SHAVING.....or BEARD ........

Comments

• decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,977
    Claireack wrote:
    btw - i hear waxing is a good alternative for women

Yes, great, although first few times you a get a bit of a rash (well I did anyway)

good to know.
    luckily, i am not there yet.
    most of the women in my family don't seem to have this problem, especially my immediate family (i'm the youngest of 3 girls) so i am hopeful.

i used to wax my legs, never got a rash really - now shaving, that irritated the crap out of my skin, i always had sensitive skin. since then i've gone laser. i haven't shaved/waxed...any where....since 2005. it's a beautiful thing. i get maybe a touch-up 2x a year, it's glorious. :mrgreen:
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    dcfaithful wrote:
    every other day

although i have been growing a soul patch

dave a style

:thumbup:

Always a fan of the soul patch. I keep one regardless of what else is going on with my facial hair. Keep on being awesome. :)

its been 3 weeks and its getting a tad long but yes we are awesome 8-)
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    Be a real man and grow a beard!

Mmmm.....beaaaard! 8-)
    cant!!!!must shave for work!!!!!18 years now in the row!!!! :evil:

what kinda bullshit is that?
    can't have whiskers @ work?

what do you do?
    rub your face on people?
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • youngsteryoungster Posts: 6,576
    21 days and counting. Getting better everyday. Trimmed the neckline last week. I like not shaving, it's soooo much better.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • last shave for this week tomorroe morning...weekend is coming :mrgreen:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    last shave for this week tomorroe morning...weekend is coming :mrgreen:

Are you in the military, Dimitris? Cause I had to shave everyday when I was in the military and I don't know of any other job that requires a close shave daily.

• last shave for this week tomorroe morning...weekend is coming :mrgreen:

Are you in the military, Dimitris? Cause I had to shave everyday when I was in the military and I don't know of any other job that requires a close shave daily.
    Greek Airforce 8-)
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”

Greek Airforce 8-)

Good for you. I salute you from the US.

• Good for you. I salute you from the US.
    Greece salute Boston
  • decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,977

i believe many law enforcement positions do not allow beards. for whatever reason, moustaches(sp?) are sometimes allowed, but not beards. also, some (men)are not allowed to grow their hair longer than their shirt collar in many of these positions as well.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076

i believe many law enforcement positions do not allow beards. for whatever reason, moustaches(sp?) are sometimes allowed, but not beards. also, some (men)are not allowed to grow their hair longer than their shirt collar in many of these positions as well.

Maybe that explains why so many cops have the epitomal "Cop 'Stache"? They're trying to get away with what they can? Maybe that's why I get harrassed so much when I have my beard...out of jealousy? :P

Talk about a double meaning to "Police Brutality".
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2

Ah, true. I didn't think about that. I guess when I do think of it, firemen can't grow more than a mustache because of the oxygen masks they wear. And I suppose politicians and public figures can't because they have to represent the public and be well-groomed.

Now that I think of it......a question...... Does the president HAVE to shave or does he choose to? Historically we have had a lot of bearded presidents but none since Benjamin Harrison who served from 1889-1893. Just wondering.

Now that I think of it......a question...... Does the president HAVE to shave or does he choose to? Historically we have had a lot of bearded presidents but none since Benjamin Harrison who served from 1889-1893. Just wondering.

It's probably just to uphold a good image with the public. For some reason, people stereotype bearded people as being dirty, or a bum, or something to that affect... :roll:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • dcfaithful wrote:

It's probably just to uphold a good image with the public. For some reason, people stereotype bearded people as being dirty, or a bum, or something to that affect... :roll:
    btw,eddie before start this beard thing,was always shaved in the past,right?
    dcfaithful wrote:

btw,eddie before start this beard thing,was always shaved in the past,right?

Only in the photos, videos, and footage that we know of...
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    dcfaithful wrote:
    every other day

although i have been growing a soul patch

dave a style

Always a fan of the soul patch. I keep one regardless of what else is going on with my facial hair. Keep on being awesome. :)

Nooo......no soul patch.....BEARD!! :x
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★

i used to wax my legs, never got a rash really - now shaving, that irritated the crap out of my skin, i always had sensitive skin. since then i've gone laser. i haven't shaved/waxed...any where....since 2005. it's a beautiful thing. i get maybe a touch-up 2x a year, it's glorious. :mrgreen:

I'm thinking of lasering soon! Is it good? Is it really GOOD....like ALL hair gone forever? What do you mean a touch up?

I want to do my whole body....bar the hair on my head of course. Arms, legs, bikini, eyebrows.

Which leads me to my next question....to brazillian or not? Maybe I'll want some hair down there when I'm older?! The thought of a 70 year old with a brazillian is a bit ewww. Fuck, the thought of a 70 year old with a grey bush is a bit ewww as well! :?
    ZiggyStar wrote:

I'm thinking of lasering soon! Is it good? Is it really GOOD....like ALL hair gone forever? What do you mean a touch up?

I want to do my whole body....bar the hair on my head of course. Arms, legs, bikini, eyebrows.

Which leads me to my next question....to brazillian or not? Maybe I'll want some hair down there when I'm older?! The thought of a 70 year old with a brazillian is a bit ewww. Fuck, the thought of a 70 year old with a grey bush is a bit ewww as well! :?

The thought of you even thinking of a 70 year old's vagine is troubling.

• Heatherj43Heatherj43 Posts: 1,254
    edited January 2010
    Heatherj43 wrote:
    OKay, I am 54 so I am telling a story that most of you will not face for many of years, but when a woman goes thru the change of life, she grows hair on her face. Yep, a beard and mustache!! LOL! Good thing I am light haired!
    Well, its like peach fuzz. So, after many years of it, I shaved the other day! It was only visible in certain light, but I could see it, so I decided to shave. Damn! I have shaved other parts forever, but never my face. Its a weird feeling. The face is more sensitive than I realized. I don't know how you guys do that every darn day! It tingles and tickles. LOL! Anyway, probably TMI, but at least all of you are seeing a glimpse of yuor future.

not all women do, at all. we do get more hair, period...but just how much/noticeable, varies wildly.
    that said, the reason you itch and are so sensitive, is simply b/c it's the first time you have done so. men's faces, and beards, both toughen up with time/shaving...so it's not nearly the same. what you did compares to the pubescent boy shaving for the first time. and probably how we all felt first time shaving our legs. :P btw - i hear waxing is a good alternative for women.

Reminds me the Beard is coming off tonight!

Wax the face? No way! I only did it this one time and that is after 15 years on hormone replacemnt therapy, so it will likely take a while to make me do it again. By the way, it never itched, just tingled.
    I cannot imagine waxing my face. Eyebrows, yes, the entire face...ouch!
    Lasering sounds great. Is it expensive?
    Post edited by Heatherj43 on
    Save room for dessert!

hahaha I know! :lol: But I've been thinking about that question for a couple of months now. Will I want no hair down there forever? Because once you've lasered off, it's fucking gone! Do vaginas get all wrinkly and gross looking when you get really old? Hair may be a good thing for coverage down the track. :| Hmmmm....I need to do some research!
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    anyone post a pic yet
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

ZiggyStar wrote:

hahaha I know! :lol: But I've been thinking about that question for a couple of months now. Will I want no hair down there forever? Because once you've lasered off, it's fucking gone! Do vaginas get all wrinkly and gross looking when you get really old? Hair may be a good thing for coverage down the track. :| Hmmmm....I need to do some research!
    No, they don't get wrinkly. Geez, I don't want to explain here what they end up like. I am not 70, thankfully, but I know.
    Save room for dessert!
    Heatherj43 wrote:
    No, they don't get wrinkly. Geez, I don't want to explain here what they end up like. I am not 70, thankfully, but I know.

Please tell me!! I need to know!

We're all adults....you can explain here!

In your expert opinion ;) , do you think hair down there down the track would be adviseable?
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f225/ ... 7-1223.jpg

this is what i look like after 2 weeks

i had little to much to drink the previous night
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

ZiggyStar wrote:
    Heatherj43 wrote:

Please tell me!! I need to know!

We're all adults....you can explain here!

In your expert opinion ;) , do you think hair down there down the track would be adviseable?
    You crack me up, no pun intended! LOL! Most women lose their hair down there. So, it ends up looking like its losing hair. Like, the hair is in weird areas and bald in others. If it turns gray, then that makes those hairs look invisible, so as if its gone. It defineitely could use a dye job, if its still there, or just get rid of it. A track would work, if its there to make a track out of. It gets balding and grey.
    Save room for dessert!
    ZiggyStar wrote:

As an expert in the field of vagina, I can only guess that they get wrinkly and old. An elbow does, why not a vagina? As for you're decision. Think about the here and now. That's where you are. I got a tattoo 2 yrs ago because I wanted one and knew it was a good choice. I wasn't thinking about how it would look when I was 70. You're young enough that you will have plenty of years before you have to worry about wrinkles. Besides, do you plan going to tons of nude beaches at 70? Then just where a typical bottom at the beach and you'll do fine. As for sex at that age........I'm sure the dude will have tons to worry about like not busting a hip to even notice. :lol:

Oh BTW Ziggy, I owe you an updated pic. I'll throw one on in the morning. I have a bottle of Jack and a fridge full of beer that I have to tend to. Nothing beats Bob Seger on vinyl and a bottle of Jack.

Heatherj43 wrote:
    You crack me up, no pun intended! LOL! Most women lose their hair down there. So, it ends up looking like its losing hair. Like, the hair is in weird areas and bald in others. If it turns gray, then that makes those hairs look invisible, so as if its gone. It defineitely could use a dye job, if its still there, or just get rid of it. A track would work, if its there to make a track out of. It gets balding and grey.

WTF? Are you serious?!

Well when I eventually laser, I'm definitely brazilianing then.....no balding patchy grey pubes for me. Nuh-uh. no fucking way! I'd prefer to see wrinkles than that! :shock:
    Oh BTW Ziggy, I owe you an updated pic. I'll throw one on in the morning. I have a bottle of Jack and a fridge full of beer that I have to tend to. Nothing beats Bob Seger on vinyl and a bottle of Jack.

Nawww thanks cropduster! Looking forward to the updated pic! :thumbup:
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    Heatherj43 wrote:

WTF? Are you serious?!

Well when I eventually laser, I'm definitely brazilianing then.....no balding patchy grey pubes for me. Nuh-uh. no fucking way! I'd prefer to see wrinkles than that! :shock:
    It would be neither. It doesn't wrinkle and no hairs to be bald and grey. That would work.
    Save room for dessert!