I first fry streaky bacon cut in to strips about 1/2 in width maximum, add the sprout shich have been sliced (but make sure you don't cut the stem bit too short so they keep their shape), toss around for a couple of minutes, add toasted sliced almonds, toss to heat up the almonds then serve.

The sprouts are still a bit crunchy and don't have that 'I'm never going to be able to digest' this feel to them.

On another note... felt like making banoffee pie to use up very ripe bananas this afternoon, but I don't have cream (and it's raining so I'm not going to the shops!). Will have to make do with banana bread!
  • morellomorello Posts: 6,212
    Braised Lamb Shanks with Garlic and Port
    Serves: 4-6
    hCef: Annabel Langbein, as heard on Saturday Morning with National Radio, Kim Hill Saturday, June 11, 2004
    Ingredients
    * 2 tbsp flour
    * salt and freshly ground black pepper
    * 8 lamb shanks
    * 3 tbsp oil
    * 4 whole heads garlic, halved crosswise
    * 2 tbsp tomato paste
    * 1 tsp brown sugar
    * few drops hot pepper sauce
    * 1 & 1/2 cups full-bodied red wine
    * 1 cup port
    * 2 sprigs rosemary, stalks removed and leaves chopped
    * 2 cups beef or lamb stock
    Comments
    These shanks can be cooked up to two days ahead and kept chilled, or kept frozen for longer
    Method
    Preheat the oven to 180ºC. Place the flour, salt and a generous grind of pepper in a clean plastic bag. Add the shanks and shake to coat lightly. Heat the oil in a large, heavy-based pan and brown the shanks in batches.
    Transfer to a large baking dish with the garlic halves. Discard any excess fat from the pan, add the tomato paste and cook for a minute or two to let the flavour develop. Add the remaining ingredients and bring to a fast simmer. Stir well to lift any pan sediment, then pour over the meat.
    Cover and bake for 2 hours. (If serving at once, cook for 2 & 1/2 to 3 hours or until very tender.) Cool, chill and remove any fat from the top. To reheat, bring back to room temperature, then cook for a further 1 hour at 160ºC. Serve the shanks with a garlic half and the sauce. Accompany with mashed potato and peas and beans. For variation, separate and peel the raw garlic cloves and add to the sauce before baking the shanks.

eta. Drat that's not the recipe I thought it was. There's this other lamb shanks recipe where you just throw a whole lot of lamb shanks, tim of tomatoes, tin of chickpeas(garbanzo in US I think), currants, garlic, wine, chicken stock, salt & pepper & that's about it I think then put it in the oven for few hours - YUM YUM!
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
    ok, this looks and sounds awesome:

Spicy Coconut Noodles

Serves 4 Hands-On Time: 15m Total Time: 20m
    Ingredients

* 8 ounces rice noodles or fettuccine
    * 1 13.5-ounce can unsweetened coconut milk
    * 3 tablespoons tomato paste
    * 1 teaspoon chili powder
    * 1 teaspoon kosher salt
    * 1 tablespoon chili paste or sauce (optional)
    * 3 scallions, thinly sliced
    * 8 ounces bean sprouts
    * 16 basil leaves, whole or torn
    * 1/4 cup shredded coconut, toasted (optional)

Directions

1. Cook the noodles according to the package directions.
    2. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, over medium heat, combine the coconut milk, tomato paste, chili powder, salt, and chili paste or sauce (if using). Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 2 to 3 minutes.
    3. Stir in the drained noodles and toss. Divide the noodles among individual bowls. Top with the scallions, sprouts, basil, and coconut (if using).

By Sara Quessenberry, April 2006

Quick Tip
    To toast shredded coconut, scatter it on a baking sheet and place in a 350° F oven until it's golden, 3 to 5 minutes. Watch carefully: It goes from toasted to scorched in seconds.

Nutritional Information

* Per Serving
    * Calories 480Calories From Fat 44%
    * Fat 25g
    * Sat Fat 19g
    * Cholesterol 0mg
    * Sodium 720mg
    * Carbohydrate 58g
    * Fiber 2g
    * Sugar 4g
    * Protein 12g
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• moe.ron wrote:
    i made this yesterday, it's already gone.

chicken wing dip

mix together 8oz chunky bleu cheese salad dressing, 8oz block of softened cream cheese, 3/4 cup hot sauce.
    DAMN! This sounds like it would be OFF THE CHAIN!!
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • moe.ron wrote:
    i made this yesterday, it's already gone.

chicken wing dip

DAMN! This sounds like it would be OFF THE CHAIN!!
    I fixed this yesterday and it is indeed OFF THE CHAIN!!! Make you slap yo momma
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
    alrighty, THIS.....is awesome!

http://www.realsimple.com/food-recipes/ ... index.html

Asian Dumpling Soup With Shiitakes and Edamame

Serves 4 Hands-On Time: 25m Total Time: 25m

Ingredients

* 2 32-ounce containers low-sodium chicken broth
    * 1 2-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and thinly sliced
    * 1 16-ounce package frozen pot sticker dumplings or Japanese gyoza
    * 2 medium carrots, halved lengthwise and sliced
    * 4 ounces shiitake or white mushrooms, stems discarded and caps thinly sliced
    * 2 cups frozen shelled edamame
    * 1 bunch watercress, thick stems removed (about 3 cups)
    * kosher salt
    * 4 scallions, sliced

Directions

1. In a large saucepan, bring the broth and ginger to a boil. Add the pot stickers and carrots and simmer until just tender, 8 to 10 minutes.
    2. Add the mushrooms and edamame and simmer until heated through, about 2 minutes.
    3. Stir in the watercress, soy sauce, and ½ teaspoon salt. Sprinkle with the scallions before serving.

By Kate Merker, March 2010

Quick Tip
    Keep edamame in the freezer for quick snacks and party starters.
    Nutritional Information

* Per Serving
    * Calories 327

* Fat 9g
    * Sat Fat 2g
    * Cholesterol 25mg
    * Sodium 889mg
    * Protein 29g
    * Carbohydrate 35g
    * Sugar 8g
    * Fiber 6g
    * Iron 4mg
    * Calcium 117mg

had this for dinner last night and it was FANTASTIC!
    we used trader joe's chicken-veggie gyoza dumplings.
    we had it one time before, but for whatever reason, while it was good.....last night was even BETTER. dunno if hubby perfected his technique or amped up particular ingredients but it was just crazy yummy!

oh, and we do NOT add watercress or salt, and used white button mushrooms.

couldn't remember if i posted this recipe or not...and here it is. :geek:
    just have to reiterate, this shit is AWESOME
    had it for dinner again last night.....sooooo good!
    mr. dream made extra so i can have it again for dinner tonight as i am on my own. :mrgreen:
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

if you want a simple and light sauce, perfect for heavy pastas such as ravioli, tortellini, gnocchi.....give this a whirl:

3 tablespoons olive oil
    1/2 cup white wine

1 dried tablespoon of each:
    parsley
    basil
    crushed red pepper

1 clove crushed garlic

heat oil and add herbs & garlic
    stir for a couple of minutes, add wine, let simmer down approx 5 minutes

serves 2 - so adjust accordingly for more dinners.

SO GOOD!
    :geek:
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    I just moved into my new apartment and want to start cooking (i'm a student!!).

I really want to make nice puddings, beginning with cheesecake because it's one of my favourites. Anyone got any really simple recipes for cheesecakes or other puddings that they could give me to get me some experience for the more complex and better things?
    :D
    cheesecakes are really simple to make
    the crust is the tricky part

google is your friend
    Get_Right wrote:

google is your friend

Google indeed but some crushed oreos(blond or chocolate) always work with a little butter. Or grahams and butter.

I like our socks. I hear we make a fine sock. I always say, You might not love our records, but I think you'll like our socks. - Stone

• LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    This is really a "kid's" recipe but seems appropriate for this place!! ;)

It is good for breakfast or dinner (with salad) and leftovers wrapped in a warmed tortilla makes a good good breakfast burrito!! :D

Emeril's Tater Tots 'n Cheese Bake

Ingredients
    2 teaspoons butter
    2 eggs
    2 cups whole milk
    salt
    white pepper ( I just use regular black pepper myself)
    2 cups yellow cheddar cheese grated
    2 cups white cheddar cheese grated
    1 cup ham, diced (you can get those Farmer John hamsteaks and cut up)
    2 lb. bag frozen tater tots, thawed (brand of your choice)

Directions

1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
    2. Grease a 9 by 9 by 2-inch square baking dish with the butter. (I use 9x12 pan)
    3. In a mixing bowl, whisk the eggs and milk together.
    4. Season the mixture with salt and pepper.
    5. Add 1 cup of the yellow cheddar cheese, 1 cup of the white cheddar cheese, the ham and the tater tots.
    6. Mix the mixture thoroughly.
    7. Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and sprinkle the top with the remaining cheese.
    8. Place in the oven and bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
    Lizard wrote:
    This is really a "kid's" recipe but seems appropriate for this place!! ;)

It is good for breakfast or dinner (with salad) and leftovers wrapped in a warmed tortilla makes a good good breakfast burrito!! :D

Emeril's Tater Tots 'n Cheese Bake

Ingredients
    2 teaspoons butter
    2 eggs
    2 cups whole milk
    salt
    white pepper ( I just use regular black pepper myself)
    2 cups yellow cheddar cheese grated
    2 cups white cheddar cheese grated
    1 cup ham, diced (you can get those Farmer John hamsteaks and cut up)
    2 lb. bag frozen tater tots, thawed (brand of your choice)

Directions

1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
    2. Grease a 9 by 9 by 2-inch square baking dish with the butter. (I use 9x12 pan)
    3. In a mixing bowl, whisk the eggs and milk together.
    4. Season the mixture with salt and pepper.
    5. Add 1 cup of the yellow cheddar cheese, 1 cup of the white cheddar cheese, the ham and the tater tots.
    6. Mix the mixture thoroughly.
    7. Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and sprinkle the top with the remaining cheese.
    8. Place in the oven and bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until the top is golden brown.

This is so not diet friendly but it sounds so good that I might still have to make it sometime soon!

La Toaste Exquisite:

2 slices bread (white or wholegrain)
    Butter/Jam/Spread

Place bread into toaster at medium setting until ready
    Spread with your choice of either butter, jam or any other spread
    Serves 1

ha! i just read this one. Nice.

I went back to see if I posted these but, I didn't see them. They're really good. I found the recipe on a South Beach diet forum. I use a spicy salsa to give it a kick. I would also cook them on parchment. They stick to foil if the juices leak at all.

Oven Fried Chimichangas

2/3 cup your favorite salsa
    1 small tomato, chopped
    1 teaspoon ground cumin
    1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves, crushed
    1 1/2 cups cooked chicken, chopped
    1 cup shredded lf cheddar cheese
    2 green onions, chopped with some tops (about 1/4 cup)
    6 (8 inch) WW flour tortillas
    2 tablespoons olive oil
    shredded LF cheddar cheese, for serving
    chopped green onions, for serving
    picante sauce, for serving

1. Mix chicken, salsa, cumin, tomato, oregano, cheese and onions.
    2. Place about 1/4 cup of the chicken mixture in the center of each tortilla.
    3. Fold opposite sides over filling.
    4. Roll up from bottom and place seam-side down on a baking sheet.
    5. Brush with olive oil.
    6. Bake at 400°F for 25 minutes or until golden.
    7. Garnish with additional cheese and green onion and serve salsa on the side.

edited July 2010
    Lizardjam wrote:
    Get_Right wrote:

google is your friend

Google indeed but some crushed oreos(blond or chocolate) always work with a little butter. Or grahams and butter.
    grahams all the way!
    that tater tot thing sounds disgusting and it should be submitted to http://www.thisiswhyyourefat.com/

but those chimmys sound good!
    We have been making lots of quesadillas on the grill this summer
    kids love em and so darn easy
    we use the smaller, low fat tortillas-easier for the kids to eat
    shrimp and chicken mostly (grilled or steamed), mexican blend cheese and roasted poblanos
    with fresh salsa (tomatoes, red onion, jalapenos, cilantro, lime juice) and a cumin sour cream sauce (low fat sour cream, cumin and smoked paprika to taste).
    Pickled jalapenos for the adults!
    Post edited by Get_Right on
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    Get_Right wrote:
    that tater tot thing sounds disgusting and it should be submitted to http://www.thisiswhyyourefat.com/

well it's not. :D
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
    Get_Right wrote:
    Lizardjam wrote:
    Get_Right wrote:

google is your friend

grahams all the way!

but those chimmys sound good!
    We have been making lots of quesadillas on the grill this summer
    kids love em and so darn easy
    we use the smaller, low fat tortillas-easier for the kids to eat
    shrimp and chicken mostly (grilled or steamed), mexican blend cheese and roasted poblanos
    with fresh salsa (tomatoes, red onion, jalapenos, cilantro, lime juice) and a cumin sour cream sauce (low fat sour cream, cumin and smoked paprika to taste).
    Pickled jalapenos for the adults!

Those quesadilla sound good. The chimis are good for freezing too and just sticking in the oven when you've forgotten to defrost some meat or something for dinner! :o

On the tater tot thingy...it does look amazingly fattening but I'd use fat free milk, and low fat cheese. I swear I will try it at least once. It just sounds gooooooooooooood! I just lost 20lbs so even if I made it i'd HAVE to modify it and not eat that much. Sounds perfect for hosting a Pay Per View fight...then everyone else can eat the rest!

EDIT: I clicked on your link. I feel like vomiting. That was just gross!!!!!!!

Lizard wrote:
    well it's not. :D
    If you are happy, Im happy :D
    Lizardjam wrote:

EDIT: I clicked on your link. I feel like vomiting. That was just gross!!!!!!!
    hahahaha
    meat tank :lol::lol:
    it is kinda silly

I think you might need to add some macaroni or some crumbled french toast to that tater tot casserole in order to qualify for that site