Options

I'm guessing most people don't have the NFL Network

jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
edited December 2009 in The Porch
Have heard both Supersonic and The Fixer quite prominently during tonight's Jags v Colts game and there aren't 25 competing threads about it.

Guess the boys bought a little air time with the NFL Network.
"You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    They were playing Got Some Sunday during the highlight show.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me.
  • Options
    LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    jimed14 wrote:
    Have heard both Supersonic and The Fixer quite prominently during tonight's Jags v Colts game and there aren't 25 competing threads about it.

nice!! I love the NFL network.
    Have you checked out the NFL redzone network on Sundays? It's amazing
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,516
    jimed - who is this annoying "color" guy?? He just might make my douche list. :shock: ;)

edit: I can never remember who is the color guy and who's the play by play. the annoying guy is the one who must be an ex player.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    imalive wrote:
    jimed - who is this annoying "color" guy?? He just might make my douche list. :shock: ;)

You mean Matt Millen?

I'm sure everyone in Detroit would certainly agree with you.

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    jimed14 wrote:
    imalive wrote:

You mean Matt Millen?

I'm sure everyone in Detroit would certainly agree with you.

OK... I thought maybe MM was a studio guy. He's got exactly the same annoying style as some other ex-player that one of the major networks (Fox?) used to use on their second tier games. It's driving me crazy trying to remember THAT guy's name. :think: :think:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    primussucksprimussucks Posts: 2,345
    good game! who's gonna win? im playing against dallas clark in fantasy unfortunately
    Summerfest 7/8/95
    Missoula 6/20/98
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98 & 6/27/98
    Alpine Valley 10/8/00 
    Champaign 4/23/03
    Alpine Valley 6/21/03
    Missoula 8/29/05
    Chicago 5/16 & 17/06
    Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Summerfest 6/29/06 & 6/30/06
    Tampa 6/12/08
    Chicago 8/23/09
    Indy 5/7/10
    Alpine Valley x2 2011
    Wrigley 2013
    Milwaukee 14
    Telluride 16
  • Options
    imalive wrote:
    He's got exactly the same annoying style as some other ex-player that one of the major networks (Fox?) used to use on their second tier games. It's driving me crazy trying to remember THAT guy's name. :think: :think:

I just figured it out.... Millen is that other annoying guy, too (before he went to the Lions) :lol::lol::lol:

yeah, good game.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    PRL1JAMPRL1JAM Posts: 782
    Matt Millen is HORRID when it comes to play by play

not sure what he was/is worse at, commentary or GM duties
  • Options
    OGT92OGT92 Posts: 1,588

How could you possibly know he is horrid at play by play? He is the color analyst! :D
    "I read about the evils of drinking, so I gave up reading." - Henry Youngman
  • Options
    PRL1JAMPRL1JAM Posts: 782
    OGT92 wrote:

How could you possibly know he is horrid at play by play? He is the color analyst! :D

that was my bad. He doesn't suck at play by play- meant to say he sucks as a color analyst
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    We dvr it so we don't have to watch commercials. Might have to go back and see, but probably not! Nice to know though. :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    How is Millen on both NFL Network as the color guy and ESPN as a pregame analyst?
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    FE55353FE55353 Greenville, SC Posts: 64
    I am also interested that there aren't any sellout kind of posts. Funny that PJ has seemed to avoid the limelight for most of their existence, now Backspacer has a video playing at my local Target and also has had music on Flash Forward and the NFL Network. Go Pearl Jam.
    "If you are listening to this bootleg in Alaska, open the front door." Eddie Vedder 10/8/00

Alpine Valley: 6/26/98, 10/8/00, 6/21/03, 9/3/11 Target Center: 6/30/98
    Summerfest: 6/30/06 Music Midtown: 9/22/12 Wrigley Field: 7/19 & 7/20/13, 8/20/16
    Charlotte: 10/30/13
    Greenville: 4/16/16, Columbia 4/21/16, Wrigley Field: 8/20/2016
  • Options
    elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,054
    I woke up singing SuperSonic in my head this morning because I heard it last night during the game. Totally geeky of me to get all fired up but I admit it, its cool hearing the world's greatest band ever on during NFL football
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,940
    Love the nfl network and love direct tv

Fuck cable
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,215
    jimed14 wrote:

i saw it - too bad they spelled Backspacer as two words and not one.
  • Options
    metsfan wrote:
    Love the nfl network and love direct tv

Fuck cable
    agreed. Directv is pretty much the greatest thing to ever happen to sports.
    tacos
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    Millen sucks. I got stuck with MM for 3 Buckeye games and a couple of bears games this season. he has regressed so much. he used to be decent in studio before going to the lions
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    nfl network is ok.

the greatest thign to happen to sports is the packages, ie NHL center ice, NBA league pass, Big Ten Network as well as the MLB package.

no matter where you live, you can still watch your teams play.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    nfl network is ok.

the greatest thign to happen to sports is the packages, ie NHL center ice, NBA league pass, Big Ten Network as well as the MLB package.

well, let's take a step back ... they make you pay a few hundred dollars to get all the games which kind of sucks. So, I wouldn't call it the "best thing".

• Options
    Jimed, have you ever met Rice? I've met him a few times and he's such a cool guy.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • Options
    jimed14 wrote:
    81 wrote:
    nfl network is ok.

well, let's take a step back ... they make you pay a few hundred dollars to get all the games which kind of sucks. So, I wouldn't call it the "best thing".

it sure beats the alternative of only getting a handfull of games on the national channel. i don't think 2 bucks a game for a hockey season is all that bad considering the alternative.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Jimed, have you ever met Rice? I've met him a few times and he's such a cool guy.

Nope.