Just Got This E-mail Sent to Me: Concert Fans Beware!

2»

Comments

• To Whom It May Concern,

I have been to hundreds of sporting events and concerts in my life, and the level of control Ticketmaster and Live Nation have over this industry has to be the most unfair business practice in this country. Ticket prices have skyrocketed - if you are lucky enough to even get one. Scalpers and professionals buy up huge quantities of tickets online through Ticketmaster and Live Nation's websites for the sole purpose of turning a profit, a disgusting act of unrestrained capitalism. Not only that, these ticket brokers can do this instantaneously through computer programs, before any true fans even have the opportunity. The reselling of these tickets - tacitly supported by the ticket companies themselves through their own reselling forums, such as Ticketmaster exchange. How this company is allowed to essentially sell the same ticket twice is beyond the pale.

I am sick and tired of being priced out of events I want to go see, if I can even buy a ticket. I buy concert tickets through fan clubs, and I recently acquired season tickets for the Pittsburgh Penguins. I will never buy another ticket through either of these companies EVER again until these practices are changed.

Sincerely,

Not the greatest piece I've ever written...but I figure quantity over quality in this instance.
    YNWA
  • Maybe I have missed something but I am very surprised that PJ (especially EV) hasn't spoken out about this merger publicly. It seems that the only people who can get tickets now are brokers (thank you 10c for helping curb this practice at PJ shows) and tickets are treated more like a stock. This is sad, but it may be worth it to pay a company $20 just to print off a ticket.......... the paper is good quality.
    6/16/2008 Columbia, SC, 10/30/09-10/31/09 Philly, EV Solo 6/26/11 Detroit, 9/3/11-9/4/11 Alpine Valley, 9/30/2012 Missoula,MT 7/16/13 London, ON *****FIRST ROW****, 7/19/13 Chicago, IL, 10/30/13 Charlotte, NC. 4/21/2008 Columbia, SC, 5/2/2016 MSG2
  • JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    I wrote the PJ activism an email. I'm hoping to hear back. Anyone else who feels strongly about this, please do the same. The addy is: <!-- e --><a href="mailto:activism@tenclub.net">activism@tenclub.net</a><!-- e -->
  • SOLAT319 wrote:
    As Jeanwah mentioned above, it will be interesting to see where Pearl Jam stands on this.

the old pj or present day pj?
    big difference.
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    SOLAT319 wrote:
    As Jeanwah mentioned above, it will be interesting to see where Pearl Jam stands on this.

the old pj or present day pj?
    big difference.
    Good point. Present day PJ shows to be tight lipped.
  • opinions on things change as you get older..............

i feel pj 10c ticket prices are fair but i'd like a new statement from pj what they think of prices now of other artists.
    but whatever. they give it or not. i'm not holding my breath.
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*