Ladies/moms over 35 yrs old!

2»

Comments

• lockedlocked Posts: 4,038
    I think "Official Pearl Jam Cougar Club" would be a good title for this thread

:roll:
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    as long as I breathe I will be there with PJ- in concert, in life, in heart and after I'm gone in spirit :D
  • locked wrote:

I just can't take you people with the rolling-eyes smiley faces bullshit anymore. Agree, disagree, call me an asshole, but please....no lame smiley faces. We're not in middle school anymore.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • RockMamaRockMama Posts: 478
    OK, Young ladies! How about a 55.5 year old grandmother who went to her 67th show this year? I have three Pearl Jam fan daughters. Took my 4 year old grandaughter to see Eddie solo!
    107 total First-Summerfest, Milwaukee '95
    Most recent: 2018 Stadium shows: Seattle 2, Missoula, Fenway 1 and 2; 2022: Oakland 1 and 2
  • WhizbangWhizbang Posts: 1,314
    RockMama wrote:
    OK, Young ladies! How about a 55.5 year old grandmother who went to her 67th show this year? I have three Pearl Jam fan daughters. Took my 4 year old grandaughter to see Eddie solo!

you rock!!!!!!
    believe it or not, we don't "need" anything. that is only the spoiled brat in us trying to fill some temporary solution to an emptyness that does not exist.

I have eaten so much gold I crapped excellence - drtyfrnk29

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all!
  • bernmodibernmodi Posts: 631
    Just turned 43, two kids (10 and 7). I'll always listen to PJ music, but with school kids it get's harder to go to shows, unless there happens to be one near my hometown (which isn't the case for the upcoming Europe tour, unfortunately...).
  • Cool, a Pearl Jam MILF thread... 8-)
    "I'll end up alone like I began..."

"You need the patience of like a National Geographic photographer sitting underneath the bush in a tent, trying to get a picture of zebras fucking or something for the first time." -Eddie Vedder
  • 46 years old, 3 'grown' kids. I've only gotten to go to shows when my kids got older. Couldn't afford it back in the day when they were babies. My first show was 2002(?) at Alpine Valley. I'm hoping the band keeps jammin for a long time. I now have the money and time to catch more shows! Can't wait to go nuts at the next show! Please play Alpine Valley in 2010, guys....pretty pleeeeez?
  • RockMama wrote:

You are my role model!! 42 here, and have turned both my children into loyal fans. Mission accomplished! :lol:
    Also, great to hear from the guys/dads out there too!
  • aus_suzaus_suz Posts: 9,364
    locked wrote:

I just can't take you people with the rolling-eyes smiley faces bullshit anymore. Agree, disagree, call me an asshole, but please....no lame smiley faces. We're not in middle school anymore.

Love your avatar... ;)
  • StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    Ladies, my 10 yo grandson is begging me to take him with me to see "Eddie", since we're all on a first name basis, you know!

As I've mentioned,3 grown kids, but I didn't say 5 grandboys! One grandson, and all the sons and daughters already huge fans and I'm sure when the others are not babies anymore, they will be too...they certainly will know all the songs by then.

It's so cool!
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    Mum of 42 to a 13 year old son.
    locked wrote:
    Ledbetterman10 wrote:

Cougar, me? no, too lazy these days. :D
  • satansbedsatansbed Posts: 2,139
    hey ladies get off the internet and make me a bacon sandwich!!!

and people wonder why there is a breakdown in the traditional nuclear family
    ;):lol:
  • Hi!!I've been listening to P.J.since '91.I have 3 boys,20,18 and 7!The little one is the only other P.J. fan although I think my hubby(who accompanies me to many of the shows)secretly likes them too ;) I'm 39 and it is awesome to see others like myself on here too.Happy New Years to all of you and your loved ones...Ed looks better than ever don't ya think 8-)
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    satansbed wrote:

Oh how I long for a smillie sticking it's tongue out and blowing a raspberry!!
    Pearl moon wrote:
    Ed looks better than ever don't ya think

He is certainly very appetising :D
  • I'm 35 wife, mother, professional with a 16 year old and another ready to be born any day now. Still love PJ! My husband and daughter love them, too. My daughter loves "Oceans." We think the baby moves more as he hears PJ playing, too!
  • HAPHESHAPHES Posts: 19
    I'll be 44 in a couple of weeks and I have EV pics all over my fridge. Yes, I am still listening and going to their concerts....
  • satansbed wrote:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • pjamaholicpjamaholic Posts: 1,225
    Well over 40 here with 3 kids, my 15 year old has seen PJ 3 times and I took my 14 year old to her first show in November. My 11 year old is a little young for GA shows but he may get to see them next time. PJ mad in this house!
  • 39 with two boys. my 15 yr old teases me about my music obsession in general but i get the most crap about PJ. however, he asked to go to jazz fest with me. i'm pretty excited about that!
    Be Kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle
  • Didn't read every page, but I may have you all beat . . . . 49 in 2 days. Every year at the concert's I feel a little more out of place. How about some respect for all of the 20 somethings and teenagers who haven't paid their dues.

Having to wait for new music. No instant downloads. Getting tickets through the mail after completing what appeared to be the most confusing way to get tickets that was ever invented. Ironically, I had more luck then, than now. sitting in line at Record & Tape Traders and being the only one there until the doors opened to get tickets. Being thrilled that PJ out of all bands sold their tickets at an affordable price. Watching Eddie sing through a curtain of hair and rarely, if ever, hearing his voice. having to carry around all of the discs in a sleeve wallet which BTW ruined a good deal of my CDs. Thinking vinyl releases were just plain stupid. how in the hell are you ever going to be able to listen to them.

Pay homage to the moms over 35. Remember, we're the ones that were the first to hop on that wagon and we've enjoyed every bump and song along the way.

Viva La Us!!!
    You can spend your time alone, re-digesting past regrets, oh
    Or you can come to terms and realize
    You're the only one who cannot forgive yourself, oh
    Makes much more sense, to live in the present tense
  • i'd be more surprised by how many ladies that are on here that are under 35!!
  • i'd be more surprised by how many ladies that are on here that are under 35!!
    mmm..i was thinking the same... ;)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Who PrincessWho Princess Posts: 7,305
    Dog Mom here and over 35.
    That's me! :mrgreen:
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • A bit north of 40......... PJ has been a part of my 16 year olds entire life.......
    11/30/93 7/11/98 10/22/00 4/28/03 6/6/03 9/30/05 7/6/06 6/19/08 6/20/08 10/9/09 10/27/09 10/28/09 10/30/09 10/31/09 5/4/10 5/17/10 5/18/10 6/22/10 6/23/10 6/25/10 10/23/10 10/24/10 9/3/11 9/4/11 9/21/11 9/23/11 9/25/11 6/20/12 6/21/12 9/30/12 7/19/13 10/21/13 10/22/13 10/30/13 11/19/13 11/21/13 11/29/13 11/30/13 12/2/13 12/4/13 12/6/13 6/16/14 6/17/14 6/22/14 6/25/14 6/26/14
    EV Solo: SAN 08 EWR 08 STL 11 LAS 12
    Who Rock Honors 08
    Bridge School 10 14
    FTM 12
    Holier than thou....how?
    Surrendered...Executed any how........
    Pearl moon wrote:
    ...Ed looks better than ever don't ya think 8-)
    (partial quote)

Damn! Yes!
    peace,
    jo

"Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
    bearfoot61 wrote:
    Didn't read every page, but I may have you all beat . . . . 49 in 2 days. Every year at the concert's I feel a little more out of place. How about some respect for all of the 20 somethings and teenagers who haven't paid their dues. ....(partial)

You're not alone here...OH NO! Lol! I'm 51...and if PJ comes around in late spring I'll be 52 when I see them next! Still Going...never gonna stop! Be there in my wheelchair if that's what it comes to.

We ladies have a lot more time and freedom now that the kids are all grown...we finally get to do what we want to do again!

The youngsters are certainly welcome, my kids are all on the Pearl Jam Bandwagon...matter of fact I believe my oldest son is the one who turned me onto PJ when he was just beginning to listen to them way back in the "olden days" hehehehehheee...Life Is Good!

Hope to see all you ladies on the East Coast this coming year! We'll be Jammin'!
    peace,
    jo

• BhagavadGitaBhagavadGita Posts: 1,748
    :P
  • I think "Official Pearl Jam Cougar Club" would be a good title for this thread

I'm 40 so that wouldn't ever work for me. No matter how old I get, Eddie, Stone, Mike, Matt and Jeff will always be older so I can never be their cougar no matter how much I want to prey upon them.
    And if there's something you'd like to do. Oh, just let me continue to blame you.

EV Chi 1, 08/21/08
    EV Memphis, 06/20/09