1095 Days and 34 shows!!!

2»

Comments

• Most members dont post on the pit. But it is 100% true. And they didnt win front 2 rows everytime, sometimes 9 or 10. We should get Jessie "The Body" Ventura on this... :mrgreen:
  • FirstExitFirstExit Posts: 973
    lol OP, are you aware that you joined between albums? I'm assuming the three years were 2007, 2008, and 2009? You know like, they toured all of 2006? And we were LUCKY to get the shows in 2008...and 2009 was just the beginning of what will be one of the greatest tours of all time...and you do understand they're about to announce US shows right? You're leaving at a stupid time.

But your number is lower than mine so later lol.
  • OGT92OGT92 Posts: 1,588
    moses-i wrote:
    Personally I don't understand this mentality on here that the "fan" club is some sort of privilege provided free of charge for the benefit of "true" fans. It's a SERVICE, people. You PAY expecting to get something out of it. No one in their right mind would pay for a service that has nothing to offer. Personally, I am not complaining about the ten club, but look at the original poster's argument: Paid for THREE years and only received ONE single (even though he/she was entitled to the THREE that were PAID for) and not enough "local" dates to make it worth paying for the opportunity to buy fan club tickets. Why should he/she shell out more money if they will not be getting a fan club single? And to the person who said that the fan club isn`t about tickets, I have to ask: aside from the single, the newsletter and the tickets, what other incentives are there to pay 20 or 25 bucks? Oh I forgot, the opportunity to spend MORE money on merchandise. I am not always happy with how things are done with the Ten Club, nonetheless I am happy with the SERVICE and I feel it's worth the small fee. Moreover, I appreciate the argument ofthegirl99 makes.

And for those who are complaining about these types of threads/posts, I have to say I prefer them over the countless "LOOK AT ME, I WON THE LOTTERY" or "I GOT TIX and YOU DIDN't!" posts that do nothing but rub someone's good luck in someone else's face.

When I don't get something I paid for I contact whoever. It really isn't that hard. You find out the email address or telephone number. Not that difficult people...
    "I read about the evils of drinking, so I gave up reading." - Henry Youngman
  • McNairnMcNairn Posts: 284
    PJ is a reason to pack your bags and hit the road
    I would travel the world to see them
    If you don't have a car a thumb will do
    you just have to abandon your job and family for a bit
  • F5F5 Posts: 791
    Its freaking $20 a year! I spend that on fast food in a week! Worth paying even if your number is crappy or if they don't tour. My number sucks but it sure got me some sweet seats at LA 4! :D No complaints here.
    Bridge - 10/25/03
    Mansfield I - 6/28/08
    Eddie NYC - 8/4/08
    Seattle - 9/21/09, 9/22/09
    Salt Lake City 9/28/09
    LA 9/30/09, 10/07/09
    San Diego 10/9/09
    Alpine Valley 9/03/11, 9/04/11
    Ashbury Park 9/18/21
    LA 5/06/21, 5/07/21
    Phoenix 05/09/22
    NYC 9/11/22
    Denver 9/22/22
  • Plus Im holding out for another issue of DEEP!!!
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    Sorry to see you go

Sorry you are unhappy with 10C

BUT...what can I say?

Thanks for the bump up!

More for me :)

I'll keep on Jammin' here at 10C even if just to talk to all the great people on here who understand my crazy Eddie/PJ obsession...where else can you get something as good as that at any price?!

TTFN....see the rest of you at the shows!
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • I just received my renewal email from the 10 Club. I looked in my profile and my membership runs out on January 25th.

Then I realized that I have received the so called Holiday single ONE time in the three years I have been a member, and the kicker is that the "best touring band" in the world played a grand total of 34 U.S. shows in the 1095 days I was a member. Including the Vic, The Who honors thing, and The Beacon.

My membership number always sucked so no moving up the line for most, but just wanted to say goodbye because I will not be renewing.

Peace
    I hear ya...

The way I look at it is....

You pay $20 a year for an oppurtunity to get tickets, once every couple of years. Your membership doesnt guarantee you tickets, doesnt really guarantee you anything. But if you keep your membership current, and Pearl Jam plays a show that you are able to attend, then maybe you will get lucky and get some decent tickets. Of course, there is also the chance you may get shut out. To me it is more or less a $20 a year gamble.
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • BinFrogBinFrog Posts: 7,309
    I just received my renewal email from the 10 Club. I looked in my profile and my membership runs out on January 25th.

Then I realized that I have received the so called Holiday single ONE time in the three years I have been a member, and the kicker is that the "best touring band" in the world played a grand total of 34 U.S. shows in the 1095 days I was a member. Including the Vic, The Who honors thing, and The Beacon.

My membership number always sucked so no moving up the line for most, but just wanted to say goodbye because I will not be renewing.

Peace

You could have emailed the 10C asking where your holiday single was

You could have travelled to see a ton of shows either in the US or abroad (since '06 I have seen 13 shows in the US)

See ya.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"