Which PJ member do u wanna meet the most?

PJFAN_seattlePJFAN_seattle Posts: 2,965
edited January 2010 in The Porch
I think for me matt or mike
Shows:
Seattle Key Arena 9-21-2009
Seattle Key Arena 9-22-2009
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Stone.

I'd love to chat about Mother Love Bone, Loosegroove, Studio Litho, Brad, Pearl Jam, Bayleaf - the whole lot.
  • unfair to pick so i would have to say all
  • Boom Gaspar :o :shock: :lol:
  • i_lov_iti_lov_it Posts: 4,007
    Probably JEFF :)
  • Beck..Beck.. Posts: 535
    Probibly Mike :D
  • Ed Ved
    'I'm like an opening band for the sun'
  • Definitely Mike, he's an absolute legend, the greatest guitarist ever
  • philthehipphilthehip Posts: 2,084
    None of them. I have no desire to meet anyone Im a massive fan of. Signing an autograph would be cool but not to meet on a personal level. I met David Bowie and as I realised he was just a man it killed me that he was not an alien :lol:
  • EvoLukinEvoLukin Posts: 188
    The guy that plays the bass on "Smile". :D:);)
    "Smelly Velvet"-EV on Stone's velvet shorts(ATL 94)

Atlanta,GA 1994 1&2
    N.Charleston, SC 1996
    Greenville, SC 1998
    Atlanta, GA 2000
    Columbia, SC 2008
    EV(2009) - Atlanta 1
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    matt or eddie.
  • snipesy wrote:
    Boom Gaspar :o :shock: :lol:

yep
  • 450pearljam_mccready.s.jpg

mccreadynew.jpg

mike-mccready.jpg
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • redeyeredeye Posts: 620
    ed
  • philthehip wrote:
    None of them. I have no desire to meet anyone Im a massive fan of. Signing an autograph would be cool but not to meet on a personal level. I met David Bowie and as I realised he was just a man it killed me that he was not an alien :lol:

ha ha bowie is pretty high up on my scale. if i met him im sure it would break my perfectly warped view i have of him. bowie being normal would crush me ;)

anyhoo back to meeting pj...meeting my heroes never goes as i hoped(my fault). i met jeff once by total random chance and just cause of sweet lew id like to meet him again. just to remind him of how fucking cool he is.
  • philthehipphilthehip Posts: 2,084
    philthehip wrote:

ha ha bowie is pretty high up on my scale. if i met him im sure it would break my perfectly warped view i have of him. bowie being normal would crush me ;)

anyhoo back to meeting pj...meeting my heroes never goes as i hoped(my fault). i met jeff once by total random chance and just cause of sweet lew id like to meet him again. just to remind him of how fucking cool he is.

Normal and ever so slightly short too. He was cool, its my perception being wrong thats the problem. He is totally charming and really funny.
  • I want to meet Jeff for certain. (Met Matt and Mike in Vancouver 2005 both were so very friendly and kind!)
  • StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    Most definitely Ed...a man whose words move me as much as his do, yes, Eddie for sure....not to say I don't appreciate the other guys cuz I sure do...I just would love to get to know Eddie a bit....even just a little bit...what could be better than a beer with Ed?
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • Most definitely Ed...a man whose words move me as much as his do, yes, Eddie for sure....not to say I don't appreciate the other guys cuz I sure do...I just would love to get to know Eddie a bit....even just a little bit...what could be better than a beer with Ed?

My friends mom met Eddie backstage at a concert (she didn't realize it was him) and they had a long conversation about some science thing and then she asked him what he does and he says im in a band she says what band? he says "pearl jam" hahaha.
    She said he was really smart and nice, definitely sounds like a cool guy to get to know a bit.
    Shows:
    Seattle Key Arena 9-21-2009
    Seattle Key Arena 9-22-2009
  • Come on people dont fool yourself if you could only meet one band member you all know you would choose Eddie, its's ok if thats an obvious choice you dont have to say Mike or Jeff or whoever just to act like your different from everyone who says Eddie, me on the other hand if I hadnt already met all the band members like 30 times I would pick Matt just kidding I would go with Eddie.
  • Mike. To say thank u for Inside Job & the Mad Season album. If I met Ed, I'd be afraid I wasn't liberal enough.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    I'd only wanna meet ed just to talk bout the who, the ramones and fugazi. it be cool talk bout those bands over some good red wine and get him to do jagerbombs :lol:.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Princess KJPrincess KJ Posts: 442
    edited January 2010
    I don't think I'd want to meet any, for the reason put forward by philthehip (although I don't think the guys are anything more than just men). And also, because I'd have nothing remotely original or interesting to say. And it would be devastating if I were to have the opportunity to meet them (well, let's just face it- just Jeff), and acted like a dick (which I would).

What I would love, though, is to know how everything works. I love "behind the scenes" stuff, so I'd love to know how their company goes about organising tours, logistics, setting up etc. Yes I am a nerd.
    Post edited by Princess KJ on
    If I knew then, would I know now?

* Perth Entertainment Centre - Mar 06, 1995
    * Melbourne Park - Mar 02, 1998
    * Brisbane QSAC- Nov 25, 2009
    * EV Solo- QPAC- March 10, 12 and 13 2011

• loopjdloopjd Posts: 121
    NB180527 wrote:
    Definitely Mike, he's an absolute legend, the greatest guitarist ever

this
    September 30th, 2009
    Best. Night. Ever.
  • slingsling Posts: 169
    pjammer92 wrote:
    Come on people dont fool yourself if you could only meet one band member you all know you would choose Eddie, its's ok if thats an obvious choice you dont have to say Mike or Jeff or whoever just to act like your different from everyone who says Eddie, me on the other hand if I hadnt already met all the band members like 30 times I would pick Matt just kidding I would go with Eddie.

+1
  • boxorbagboxorbag Posts: 246
    I used to not care. I just wanted to meet them all no order. But because of personal and maybe not so personal reasons I really need to meet Ed and get 1 minute. There are some things I need to say. I thought about sending a letter and I also won a lottery w/ front row. When I won it I had exactly 4 hours to go back home get ready and cordinate 12 people to go to the concert. My mind was going crazy cause all I wanted to do was write down all I wanted to say to him and also the band. I figured I would get a chance to toss it on stage. Well I should have thought of a rubber band cause Ed tossed me his wine bottle and I threw it back. That was my chance.

So after that I guess it is Jeff. Maybe this year! We will see.
  • pjamaholicpjamaholic Posts: 1,225
    Mike. For sure. Keep hearing about how fan friendly he is, plus he's my favourite member of PJ.
  • FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    Boom , duh! He's got the best weed...
  • Crazy Ed...he is the one who has driven my desire to become a musician, he is my idol. It would be my dream even more to be able to play a song with him, be it with just him, him and the guys, or him with my band...but knowing the odds of that, i'll continue to get my history degree :)
  • thefin190thefin190 Posts: 918
    Can't lie, I have to say Ed. His political views are very much in line with mine, we could go on for hours just talking about that. I think he grew up in a broken home as I did, so that is something to talk about and how he works that into his music. I also adore his solo work for Into the Wild and basically most of the songs that he has written that goes along with that style. I may be wrong here, but he seems to be much more into the acoustic stuff than the other guys, which is why I like him. I would not know what to do if I ever saw him at a bar though. Would I buy him a beer and look like a creep? Or would I walk up to him and be upfront about my passion for Pearl Jam? Or would I grab the stool closest to him and pretend I don't notice him and hope that a conversation happens? I do not think I would care to meet most celebrities, they are people just like us, but to meet Eddie Vedder I think I would pass out from confusion and anxiety.
    Member Number: 437xxx

Pearl Jam:
    Key Arena - Seattle, WA - Sep 21, 2009
    Pacific Coliseum - Vancouver, BC - Sep 25, 2011
    Key Arena - Seattle, WA - Dec 6, 2013

Eddie Vedder Solo:
    Benaroya Hall - Seattle, WA - Jul 15, 2011