Anyone interested in another PJ Super Bowl board?

2»

Comments

• youngsteryoungster Posts: 6,576
    Honestly, I don't want to make this too complicated. Although I am in favor of the 08-09 boots, I want people to not necessarily have to buy anything to participate. If someone has an old 2000 of 2003 boot that they are willing to put on the line to play, I want them to be able to do that. As long as the CD is an original copy (not burned), is in good condition, isn't one of the commercially-released CDs, and doesn't repeat what someone has already pledged, I hope that is good enough. Sure, the winner might get some doubles -- but I can guarantee that he/she will get plenty of new boots as well, and there's nothing wrong with using doubles for trading or for future games.

I do like the idea of the "Winner's Choice" option for people who want to pledge something other than a boot, though. What if the rules stated that everyone must pledge a boot, but if they have something that they think is more desirable they can offer it as a choice to the winner? For example, someone might pledge "Los Angeles 2000 boot OR Boston '06 Poster, Winner's Choice"? That way we can get (potentially) more than just boots but make sure everyone's pledge is fair...

I absolutely agree. Let's keep the rules as you made them originally. I think most of the people who participate will have something unique to offer. The boots are what most people would want but if a pledger has an extra poster laying around, why not make it an option. I guess I was trying to re-invent the wheel. It worked great in years past so let's keep it that way. Looking forward to participating.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • joe2468joe2468 Posts: 3,049
    ,,,,soooooooooooooooooooooo can i be in with a Eddie Vedder pick???
    have you seen the colors of my fathers eyes
  • msujammermsujammer Posts: 173
    I'd be in if you had room. I'd toss in a Boise 2000 bootleg or a 2008/2009 boot of the winner's choice if that's the way you go. I missed out on last year's, but was in a couple of years ago. Hope to get in again! :D
    11/3/00 Boise 5/28/03 Missoula 6/15/03 Fargo 8/29/05 Missoula 9/4/05 Calgary 7/22/06 Gorge 7/23/06 The Gorge 7/18/08 9/21/09 Seattle 9/22/09 Seattle 5/3/10 Kansas City 9/3/11 Alpine Valley 9/4/11 Alpine Valley 9/30/12 Missoula
  • id be interested
  • mfc2006mfc2006 Posts: 37,412
    just let us know when you want us to post our pledges. last year was fun---looking forward to doing it again!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • for last year i pledged an MSG 08 boot...i didn't own it, but i wanted the winner to have it cause being at that show, i enjoyed it thoroughly. so i bought online and had it shipped directly to the winner, i didn't feel like i had to buy something for the person, because if i had the boot originally, i would have bought it anyway...

the problem is i don't know which boot to pledge, so can my pledge be any 08/09 boot? or would you rather me choose one to pledge?
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave Posts: 41,830
    I'd be interested :)
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • vduboisevduboise Posts: 1,937
    This was fun last year- was sooooo close to winning. Will join again this year.
  • walkunafraidwalkunafraid Posts: 2,569
    for last year i pledged an MSG 08 boot...i didn't own it, but i wanted the winner to have it cause being at that show, i enjoyed it thoroughly. so i bought online and had it shipped directly to the winner, i didn't feel like i had to buy something for the person, because if i had the boot originally, i would have bought it anyway...

the problem is i don't know which boot to pledge, so can my pledge be any 08/09 boot? or would you rather me choose one to pledge?

Weren't you guy who we had to hunt down months after the end of the Super Bowl to get you to send your boot?

EDIT: Yeah, it was you. Except it was for the March Madness pool. Just found a message from the winner sent at the end of freakin' JUNE saying that he was still waiting to get your boot -- that's almost 3 months late. I remember being incredibly pissed off at that point, too.
    Everything has chains...Absolutely nothing's changed. - PJ

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
  • joe2468joe2468 Posts: 3,049
    OUCH ........ easy easy
    have you seen the colors of my fathers eyes
  • Count me in. I have every boot from 2000 and plenty of posters. Ill decide what to pledge when the field is set. Thanks. :mrgreen:

Doug
  • URthekeyURthekey Posts: 1,763
    If your pool isn't already full can I jump in???

(Cosidering I am the defending superbowl champion from last year :D )

Speaking from experience it was awsome to win this, since goodies appeared daily in the mail.
    I don't think I'd be lucky enough to win 2x in a row but hey- ya never know!
    URthekey wrote:
    If your pool isn't already full can I jump in???

(Cosidering I am the defending superbowl champion from last year :D )

Speaking from experience it was awsome to win this, since goodies appeared daily in the mail.
    I don't think I'd be lucky enough to win 2x in a row but hey- ya never know!

I was wondering if you'd be back to defend your title. 8-)

Haven't even started the official sign-up thread yet, so you are definitely in if you sign up there before it fills up. I should be getting that up in the next week.

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
  • I guess Ill wait for a March Madness repeat...
  • for last year i pledged an MSG 08 boot...i didn't own it, but i wanted the winner to have it cause being at that show, i enjoyed it thoroughly. so i bought online and had it shipped directly to the winner, i didn't feel like i had to buy something for the person, because if i had the boot originally, i would have bought it anyway...

Weren't you guy who we had to hunt down months after the end of the Super Bowl to get you to send your boot?

EDIT: Yeah, it was you. Except it was for the March Madness pool. Just found a message from the winner sent at the end of freakin' JUNE saying that he was still waiting to get your boot -- that's almost 3 months late. I remember being incredibly pissed off at that point, too.

yeah i'm really sorry about that, it was seriously sitting on my desk in the packaging for weeks, months even and i just kept on procrastinating. i would be glad to have a second chance. the difference was because i had shipped the package myself during march madness as opposed to ordering it and having it shipped to the winner like on last years superbowl. i was going through some tough shit around march madness and i just wasn't able to find the time to bring it to the UPS store. I did end up shipping it though. I'm sure if i stick to ordering off the shop i can do it that night once the game is over...i'll be on the site anyways on this thread talking about the game...

again i'm sorry, really really really sorry, i ASSURE you that wont happen again...i hope you can let me have a second chance

:o I didnt say SHIT!!! Good memory Paul... :mrgreen:
    for last year i pledged an MSG 08 boot...i didn't own it, but i wanted the winner to have it cause being at that show, i enjoyed it thoroughly. so i bought online and had it shipped directly to the winner, i didn't feel like i had to buy something for the person, because if i had the boot originally, i would have bought it anyway...

yeah i'm really sorry about that, it was seriously sitting on my desk in the packaging for weeks, months even and i just kept on procrastinating. i would be glad to have a second chance. the difference was because i had shipped the package myself during march madness as opposed to ordering it and having it shipped to the winner like on last years superbowl. i was going through some tough shit around march madness and i just wasn't able to find the time to bring it to the UPS store. I did end up shipping it though. I'm sure if i stick to ordering off the shop i can do it that night once the game is over...i'll be on the site anyways on this thread talking about the game...

again i'm sorry, really really really sorry, i ASSURE you that wont happen again...i hope you can let me have a second chance

Yeah, that's fine dude, I'm not one to hold grudges. I just hope everyone comes through and sends their packages to me SOON this time -- it makes things so much less of a hassle. :D

• thank you man...i appreciate it
  • r we full or can i get in
    Verizon Center-Washington, DC--May 30, 2006
    Verizon Center-Washington, DC--June 22, 2008
    Lyric Opera House-Baltimore, MD--June 14, 2009(Eddie Vedder Solo)
    Wachovia Spectrum-Philadelphia, PA--Oct 31, 2009

I Only Own My Mind...
    r we full or can i get in

Haven't even started the sign-up process yet.

Just so you guys know, I won't be starting the official sign-up thread until sometime this week. When you see it, you must state which specific boot you want to pledge (don't just say "any 2008-09" boot or something of that sort, otherwise it's going to be a big pain in the ass for the winner to contact 20+ people at different times trying to sort which boots get sent by who).

It will be the first 25 to sign up with a specific pledge who get into the pool, so start planning which boot you want to pledge now. Please don't try to get in early by PMing me; I'm pretty busy this weekend and won't really have time to sort all that out.

To get in you will HAVE TO pledge a boot, but if you have something else desirable that you think the winner might want more, you can offer that as an alternative (for example, your pledge might be: "Los Angeles 9/30/09 boot OR Eddie Vedder guitar pick, Winner's Choice).

I'm going to hammer out the official rules and details as soon as possible and then get the thread going. Please be patient. We didn't get the sign-ups started until January 22nd last year and it still worked out perfectly. 8-)

• youngsteryoungster Posts: 6,576
    Just so you guys know, I won't be starting the official sign-up thread until sometime this week. When you see it, you must state which specific boot you want to pledge (don't just say "any 2008-09" boot or something of that sort, otherwise it's going to be a big pain in the ass for the winner to contact 20+ people at different times trying to sort which boots get sent by who).

It will be the first 25 to sign up with a specific pledge who get into the pool, so start planning which boot you want to pledge now. Please don't try to get in early by PMing me; I'm pretty busy this weekend and won't really have time to sort all that out.

To get in you will HAVE TO pledge a boot, but if you have something else desirable that you think the winner might want more, you can offer that as an alternative (for example, your pledge might be: "Los Angeles 9/30/09 boot OR Eddie Vedder guitar pick, Winner's Choice).

I'm going to hammer out the official rules and details as soon as possible and then get the thread going. Please be patient. We didn't get the sign-ups started until January 22nd last year and it still worked out perfectly. 8-)

Sweet. Can't wait.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • jskjsk Posts: 53
    I want in. I have a bunch of 2000 boots. I also have a sealed benaroya lp but I think I'll hold onto that. :D
    If I had known then, what I know now.
  • jsk wrote:
    I want in. I have a bunch of 2000 boots. I also have a sealed benaroya lp but I think I'll hold onto that. :D

such a tease...