Is PJ realy 4 thier hrdcore fans I dont know anymore?

dwhite76dwhite76 Posts: 2,801
edited December 2009 in The Porch
Is the band realy for thier hardcore fans? This question spings up from searching the boots for the Philly shows and did not find. Then I read a post they maybe saving them for a speacial release.This got me wondering are they just like every other band exept they realy are the wolf in sheeps clothing.When have we realy ever gotten anything speacial for are time and Love.I love the guys just as much as any diehard but I feel I have just as much benifits as joe schmoe who just sighns up to put shit on ebay.I can go on & on but I know how peoples attention spans are.Maybe some day computers will measure our hearts in the rooms we visit.Maybe I just have post tour depression.well I still love Pearl Jam & everyone who makes it all happen and maybe you guys are asking the same thing and might have the answer oh well till next tour or next cd take care.Later
Some words when spoken...Can't be taken back...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    Spaces.
  • Now is English not your first language and you use Yahoo translations or do you really just not know how to spell? Or are you just joking?
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    Eddie said they are like a Grizzly bear in a Polar bear's clothing.
  • dwhite76dwhite76 Posts: 2,801
    to ty erd to spell write and ni hury
    and I got a space for you to go
  • Now is English not your first language and you use Yahoo translations or do you really just not know how to spell? Or are you just joking?
    this is worst than my Greekenglish :D
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • doomponydoompony Posts: 4,497
    you mean you didn't get the ten club annual cuddle from the band? you should check your address details. your neighbour might be stealing your band hugs.
  • dwhite76 wrote:
    to ty erd to spell write and ni hury

You obviously need to take a step back from all the work you've been doing
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    you know I thought I seen him stealing
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    dwhite76 wrote:
    and I got a space for you to go
    Well at least you're honest.
    This might help explain the bands position:

Polar-bear-greets-brown-bear-Gernot-Rekort-200256.jpg
    which ones the band?
    dwhite76 wrote:
    which ones the band?

Hint: It's not Stephen Colbert.

stephen-colbert-and-bear.jpg
  • I really hope for some special Philly edition box like Gorge, maybe some dvd, what is wrong with that!
    If you don't like it, you don't need to buy it.
    CAN'T KEEP CRAZY MARY IN MY TREE NO WAY NOT FOR YOU. ALL THOSE YESTERDAY JEREMY is ALONE, SAD with RATS & BUGS it's HARD TO IMAGINE a JEREMY a BETTER MAN.
    LIFE WASTED, BLOOD on the PORCH, LAST KISS is a WISHLIST DEEP DOWN NOTHING AS IT SEEMS WHY GO COME BACK ALIVE SPIN THE BLACK CIRCLE and SMILE.
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    Now is English not your first language and you use Yahoo translations or do you really just not know how to spell? Or are you just joking?
    your greekenglish is good. This is just drunken writing or crack writing. Hell even the girl from japan writes better than this.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,853
    edited December 2009
    Post edited by Ledbetterman10 on

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • lockedlocked Posts: 4,038
    "There's a parrot on the telly"...

Here we go again!

;)
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • yeah, what he said,
    Philly boots
  • ARE YOU CRAZY MAN??? OF COURSE THEY ARE FOR THERE FANS

GET OFF THIS SITE AND STOP LISTENING TO PEARL JAM IF YOU THINK THIS

STUPID COMMENT MADE
    09/28/96 Randalls Island,NY 1 09/29/96 Randalls Island 2, 09/10/98 Madison Square Garden,NY 1, 09/11/98 MSG 2, 08/23/00 Jones Beach,NY 1, 08/24/00 Jones Beach 2, 08/25/00 Jones Beach 3, 07/08/03 MSG 1, 07/09/03 MSG 2, 07/12/03 Hershey Park,PA, 06/25/05 MSG, 09/30/05 Borgata Hotel,NJ, 06/03/06 Contintental Arena,NJ, 06/25/08 MSG, 10/31/09 Wachovia Center,Phil , UPCOMING FOR 2010-MSG 2 05/21/2010~~~Continental Arena,NJ 05/18/2010
  • dwhite76 wrote:
    Is the band realy for thier hardcore fans? This question spings up from searching the boots for the Philly shows and did not find. Then I read a post they maybe saving them for a speacial release.This got me wondering are they just like every other band exept they realy are the wolf in sheeps clothing.When have we realy ever gotten anything speacial for are time and Love.I love the guys just as much as any diehard but I feel I have just as much benifits as joe schmoe who just sighns up to put shit on ebay.I can go on & on but I know how peoples attention spans are.Maybe some day computers will measure our hearts in the rooms we visit.Maybe I just have post tour depression.well I still love Pearl Jam & everyone who makes it all happen and maybe you guys are asking the same thing and might have the answer oh well till next tour or next cd take care.Later

Groan. I'm pretty sure they've made an incredible box set of all four Philly shows on CD and DVD with bonus backstage footage and then decided to sit on it for a few months just to annoy "thier hardcore fans". Your post has entitled you to a swift kick in the ass for your "speacial time and Love". I'll ship that to you FedEx overnight just in time for Christmas along with a dictionary and a 5th grade education.
    Mesa I - 11/93 * Toledo - 9/96 * Chicago - 6/98 * St Louis - 7/98 * Indy - 8/98 * St Louis & San Diego - 10/00 * Mt View II - 10/01 * Irvine I & II, San Diego - 6/03 * Chicago I - 5/06 * San Diego & SF III - 7/06 * Lolla - 8/07 * EV Chicago - 8/08 * Chicago I & II - 8/09 * Kansas City & Indy - 5/10 * PJ20 X2 - 9/11 * Atlanta 9/12 * Wrigley Field 7/13 * Moline & Milwaukee 10/14 * Wrigley Field I & II 8/16 * Wrigley Field I & II 8/18 * Ohana Encore I & II 10/21 * EV & The Earthlings Chicago II 2/22
    Won the lottery PJ20 Night 1 - Front Row in front of Jeff - Forever grateful to Ten Club
    ***I wanna live my life with the volume full***
  • BinFrogBinFrog Posts: 7,309
    Pearl Jam can never be 100% just for the hardcore fans. They are, after all, a huge band in the music business and can't just focus on a few hundred thousand diehards. They still need to get new fans and appeal to the masses like any other band.

I don't question their motives a whole lot. If they put something out that I think is cheesy or is something I don't feel I need in my collection, I'll skip it. Given, that's rare, but it can happen. I don't think they are sellouts for wanting to make a buck. You'd do the same thing in their shoes. They donate a lot of time and money to charity, continuously put out great albums and continue to blow us away each and every night in concert. What is wrong with them also trying to make a buck or two?
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUgh.
    I'm really getting tired of all the bitching. If you're not happy with the fan club LEAVE. Give everyone behind you a slightly better seat and save us from your incessant moaning. I've been in it since 1996 and am very happy with a yearly 7" and ticket presales. If you wanted more you should have done more research before you spent your $20.
  • arqarq Posts: 8,012

but better than my espanglish!
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
  • arq wrote:

but better than my espanglish!
    :lol::lol::lol::lol:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • belfast1belfast1 Posts: 788
    doompony wrote:
    you mean you didn't get the ten club annual cuddle from the band? you should check your address details. your neighbour might be stealing your band hugs.
    :lol::lol::lol:
    dublin 1996 london 2000 dublin 2006 prague 2006 copenhagen 2007 london 2007 rotterdam 2009 london 2009 dublin 2010 belfast 2010 vienna 2014 amsterdam 2014 london 2018
  • i still think pj is a cut above the average band in what they do for their fans. however, even if they weren't....what exactly do people expect from a rock band? :? expect amazing music. i get that and then some. anything beyond that is truly special, and i think pj still delivers that. bottomline, they are not your friends or family, so i think it silly to have these expectations of them. they are out to make music, and yes...make a very good living doing so. anything else, pure bonus!

enjoy the music!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    i still think pj is a cut above the average band in what they do for their fans. however, even if they weren't....what exactly do people expect from a rock band? :? expect amazing music. i get that and then some. anything beyond that is truly special, and i think pj still delivers that. bottomline, they are not your friends or family, so i think it silly to have these expectations of them. they are out to make music, and yes...make a very good living doing so. anything else, pure bonus!

enjoy the music!

speak for yourself !! they are my friends !!! ;)

for real though, I agree with what you said here. everything other than great records and great shows, is just a bonus.

I still feel lucky to be a fan of this band.
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • dwhite76 wrote:

Wow, that was incredibly incoherent.
    5/28/06 - Camden, NJ
    5/30/06 - Washington, DC
    6/22/08 - Washington, DC
    10/31/09 - Philadelphia, PA
    8/5/16 - Fenway Park
    Temple of the Dog - 11/5/2016 - Philadelphia, PA
    7/1/2018 - Prague
    7/3/2018 - Kraków
    7/5/2018 - Berlin
  • Maybe the OP was drunk. Ive posted drunk stuff on here before.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • redeyeredeye Posts: 620
    doompony wrote:
    :lol::lol::lol: