Seriously...how about some US tour info?

SawyerSawyer Posts: 2,411
edited December 2009 in The Porch
....like many of you I assume, you are seeing when you can take off, or purchase tix to Europe...needing a Tweet real bad.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• agreed
  • Update: Peal Jam will tour the USA in the future
    A child's rhyme stuck in my head...
    It said "Life is nothing but a dream."
    I've spent so many years in question
    To find I'd known this all along.
  • Hopefully we will get a tour announcement in the next few weeks. My guess is mid-January.
    8/29/00, 7/3/03, 5/24/06,6/28/08 & 6/30/08, 10/9/09,10/28/09, 10/30/09 & 10/31/09, 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10 & 5/21/10, 10/23/10 & 10/24/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 9/11/11, 9/12/11, 9/23/11, 9/22/12, 9/30/12, 7/16/13, 7/19/13
  • In2DeepIn2Deep Posts: 496
    Update: Peal Jam will tour the USA in the future

Not much of an update...the future could mean soon or years.
  • Now that I have my emergency ticket fund pretty full it won't happen for a long time. Oh the humanity. :lol:
  • PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,875
    yeah lets take a vote

and then the 10c does what we say
    :lol:
  • zootownzootown Posts: 666
    How about: PJ will only play a few US festival dates and THATS IT! Why does it appear to everyone that they are touring the US proper this year? I wouldn't hold your breathe!
    I hold the pain, release me!
  • zootown wrote:
    How about: PJ will only play a few US festival dates and THATS IT! Why does it appear to everyone that they are touring the US proper this year? I wouldn't hold your breathe!

So much pessimism!

The reason the expectation for a full tour in 2010 is so high is because in 2000, they released Binaural and did a full tour. In 2003, they released Riot Act and did a full tour. In 2006, the released the Avocado and did a full tour. In 2009, they released Backspacer and only did a handful of dates. There will be a full US tour in 2010.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • i hope u get your dates,, :D
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    I think we have a better chance of hearing about more PJ merchandise items (such as that latest iphone app) than we do of a tour at this point. That just seems to be where it's at, and all TC wants to talk about.
  • BeerBaronBeerBaron Posts: 4,097
    There will be a full US tour in 2010.
    I would bet against that. I would doubt they will play the west coast or Philly. I also doubt we'll see more than 20 shows. The days of 50+ show NA tours are behind us...
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
  • BeerBaron wrote:
    I would bet against that. I would doubt they will play the west coast or Philly. I also doubt we'll see more than 20 shows. The days of 50+ show NA tours are behind us...

Says who? The Stones still do it and they're 30 years older than PJ. Look at the last decade...they tour the shit out of their albums. What they'll probably is hit all non-2009 cities in the US (with maybe a few duplicates i.e. Camden and LA) and call the whole thing the Backspacer tour. All this speculation, "Oh, they're getting older and not doing full tours anymore"...That's crap. There's too much money and fun to be had by the band for them to turn all these things down.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
    BeerBaron wrote:

Says who? The Stones still do it and they're 30 years older than PJ. Look at the last decade...they tour the shit out of their albums. What they'll probably is hit all non-2009 cities in the US (with maybe a few duplicates i.e. Camden and LA) and call the whole thing the Backspacer tour. All this speculation, "Oh, they're getting older and not doing full tours anymore"...That's crap. There's too much money and fun to be had by the band for them to turn all these things down.
    Just my opinion. As the comments above are your opinion. Only time will tell which one of us is right...
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
    zootown wrote:

So much pessimism!

The reason the expectation for a full tour in 2010 is so high is because in 2000, they released Binaural and did a full tour. In 2003, they released Riot Act and did a full tour. In 2006, the released the Avocado and did a full tour. In 2009, they released Backspacer and only did a handful of dates. There will be a full US tour in 2010.

Im with BeerBaron on this. The days of multi-leg tours are likely over. I would love to be proven wrong, but I cannot ignore some of the signs that have been surfacing of late....sorry. And regarding your comparison with the Stones, well, those are comparing apples to oranges my friend. For example, the Stones songs are JUUUST a bit different to perform than most PJ songs (i.e. the vocal parts) and the fact of the matter is that Mick takes better care (no drugs, no drinking, no smoking, exercising like a madman, etc...) of himself than a certain beloved frontman we all know. I think the band could EASILY do 50+ shows a year, but can Eddie still sing 50+ shows a year? This is the million dollar question as far as I am concerned. Eddie's WILL is not in question, it's his vocal chords that I doubt could hold up for that many shows. Im sure that I will get slammed for criticizing Eddie, and if they come within 5 hours from here, Im there, but I think 2005 and 2006 will be the last Massive touring this band will do.
  • I'm not much of a Kiss fan, but I think Pearl Jam could try what Kiss did for their Alive 35 tour, at least as an experiment...set up online polls and let fans vote for where the band plays. If Alpine Valley gets more votes than MSG, they play Alpine Valley. If ST. LOUIS gets more votes than L.A., they play in STL. Just a thought.
    Do you see the way that tree bends? Does it inspire?

I'll not lose my faith, it's an inside job today

St. Louis 5/4/10 Hope for many more!
  • zootown wrote:
    zootown wrote:

So much pessimism!

Im with BeerBaron on this. The days of multi-leg tours are likely over. I would love to be proven wrong, but I cannot ignore some of the signs that have been surfacing of late....sorry. And regarding your comparison with the Stones, well, those are comparing apples to oranges my friend. For example, the Stones songs are JUUUST a bit different to perform than most PJ songs (i.e. the vocal parts) and the fact of the matter is that Mick takes better care (no drugs, no drinking, no smoking, exercising like a madman, etc...) of himself than a certain beloved frontman we all know. I think the band could EASILY do 50+ shows a year, but can Eddie still sing 50+ shows a year? This is the million dollar question as far as I am concerned. Eddie's WILL is not in question, it's his vocal chords that I doubt could hold up for that many shows. Im sure that I will get slammed for criticizing Eddie, and if they come within 5 hours from here, Im there, but I think 2005 and 2006 will be the last Massive touring this band will do.

Ok, I can buy that. Good points all around.
  • I'm seriously sick of coming on this board and reading how fans think they know everything... the fact is you and I don't know squat..
    Meadowlands, MSG 1, MSG 2 - '98
    Jones Beach NY 1 + 3 - '00
    MSG 1 + 2 - '03
    Boston Garden - '04
    Montreal - '05
    Boston Garden 1, Meadowlands 1 + 2 - '06
    Mansfield 1 - '08
    (EV solo) Boston 1 - '08
    Chicago 1 - '09
    MSG -'10
    Brooklyn 1+2 - '13
    Central Park - '15
    MSG - '16
    Fenway - '16
    Wrigley - '16
    (RRHOF) Brooklyn - '17
    Fenway - '18
    MSG - '22
  • 12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    Update: Peal Jam will tour the USA in the future

UPDATE: Pearl Jam will make a new album in the future

lol but im not expecting a full US tour either.

If they didn't do the full tour these past few months of this year, what makes you think they will do one now after the album has been out for 2 months already? It just doesnt seem to make any sense. Why would they do a full US tour supporting an album thats been out for two months (and will probably be 3-4 months by the time they do tour) already when they ALREADY did a mini US tour.
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • Update: Peal Jam will tour the USA in the future

UPDATE: Pearl Jam will make a new album in the future

lol but im not expecting a full US tour either.

If they didn't do the full tour these past few months of this year, what makes you think they will do one now after the album has been out for 2 months already? It just doesnt seem to make any sense. Why would they do a full US tour supporting an album thats been out for two months (and will probably be 3-4 months by the time they do tour) already when they ALREADY did a mini US tour.
    UPDATE: Grunge is dead,PEARL JAM still plays,so time to CELEBRATE!!!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    zootown wrote:

I will agree with you that we don't know how Ed's vocal chords would hold up...

but

how do you know that Mick takes better care of himself than Eddie does?

oh wait... that's right... you don't

If anything I'd say that signs point to Ed taking great care of himself

he's always surfing... looks like he's in fine shape

just because you see him having a cig or 2 on stage ... and drinking from a wine bottle... doesn't mean he abuses his body... also doesn't mean there is wine in that bottle
    Lambchops wrote:

just because you see him having a cig or 2 on stage ... and drinking from a wine bottle... doesn't mean he abuses his body... also doesn't mean there is wine in that bottle
    I don't believe he was talking about him not "being in shape" in a general sense. He was specifically talking about his vocal chords and his ability to sing. Did you watch ACL? It was a struggle...
    BeerBaron wrote:
    Lambchops wrote:

I don't believe he was talking about him not "being in shape" in a general sense. He was specifically talking about his vocal chords and his ability to sing. Did you watch ACL? It was a struggle...

i see your point... but he did mention that Jagger "exercises like a madman"

Funny you mention ACL... I watched some last night... I wasn't sure if The End was just not a great song... or somethin else
  • Sawyer wrote:
    ....like many of you I assume, you are seeing when you can take off, or purchase tix to Europe...needing a Tweet real bad.

Christmas is OVER! Just like everyone was hoping for an announcement. Damnit, please hurry already. And, announce ALL SHOWS AT ONE TIME! Not doing so means less sales unlike what you guys think. IE CHicago...
  • Lambchops wrote:
    zootown wrote:

but

Well he is an alcoholic, in that Spin article all it was saying is how he kept getting beers lol.
    whatever its his life
    Shows:
    Seattle Key Arena 9-21-2009
    Seattle Key Arena 9-22-2009
  • CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    I'm seriously sick of coming on this board and reading how fans think they know everything... the fact is you and I don't know squat..

This is said with such passion, it must be true.
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
  • Update: Pearl Jam jams
    A child's rhyme stuck in my head...
    It said "Life is nothing but a dream."
    I've spent so many years in question
    To find I'd known this all along.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,267
    I think what we have seen from the band the last two yrs is what we should expect from the band from now on , no more 50 shows tours ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    Lambchops wrote:
    zootown wrote:

but

Actually, I think Mick's vigilance around exercise and staying fit is well documented....when I saw him two years ago, the man was UNBELIEVABLE! He was sprinting all over the stage, jumping up an down like a pogo stick and belting out classic Stones like it was 20 years ago because he wasn't even out of breathe! I can only imagine how INCREDIBLE Eddie would sound if he finally gave up the smokes and the booze! He is a better: musician, singer, songwriter and person than ever, but his body is starting to sound like it is betraying him.... :(
  • Lambchops wrote:
    BeerBaron wrote:
    Lambchops wrote:

i see your point... but he did mention that Jagger "exercises like a madman"

Funny you mention ACL... I watched some last night... I wasn't sure if The End was just not a great song... or somethin else

I was at LA4 and Eddies voice kept cracking during The End, also didn't sound to good at ACL a few days before, but in San Diego sang it much better. Maybe he had a throat problem. Anyways, maybe not a full US tour, but I would think that something will occur around October just based on history and my own opinion because I really don't know shit (Except Da Bears may have broken the Vikings' backs on Monday :lol: )
    Chicago 6/29/98, Alpine Valley(EV) 6/13/99, Alpine Valley 10/08/00, Chicago 10/09/00, Phoenix 10/20/00, Orlando 4/12/03, Tampa 4/13/03, San Diego 6/05/03, Vegas 6/06/03, Phoenix 6/07/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Orlando 10/08/04, D.C. 10/11/04, Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, LA 7/12/08, Chicago 8/23/09, Chicago 8/24/09, LA 10/07/09, San Diego 10/09/09 (Front Row Center, Finally), Phoenix(EV) 11/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Phoenix 11/19/13, Denver 10/22/14, Wrigley 8/20/16, Wrigley 8/22/16
  • I think what we have seen from the band the last two yrs is what we should expect from the band from now on , no more 50 shows tours ...

You sir are correct. I dont understand why some people cant wrap this around there heads. "Check your brain"...