Options

Will someone give the tenclub a break

pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,691
edited February 2008 in The Porch
Sure the guys have made a mistake, its not intentional and they will do what they can to sort it out, they provide a service, and are reliant on other factors. Clearly their system failed on this occasion, the demand must have been phenomenal......its only the fact that eddie is so damn good that this has happened, sure he could have played huge venues but is that what you really want? It wouldnt work, and it wouldnt be as good.

Why dont we give the tenclub a chance to apologise once they rectify the problem and find their route outta this. Theres so much bitching going on its amazing. Ticketmaster still have tickets (sure they may charge $10 in charges but so fucking what) - so have a go then and if you fail sure thats a kick in the ass..... but apart from a crap website we can't exactly blame the tenclub for this.....

I'm sure when they realise the problem and the heartache they've caused they will attempt to put it right.

I think my point is that everyone makes mistake, it cant be easy tryin to keep eevry tour hungry fan of the biggest band in the world (in me eyes) happy every single time, and lets give them a break. They don't have to do what they do, they could just fuck it all off and give the lot to ticketmaster. For me I quite like the tenclub options.

In the end it turns out that I'm not so pissed off after all with being in the Uk, sounds like a nightmare and very frustrating all round, and maybe when Eddie/PJ come to England later this year all these issues will be ironed out and I'll get a tciket dead easy.........well I can only hope can't I on all counts....
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    I concur :cool:
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • Options
    so what are you suggesting we break first???????
    PEARL JAM~Lubbock, TX. 10~18~00
    PEARL JAM~San Antonio, TX. 4~5~03
    INCUBUS~Houston, TX. 1~19~07
    INCUBUS~Denver, CO. 2~8~07
    Lollapalooza~Chicago, IL. 8~5~07
    INCUBUS~Austin, TX. 9~3~07
    Bonnaroo~Manchester, TN 6~14~08
  • Options
    HinnyHinny Posts: 1,610
    so what are you suggesting we break first???????
    Kat and Sea's readiness to utilise the merge function
    Binary solo..000000100000111100001110
  • Options
    AbuskedtiAbuskedti Posts: 1,917
    The 10 club is a gift I am greatful for..
  • Options
    Down with the establishment.
    End the tyranny!
    Overthrow the oppressors.
    Liberate the tickets!
    Kill Whitey!

We must seek blood.
    We have been wronged,
    and we must avenge our losses!
    If I was to smile and I held out my hand
    If I opened it now would you not understand?
  • Options
    Down with the establishment.
    End the tyranny!
    Overthrow the oppressors.
    Liberate the tickets!
    Kill Whitey!

We must seek blood.
    We have been wronged,
    and we must avenge our losses!

I needed that laff

thank you
  • Options
    i hope Kat and Sea get a holiday soon :eek:
    wah
  • Options
    i hope Kat and Sea get a holiday soon :eek:

like a permanent one??????
  • Options
    like a permanent one??????

no, that would be just silly :D any forum members you suggest that may be able to handle the job for awile? :eek:
    wah
  • Options
    no, that would be just silly :D any forum members you suggest that may be able to handle the job for awile? :eek:

I wouldn't want that responsibility, that's for sure
  • Options
    I wouldn't want that responsibility, that's for sure

that makes two of us... :eek:

i think kat/sea are superhuman/bot-like species, it's the only way
    wah
  • Options
    that makes two of us... :eek:

i think kat/sea are superhuman/bot-like species, it's the only way

I'm sure Kat has an assistant and Sea does too

if they don't, they should.........
  • Options
    I'm sure Kat has an assistant and Sea does too

if they don't, they should.........

good point.. i bet they have them from all over the world.. would be hard to have 'em both in one timezone :eek:
    wah
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure tenclub is much smaller than people think.....
  • Options
    Kat + Sea = Legends :cool:
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • Options
    good point.. i bet they have them from all over the world.. would be hard to have 'em both in one timezone :eek:

no I would say they are from Seattle

seriously

matter of fact I can say for sure that Kat is

Sea, I have no idea
  • Options
    Kat + Sea = Legends :cool:

bump

if for no other reason, they have to put up with assholes like me

hahahahaha
  • Options
    no I would say they are from Seattle

seriously

matter of fact I can say for sure that Kat is

Sea, I have no idea

well obviously Sea... lives under the sea.. ;)

it could happen!!
    wah
  • Options
    The thing is guys if Ed does just think I'll check out that site 9this one), can you imagine what he'd think....you spoilt bastards, fuck doing anymore solo dates, far more hassle than its worth....

Certainly makes good stock of his comment at that little show he did recently, when he said the crowd were unlike the usual PJ crowd, perhaps he had a point.
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    pdalowsky wrote:
    Certainly makes good stock of his comment at that little show he did recently, when he said the crowd were unlike the usual PJ crowd, perhaps he had a point.
    With all due respect to Ed.....
    it wasn't pj playing.
  • Options
    oh common
  • Options
    or should i have said 'oh come on'....doh
  • Options
    pdalowsky wrote:

lh.jpg

even this would have sufficed!
    wah
  • Options
    pdalowsky wrote:
    No, i'm serious. Anyone that thinks an EV solo show is the same as going to see Pearl Jam is not on the same page as me. That's all i'm saying. So i'm not arguing with you about it, that's how i feel. For me there is no comparison. They are completely different. Both can be awesome experiences but clearly completely different.
  • Options
    No I do totally agree with your comment, not that I've ever seen an Ed solo show, but we are all clever enough to know that the crowd that these solo shows will attract will be 99% if not 100% dedicated PJ fans, and therefore the crowd will be very much the same. Wasn't at all trying to say the shows would be same, that would be ludicrious.
  • Options
    No I do totally agree with your comment, not that I've ever seen an Ed solo show, but we are all clever enough to know that the crowd that these solo shows will attract will be 99% if not 100% dedicated PJ fans, and therefore the crowd will be very much the same. Wasn't at all trying to say the shows would be same, that would be ludicrious.
  • Options
    pdalowsky wrote:
    I see your point about the 99% dedicated PJ fans, but i go way more nuts at a PJ show than if i would at a solo show. As much as i love Ed, his into the wild tunes and his political speeches and his political songs would not make me as nuts as a 'tremor christ, black, long road, alive, leash or a crown of thorns or a........

Let's not turn this into an argument please. It's my opinion only, in response to your comment that 'Ed said the crowd were unlike the usual PJ crowd and perhaps he had a point'.

I am not in anyway saying that one is better than the other. It's personal choice. Both shows would be awesome. But different. My opinion.
  • Options
    No

no arugment here at all, I was just getting annoyed earlier at the state of the porch!!

I think what Ed was getting at was that even at the solo shows your bound to get the guys who hoop and holla, and shout out all the way through, which to be honest i dont have a problem with, but at that nice little celebrity only aware bash thing that wouldnt hav happened. Hell people usually only wanna yell to he guy that they love him!!!

Nope, i see your point, just wish i could be there......thumbs up to Eddie for putting them on in the first place, sure we'd all love to go and see it, but if he did that there'd be no more Pj this year at all. I'd rather take the PJ, pretty much for the reasons you say.

So you US lucky buggers go and enjoy, I think your on to a certain kind of special one off.
  • Options
    pdalowsky wrote:
    No

no arugment here at all, I was just getting annoyed earlier at the state of the porch!!

I think what Ed was getting at was that even at the solo shows your bound to get the guys who hoop and holla, and shout out all the way through, which to be honest i dont have a problem with, but at that nice little celebrity only aware bash thing that wouldnt hav happened. Hell people usually only wanna yell to he guy that they love him!!!

Nope, i see your point, just wish i could be there......thumbs up to Eddie for putting them on in the first place, sure we'd all love to go and see it, but if he did that there'd be no more Pj this year at all. I'd rather take the PJ, pretty much for the reasons you say.

So you US lucky buggers go and enjoy, I think your on to a certain kind of special one off.
    I second that :), hope everyone that get's tickets has an awesome time! I'm so sure they will. I''m not going to any of the solo shows, but i will be rocking out at Bonnaroo. Fingers crossed for more tour dates, but i'm thinking we won't see them again till next year. I hope i'm wrong, i hope the South get some more shows, they deserve it. Boston would be nice too ;)
  • Options
    Abuskedti wrote:
    The 10 club is a gift I am greatful for..

Agreed.

As much as I have had bad days with them I've aso come to realize that I've had way more good times with our relationship, than bad. Overall it's a great club and I still pride myself in saying it's the best of the fan clubs out there.

Losing out on a chance to get Vic tickets AND solo EV tickets really hurt me. I suppose because of my intense passion for the music that when things don't go right I get pissed off. Emotions are hard to cradle sometimes and the internet has always been an easy place to put your bitch dress on.

Having said that I kinda knew getting these EV tickets would be impossible. BUT I really did have HOPE that after that Vic mess things would be better this time. Selling all those EV tickets, all at once, via the 10C's internet shop was a bad move. I can only hope we can move forward and get it right next time...because as of today there is solid evidence that the system isn't working.

I think everyone has a right to offer up their disappointments and I really do appreciate it when someone offers up suggestions as to how to move forward. It's a really delicate thing and I still believe that the 10C listens and react accordingly, if they can.

Bottom line is 10C fuckin rawks...and I didnt get Vic/EV tickets!