***CHICAGO WHITE SOX***

Comments

• chiwhitesoxchiwhitesox Chicago Posts: 696
    Hey everyone! Cubs sure sucked the big one last night!

Go Sox!
    - Chicago G

chicago98-chicago00-chicago03-east troy03-chicago06-chicago09-east troy11_2-chicago13-moline14-milwaukee14-lexington16-chicago16_1-chicago16_2-chicago18_1-chicago18_2
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,348
    sox = ed's real team.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Hey everyone! Cubs sure sucked the big one last night!

Go Sox!

You did soooo good debunking the stereotype that is white sox fans in the Cubs thread. Then, with one post here you brought everyone back to reality.
  • PJM3333PJM3333 Chicago Posts: 291

Hey everyone! Cubs sure sucked the big one last night!

Go Sox!

Sucked an even BIGGER ONE last night!!
    2000-Chicago
    2003-Chicago, East Troy
    2006-Chicago, Cleveland
    2009-Chicago
    2011-PJ20 1, PJ20 2
    2013-Wrigley
    2014-Moline, Milwaukee
    2016-Lexington, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2018-Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,720
    Trade everyone! Time to quit fucking around and commit to a full rebuild.

Well it looks like the rebuild is starting. Sucks to trade a guy as good as Sale, but it had to be done. It's a shame that they wasted 5 years of an elite pitcher like Sale and he didn't even come close to pitching in the playoffs. This front office has been awful...they better not fuck up this rebuild.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,348
    this seems like a good place to voice my hatred for frank thomas' GNC steroid commercial.

"and, guys? she'll like it too" :wink:

just awful.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Trade everyone! Time to quit fucking around and commit to a full rebuild.

Well it looks like the rebuild is starting. Sucks to trade a guy as good as Sale, but it had to be done. It's a shame that they wasted 5 years of an elite pitcher like Sale and he didn't even come close to pitching in the playoffs. This front office has been awful...they better not fuck up this rebuild.
    IF, and it's a big IF with the White sox. If they can develop these young guys they win big on this trade. Sale's ego is going to catch up to him this season. Cutting up the jerseys last year was the final nail in the coffin. I think he has a mediocre year in Boston and then fizzles out to an obscurity in 3 years.

IF, and it's a big IF with the White sox. If they can develop these young guys they win big on this trade. Sale's ego is going to catch up to him this season. Cutting up the jerseys last year was the final nail in the coffin. I think he has a mediocre year in Boston and then fizzles out to an obscurity in 3 years.
    Well, the way I'm looking at it is they're going to trade a few guys and end up with 10-15 prospects. If half of those guys hit and become contributors, they should be in good shape in 2-3 years. But you are right, it's all a very big IF with the white sox based on the past decade of futility. But, they couldn't keep on doing what they were doing....I'm happy they at least have a plan here. Now they just need to execute it.
    Gonna be a great year! We're back babies!!!
    - Chicago G

chicago98-chicago00-chicago03-east troy03-chicago06-chicago09-east troy11_2-chicago13-moline14-milwaukee14-lexington16-chicago16_1-chicago16_2-chicago18_1-chicago18_2
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,415
    And you just got Giolito. The Sox landed the #1 position prospect and #1 pitching prospect on the same day!
    Yes! There is hope!
    - Chicago G

Yes! There is hope!

Finally something to be excited about. Sox have a top 10 farm system in the matter of 2 days...should be ranked even higher after Hahn is done making deals.
    Just give Harper a blank check and let him fill out the amount.  
  • Yes! There is hope!
    Finally something to be excited about. Sox have a top 10 farm system in the matter of 2 days...should be ranked even higher after Hahn is done making deals.
    Going back 2 years, who was their "can't miss" blue chips?  Besides Moancada I can't remember who else?

Moancada has not lived up to expectations...
    edited December 2018
    Yes! There is hope!
    Going back 2 years, who was their "can't miss" blue chips?  Besides Moancada I can't remember who else?

Moancada has not lived up to expectations...
    Eloy Jimenez and Kopech are the other 2 top guys.  Jimenez will be up in the big leagues making a difference real soon....the guy is a beast and has torn it up everywhere he has been.  Unfortunately Kopech had TJ surgery and is out until 2020....only 22 years old and looked pretty damn good in his limited starts last year.  

But yeah, Moncada has been disappointing so far.  Still so young though...only 23 so not ready to give up on him yet.  
    Post edited by Indifference71 on
    What an absolute disaster.  They had a chance to sign a 26 year old elite talent and once again Reinsdorf proved too cheap to get it done.  Offer him 10 years and 300M 2 months ago and they could have had him.  But instead they fuck around with option years at the end of the contract...absolutely absurd.  Reinsdorf, Kenny Williams and Hahn are all delusional if they really thought that deal was going to work.  They knew what would get it done and they chose to get too cute with the contract.

Besides Eloy Jimenez, this whole rebuild has been a bust so far.  Giolito and Moncada were both horrible last year and Kopech is out all of this year.  Not much to be excited about right now except Eloy.  Going to be another year of an empty stadium with an absolute garbage lineup.  Such a joke.

And Reinsdorf is a horrible owner.  The only sustained success either of his teams have had is because of Michael Jordan....nothing to do with him.  As great as 2005 was for the Sox, it's clear that it was a fluke as they have never been consistent contenders since he has owned the team.  Cannot wait until he is gone.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,576
    What an absolute disaster.  They had a chance to sign a 26 year old elite talent and once again Reinsdorf proved too cheap to get it done.  Offer him 10 years and 300M 2 months ago and they could have had him.  But instead they fuck around with option years at the end of the contract...absolutely absurd.  Reinsdorf, Kenny Williams and Hahn are all delusional if they really thought that deal was going to work.  They knew what would get it done and they chose to get too cute with the contract.

Besides Eloy Jimenez, this whole rebuild has been a bust so far.  Giolito and Moncada were both horrible last year and Kopech is out all of this year.  Not much to be excited about right now except Eloy.  Going to be another year of an empty stadium with an absolute garbage lineup.  Such a joke.

And Reinsdorf is a horrible owner.  The only sustained success either of his teams have had is because of Michael Jordan....nothing to do with him.  As great as 2005 was for the Sox, it's clear that it was a fluke as they have never been consistent contenders since he has owned the team.  Cannot wait until he is gone.
    I have long thought Kenny Williams is a joke, but I don't understand how he can act shocked at this.  You offer a contract that could have a value of $350 mil, but you're that worried about the last few years so much that you won't get up to $300 to get a player like this. Meet in the middle for fucks sake.  And no opt out because the organization doesn't believe in them. Okay buddy, good luck getting any free agent. The guy is going to go for the most money guaranteed.  $300 mil for 10 years would have been a lower AAV but more money promised.  What is so difficult about that?

I mean, I am annoyed at the Yankees for passing on a player like this with their window to win now and the fact he fits a need, but at least they didn't fake it.  I mean, maybe the White Sox didn't fake it and actually thought this was going to get it done which might be worse.

I have long thought Kenny Williams is a joke, but I don't understand how he can act shocked at this.  You offer a contract that could have a value of $350 mil, but you're that worried about the last few years so much that you won't get up to $300 to get a player like this. Meet in the middle for fucks sake.  And no opt out because the organization doesn't believe in them. Okay buddy, good luck getting any free agent. The guy is going to go for the most money guaranteed.  $300 mil for 10 years would have been a lower AAV but more money promised.  What is so difficult about that?

I mean, I am annoyed at the Yankees for passing on a player like this with their window to win now and the fact he fits a need, but at least they didn't fake it.  I mean, maybe the White Sox didn't fake it and actually thought this was going to get it done which might be worse.

I know man.  It's fucking crazy.  I'm not a big fan of Kenny but I think most  of this comes from Reinsdorf.....he's so cheap and has such an old school mentality.  I'm sure Rick Hahn wanted to give him 300M for 10 years and get it done.  They knew exactly what it would take to 100% get it done but they get too fucking cute with the contract with these options at the end.  It's really mind-boggling.  The Sox are lucky that he was even considering them.....they're not exactly the most attractive destination.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,576

I know man.  It's fucking crazy.  I'm not a big fan of Kenny but I think most  of this comes from Reinsdorf.....he's so cheap and has such an old school mentality.  I'm sure Rick Hahn wanted to give him 300M for 10 years and get it done.  They knew exactly what it would take to 100% get it done but they get too fucking cute with the contract with these options at the end.  It's really mind-boggling.  The Sox are lucky that he was even considering them.....they're not exactly the most attractive destination.
    That's fair and agreed. They definitely called them and gave them the number, so just do it.  But yeah...
    I read on twitter that the White Sox largest contract ever is $68million? Also read the offer to Machado was 8/250 with incentives up to an add’l 100mill. So basically in the end he chose guaranteed money over being incentivized.
    I know which offer I’d choose and that’s work harder and make more in less time.
    As a Cubs fan, I was really hoping we’d get rid of Russell and go after Manny. Once that was off the table I was lowkey pulling for him to end up on the South Side. I expect the Sox to be competitive very soon and it would’ve been great to heat up the rivalry over the next few years! 
  • What an absolute disaster.  They had a chance to sign a 26 year old elite talent and once again Reinsdorf proved too cheap to get it done.  Offer him 10 years and 300M 2 months ago and they could have had him.  But instead they fuck around with option years at the end of the contract...absolutely absurd.  Reinsdorf, Kenny Williams and Hahn are all delusional if they really thought that deal was going to work.  They knew what would get it done and they chose to get too cute with the contract.

There are two guys you should look at in Madrigal and Luis Robert.  Robert did really good in the fall league so there is talk about him.

Give it another year or two and if they continue the way they have been you will be happy, but you are waiting for it.
    I read on twitter that the White Sox largest contract ever is $68million? Also read the offer to Machado was 8/250 with incentives up to an add’l 100mill. So basically in the end he chose guaranteed money over being incentivized.
    I know which offer I’d choose and that’s work harder and make more in less time.
    As a Cubs fan, I was really hoping we’d get rid of Russell and go after Manny. Once that was off the table I was lowkey pulling for him to end up on the South Side. I expect the Sox to be competitive very soon and it would’ve been great to heat up the rivalry over the next few years! 
    Yep.  $68M is what they gave Abreu when they first signed him and that was for 6 years!!!  Such a joke of an organization.  This has turned into a situation like old man Wirtz with the Blackhawks....nothing is going to change until Reinsdorf is gone.

There are two guys you should look at in Madrigal and Luis Robert.  Robert did really good in the fall league so there is talk about him.

Give it another year or two and if they continue the way they have been you will be happy, but you are waiting for it.
    I'm well aware of Madrigal and Robert.  And Cease and Basabe and Adolfo and all these guys in the minors.  But with Moncada and Giolito looking like complete busts so far it's just hard to feel good about anything with this team right now.  They've proven over and over again that they aren't willing to spend money on elite talent...so frustrating.
    Yep.  $68M is what they gave Abreu when they first signed him and that was for 6 years!!!  Such a joke of an organization.  This has turned into a situation like old man Wirtz with the Blackhawks....nothing is going to change until Reinsdorf is gone.
    Ol’ Dollar Bill has to be the biggest cheapskate owner in the history of American professional sports. I hope it doesn’t get to the point that Jerry is selling off your World Series banner for personal income!
  • What an absolute disaster.  They had a chance to sign a 26 year old elite talent and once again Reinsdorf proved too cheap to get it done.  Offer him 10 years and 300M 2 months ago and they could have had him.  But instead they fuck around with option years at the end of the contract...absolutely absurd.  Reinsdorf, Kenny Williams and Hahn are all delusional if they really thought that deal was going to work.  They knew what would get it done and they chose to get too cute with the contract.

I'm well aware of Madrigal and Robert.  And Cease and Basabe and Adolfo and all these guys in the minors.  But with Moncada and Giolito looking like complete busts so far it's just hard to feel good about anything with this team right now.  They've proven over and over again that they aren't willing to spend money on elite talent...so frustrating.
    I would agree with Sale trade.

I'm still waiting for the Angels to do something.

They have the best player in baseball and can't do shit...
    First place White Sox?!?  This lineup is dangerous.  Robert is an absolute freak....has lived up to the hype and then some so far.  Starting pitching is a bit of a concern after Giolito and Keuchel.  Just nice to watch meaningful baseball games again....has been far too long for this team.

Funny to read my rants from 18 months ago about this team....things sure have changed.
    Not much action on this thread.  Looks like Eloy is back....funny how he always kills the Cubs.  And now Robert is coming back tonight.  Grandal back soon and this team is looking damn good for the playoffs.  
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,925
    Eloy is a great talent and it pains me to watch both he and Cease dominate the Cubs last night.  Someone got the better end of that trade.  The Sox have the pieces in place to contend it looks like.
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,552
    I can't believe they seem to be cool with Fossil the Drunkard running the team.  My predictions are very wrong thus far.
    Totally rooting for them in the AL, despite my feelings about LaRedass.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved