Sleight of hand...AMASING!!!

2»

Comments

• redeyeredeye Posts: 620
    yea defo in my top five pj songs :mrgreen:
  • ponner1us wrote:
    It really is beautiful...
    Could be about dementia, life wasted, another existence, maybe suicide, I think its open to all sorts of interpretations, maybe that's wherein the beauty lies.

bingo!

LOVE THIS SONG
  • starmap3333starmap3333 Posts: 3,925
    Does he mean "AmaZing"?
  • Brisk. wrote:
    well duuuuh

benaroya version im not that found out as to compare to a 2000 version because of matt's kit and general snare sound.

milan 2000.
    "The world is dangerous, feel safe here tonight..." EV 9/17/06

38+6 shows at the age of 27 and counting...but still no Undone

My podcast: Hotel Manager Talk- Dedicated to Hotel Employees, tell your friends. http://www.HotelManagerTalk.com
  • Il be honest. This song has never really done it for me.

Sorry :oops:
  • stankratzstankratz Posts: 183
    Does he mean "AmaZing"?

:lol: Now, that's amaSing^^^

I could write a paper on Sleight Of Hand, but being cautious of going into 'too long to read' territory I will just reflect on one particular memory.

Virginia Beach, June 08. In the midst of the trip of a lifetime I settled with GA lawn tickets for this show. The sound was getting blown all over the place up the back, and with my ears still ringing from Bonnaroo and an impending night in MSG coming up I was happy to kick back and enjoy the fun with the other GAers. Over the course of the gig I had settled side by side with some nice Pennsylvanian girl and we had a laugh, and were on fire and in mid-banter until I heard Matt's double tap into the aforementioned song. Almost like a switch flipped in my head I said to girl something like 'Please excuse me, I gotta hear this', and I stealthily made my way to a place where the sound was adequate, and then lost my sleight of hand virginity, and it was beautiful, the boot does it no justice. By the end of the song I noticed the girl standing beside me, giggling. She got it!

'waves goodbye to himself, i'll see you on the other side'

-Won't mention an actors name for fear of inducing stomach churning, but that line always put the image of the character David Ames from Cameron Crowe's Vanilla Sky into my head. SPOILER, the scene with him toasting himself in the mirror with the bottle of pills before he OD's, alone and done. Seeing as Cameron is openly a long standing fan of the band, would it be too far fetched to think that he was getting his Binaural on while storyboarding for Vanilla Sky?? Anyway, that's me.
  • mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    At first I wasn't so sure about the song, after a few more times I listened- I just Love It !! I love the ending of this song.
    ********************************************************************************************* image
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Hartford 2006 was pretty good. Wasn't there, but I have the boot.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Sir. PJSir. PJ Posts: 149
    Check out this Sleight of Hand video I found online. I've been referring every pj fan, or at least every Binaural fan I know to it. I just cant get enough of sleight of hand! And this video captures the lyrics and mood very well I think. And I love the shot of the Hubble deep field it uses. "He waves goodbye...to himself"!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfuxWfVapqw
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    PJ Greg wrote:
    Check out this Sleight of Hand video I found online. I've been referring every pj fan, or at least every Binaural fan I know to it. I just cant get enough of sleight of hand! And this video captures the lyrics and mood very well I think. And I love the shot of the Hubble deep field it uses. "He waves goodbye...to himself"!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfuxWfVapqw

Thank You, went right into my playlist. :mrgreen: