Options

2003 Bootleg set on ebay. Great opportunity

pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,721
edited May 2008 in The Porch
http://cgi.ebay.com/Pearl-Jam-Complete-2003-Tour-Set-of-72-CDs-Very-Rare_W0QQitemZ150247598150QQihZ005QQcategoryZ307QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

This has to be brought to the attention of the board, just in case there is someone out there wanting the full set. It took me over a year to collect these boots, finding the last few was traumatic, so this auction is just too good to be missed. That is of course provided the reserve isnt ridiculous.

Its amazing that these are all sealed....the guy would make far more by selling individually as I paid a fortune for my set over the time....

Its great news for those who need them though......

I would quickly add the auction has nowt to do with me, and I post merely to assist someone in need
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    ChazzChazz Somerset, UK Posts: 1,090
    Wow, I would love these, bet I won't be able to afford them though :o Thanks for the heads up :)
    Dublin, Reading 06
    London, Copenhagen 07
    MSG 08
    SBE, Manchester, London 09
    Dublin, Belfast, London 10
    Manchester, Berlin 12
    Amsterdam, Milton Keynes 14
    London 18
    London 22
  • Options
    TravelarTravelar Kalamazoo, USA Posts: 3,359
    Wow... Great find! I know what you mean about being traumatized collecting the last few. :D
  • Options
    wow these things have gone up in value over a few months!!
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,010
    why the hell would someone keep these in their wrappers all this time?
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    I know I couldnt, althoguh they are ciollectors items....

they have goner up in value 5 times though so maybe a good move in hindsight.
  • Options
    vedderoffdeadvedderoffdead Posts: 684
    Don't get me wrong, I would LOVE to have this set...just to have it.
    But, if my calculations are correct, the final price (3300+)means that each disc costs a smidge over $46! That's just plain ludicrous IMO. You can buy a nice used car for that!!! Is it just me?
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    Don't get me wrong, I would LOVE to have this set...just to have it.
    But, if my calculations are correct, the final price (3300+)means that each disc costs a smidge over $46! That's just plain ludicrous IMO. You can buy a nice used car for that!!! Is it just me?

makes you put things into perspective, right?

car? or cds?
  • Options
    Mike GossardMike Gossard Posts: 344
    I am amazed at the level of devotion of some of PJ's fans $3300 for these thats amazing. Any body remember what the price was on pearl jam.com?? I can't...
    Let's see those 2013 dates in the southern states.
  • Options
    drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    I am amazed at the level of devotion of some of PJ's fans $3300 for these thats amazing. Any body remember what the price was on pearl jam.com?? I can't...
    Sweet merciful crap that is a ton of cash for those... I believe they were $15 a set when they were released... and nwo they sell for $50+ a set... insane!
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    Hmm.
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    $3k for boots

no thanks
  • Options
    i see the attraction, some of these boots sell for $100 plus (Mexico x 3) and to get them all at once with no hassle finding the odd one, it really is quite a buy
  • Options
    kh65kh65 Posts: 946
    drsluggo wrote:
    Sweet merciful crap that is a ton of cash for those... I believe they were $15 a set when they were released... and nwo they sell for $50+ a set... insane!

I bought the whole set and they were about $10/each. I think it came out in two installments. I think in total I paid somewhere around $1000.
    "If you're not living on the edge you're taking up too much room."

Gambling=a taxation on stupidity.

Remember, you can walk anywhere, as long as you have the time.

http://www.ryanmontbleauband.com/

http://www.myspace.com/jessedee
  • Options
    FirecloudFirecloud Posts: 516
    It's a complete fucking ripoff, even by CD pricing standards of fifteen years ago when nobody had CD burners and those that did charged kids $45 a bootleg (yeah, I haven't forgotten, which is one of many reasons I haven't been in an actual music store in years).

I'm all for buying the product direct for a reasonable price (like 8-12 bucks a pop), but somebody bought these specifically to sell them - it's not like they're some die-hard fan who's hit a rough patch. It's about profit that does not go to the band at all.

There's not a single one of these shows that can't be found at exactly the same quality level on the internets. I'm just as big an "official release" snob as the next guy, but as I look at the 2 massive plastic bins holding the thousands of absolutely useless CDs I own (useless thanks to iTunes, the iPod and the death of the mix CD), the idea that anybody would fork over that much cash to a clear non-fan for what's essentially a bunch of recycled cardboard with setlists on the back strikes me as a bit retarded.

On the flipside, I've got all but one of the Vedder shows from last month, and of course they're not official releases - but they're crystal clear quality for the most part. But if something official is released, however, I'll be the first in line to buy one. That's because of a) brand loyalty and b) the desire to show my support for music that touches my soul. This shit is just highway robbery.
  • Options
    Firecloud wrote:
    It's a complete fucking ripoff, even by CD pricing standards of fifteen years ago when nobody had CD burners and those that did charged kids $45 a bootleg (yeah, I haven't forgotten, which is one of many reasons I haven't been in an actual music store in years).

I'm all for buying the product direct for a reasonable price (like 8-12 bucks a pop), but somebody bought these specifically to sell them - it's not like they're some die-hard fan who's hit a rough patch. It's about profit that does not go to the band at all.

There's not a single one of these shows that can't be found at exactly the same quality level on the internets. I'm just as big an "official release" snob as the next guy, but as I look at the 2 massive plastic bins holding the thousands of absolutely useless CDs I own (useless thanks to iTunes, the iPod and the death of the mix CD), the idea that anybody would fork over that much cash to a clear non-fan for what's essentially a bunch of recycled cardboard with setlists on the back.

On the flipside, I've got all but one of the Vedder shows from last month, and of course they're not official releases - but they're crystal clear quality for the most part. But if something official is released, however, I'll be the first in line to buy one. That's because of a) brand loyalty and b) the desire to show my support for music that touches my soul. This shit is just highway robbery.

interesting point, and in the whole mostly accepted.....however the guy who bought them may really really want them, and this is his only chance, he has the spare cash, you can hardly blame him, as PJ probably means that much to him (or her depending of course)....

I've bought them all at inflated prices also....its just a way of the world....

and like yourself I'll be first in line for the Vedder shows when they are released (albeit I have them too)
  • Options
    vedderoffdeadvedderoffdead Posts: 684
    And statistically speaking, let's say PJ throw in an average of 3 or so *rare*, or *rarely played* songs per show if we're lucky, and the average PJ show is 28 or 30 songs, then that means that roughly 10 % of the show is something different or unusual. So 80-90% of the material on these 72 discs is the same stuff in a different order. I mean how many times can you honestly listen to Corduroy, Even Flow, YL, Alive, Crazy Mary, etc...without it getting repetitive? I LOVE all of those songs, but after the 5th version or so, I need at LEAST a 2 week break...
  • Options
    Yellow BedwetterYellow Bedwetter NYC Posts: 2,832
    $3400+ bucks is outrageous. I kno they're still factory sealed but damnnnn
    2005: Borgata 2, Philly
    2006: Camden 1&2, East Ruth 1&2
    2008: BONNAROO, MSG1, MSG2, Hartford
    2009: Philly 1, 2, 4
    2010: Hartford, MSG1, MSG2
    2012: Made in America
    2013: BK1, BK2, Hartford
    2015: Global Citizens
    2016: MSG 2 (ISO MSG1)
    EV Solo: NJPAC 2008; Tower Theatre, PA 2009; Hartford 2011
  • Options
    FirecloudFirecloud Posts: 516
    pdalowsky wrote:
    interesting point, and in the whole mostly accepted.....however the guy who bought them may really really want them, and this is his only chance, he has the spare cash, you can hardly blame him, as PJ probably means that much to him (or her depending of course)....

I've bought them all at inflated prices also....its just a way of the world....

and like yourself I'll be first in line for the Vedder shows when they are released (albeit I have them too)

Fair enough, but let me ask you: Why would the hypothetical guy really really want them in the first place? If the goal is to hear the music, there's a good batch of places to get them for free. It's been half a decade since the actual shows happened. If he wants to be able to put the set up on a shelf and use it as a reference point for how big a fan he is, that's another issue entirely and really has nothing to do with the music. There's baseball cards and action figures for that kind of thing.
  • Options
    and another very imteresting point!!!

Not gonna try and answer that one, I guess it comes down to a point of opinion, I love collecting Pj stuff, not to brag and shown it off to the next PJ fan, but for myself...is that wrong?? I dunno but it makes me happy...so I'll keep collecting....

Plus i fucking hate baseball....
  • Options
    Kel VarnsenKel Varnsen Posts: 1,951
    Firecloud wrote:
    Fair enough, but let me ask you: Why would the hypothetical guy really really want them in the first place? If the goal is to hear the music, there's a good batch of places to get them for free. It's been half a decade since the actual shows happened. If he wants to be able to put the set up on a shelf and use it as a reference point for how big a fan he is, that's another issue entirely and really has nothing to do with the music. There's baseball cards and action figures for that kind of thing.

But that happens with everything. People by land with no intention of ever living on it, just to make a profit on it. People buy artwork and then put it away in hopes that its value increases. How are PJ CD's any different. If the seller bought this set, and made the effort to keep it all together for this long, and keep it in good condition, why shouldn't he try to make a profit?

Plus just because he asks for it, doesn't mean he will get it. I could ask $100,000 for my Honda, doesn't mean anyone is going to pay that for it.
  • Options
    restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,941
    its not outrageous at all. they are fan club only merchandise. thats why they are so much. first set of 2003's ive ever seen on the bay. i still need 9 for my set and they are all rares.
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18
  • Options
    restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,941
    So 80-90% of the material on these 72 discs is the same stuff in a different order. I mean how many times can you honestly listen to Corduroy, Even Flow, YL, Alive, Crazy Mary, etc...without it getting repetitive? I LOVE all of those songs, but after the 5th version or so, I need at LEAST a 2 week break...

every show is different. the between song banter too. they way the songs are played. the solos, the lyrics, they change nightly. dont get me wrong it does get to you , but not as most might think. each show has a different vibe. i love listening to them.
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18
  • Options
    smithnicsmithnic Posts: 1,559
    Firecloud wrote:

There's not a single one of these shows that can't be found at exactly the same quality level on the internets. I'm just as big an "official release" snob as the next guy, but as I look at the 2 massive plastic bins holding the thousands of absolutely useless CDs I own (useless thanks to iTunes, the iPod and the death of the mix CD), the idea that anybody would fork over that much cash to a clear non-fan for what's essentially a bunch of recycled cardboard with setlists on the back strikes me as a bit retarded.

Exactly what I was thinking
    Go Get 'Em Tigers!