VIDEO: Eddie at Kennedy Center Honors

13»

Comments

• Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    mca47 wrote:
    metsfan wrote:
    It was ok. I felt ed's voice really didn't match it to well. I just didn't feel the connection to the song like I do with the boss. Still ed stole the show as usual I love anything ed covers of bruces and am a big fan of bruces probably more so than anyone cept 2-5 people on here.

Really?
    I thought it was damn near perfect. I'm probably just as big of a Bruce fan as I am a PJ fan and I can honestly say I don't think anyone covers the Boss with the accuracy and intensity of Ed. Sure Ed made it slightly "his own" but I can't think of one person out there who would do as much justice to a Boss song as Ed.
    I also like the song selection. I fully expected him to do one he's covered so many times in the past, but to hear this was quite the refreshing surprise.

I'm also glad Ed brought his "A voice" as well. I don't want to make this into another "Ed's voice" thread but he sounded damn good.
    yes really. I just didn't feel it like when ed covers other bruce songs. Ed sounded like he was sick or trying to sound like bruce a bit much. maybe its my connection to what that song is about and all. I still liked it and thought it was better than sting or anyother cover. No one can cover bruce like ed does. Ed did nail the guitar parts though. Maybe I'm being to nitpicky and I'm never like that.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    Dillsnufus wrote:
    anyone know where i can get a pearljam/ed solo comp of bruce covers?
    I have something like that on my laptop. I think someone posted a link on here or on another site.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• klusterfukklusterfuk Posts: 1,411
    bigeye21 wrote:
    Thorns2010 wrote:
    not the presidential seal but looks like it might be a kennedy center seal????

Either way, I hope he doesn't keep it on it. I just think stickers on acoustic guitars are kinda lame. And its a nice guitar too!! Poor thing. :mrgreen:
    I'm thinking a Ramones sticker...

looks like the safe travels keychain. was on guitar at ACL
    The future's paved with better days

Alpine Valley Resort is etched in my brain!!!

• GmoneyGmoney Posts: 1,618
    after watching this over and over again im predicting that in the future ed is going to make one of the greatest solo/singer writer albums of all time.
    Further back and forth a wave will break on me, today...