SNOW!

Comments

• TS96221TS96221 Posts: 45
    edited January 2011
    TS96221 wrote:
    missisles wrote:
    jealous of your snow

its 35 degrees celcius here

no, I'm jealous of you :) we're getting 24 inches of snow, according to the forecast.

You must live in New England. Good luck. :shock:
    So far it looks like 6 inches on my car. I doubt it will be 24" though.
    I can't tell by the weather channel. They are being vague probably so that they won't get nasty emails when they are wrong.
    Post edited by TS96221 on
  • There's about 3-4inches out there now and it's supposed to continue overnight !

12-20 inches they're saying

Maybe I should have invested in that snow blower !

:wave: :eh:
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,178
    DC here again and I just woke up and to this point the snowfall is of epic proportions. It appears there's atleast 12 inches on the ground and it's STILL snowing non stop. This a winterwonderland!

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    10 am and nothing on the ground yet here in NYC.
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • PearlOfAGirlPearlOfAGirl Posts: 15,993
    No snow at all up in my neck of the woods. Don't think there'll be much...

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
  • a couple of inches in Cincinnati, and it's still pouring down.

beautiful!
    Nice shirt.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    3 inchs or so in NW Chicago burbs. nothing the free snowblower couldn't handle
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,953
    15-25 inches expected here in Philly today. And that means only one thing.....

....Getting blind drunk. 8-)
  • We lucked out here in St. Louis. We got maybe a half inch. They are forecasting a big one for Christmas Eve. But they don't really know what is going to happen until it starts to happen.
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    I am so jealous here in GA- so want SNOW! the deeper the better.
    That stillness and quiet (no snow plows here ;) ) is so beautiful- and I love the trapped feel. Snuggly with a peppermint patty by the fire after shoveling- still own a shovel- come on snow
    Never got the "run out and get your milk and bread" thing though- its pizza and beer in our family :)

I'm heading to South Florida on Sun or Mon and the beach awaits me but I'm going to enjoy the madness outside my door. It's cold it's still and my daughter is driving me crazy to get out there and play so lets' play.

Peace everybody
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• PearlOfAGirlPearlOfAGirl Posts: 15,993
    g under p wrote:

I'm heading to South Florida on Sun or Mon and the beach awaits me but I'm going to enjoy the madness outside my door. It's cold it's still and my daughter is driving me crazy to get out there and play so lets' play.

Peace everybody
    What a nice dad :thumbup: ;)

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
    g under p wrote:

Peace everybody
    What a nice dad :thumbup: ;)

Well I can remember it was so much more fun as a youngster but now it's more aches and PAIN. First off I couldn't get out the dooor there so much snow. I cleared the driveway before we could play made easier because the snow is hard and dry therefore lighter than wet heavy snow. The kind that can give you a heartattack. We played lightsabors Jedi Master vs the Seth in the snow? Which is now upwards of 16 inches and STILL snowing. I said before this is going to be epic proportions well it already is.

Odd thing is after I was finished with the driveway and sidewalk another 6 inches had covered what I had previously cleared. Lots of fun though cause it totally unusual for the DC Metro area. :D

Peace, it's a winter wonderland

• jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    Today's forecast in San Francisco .... 62 and sunny.

Sorry folks, this is the reason I left the northeast. It may look pretty today, but dealing with it for the next two weeks sucks so much ass.

Stay warm, stay safe. May your electricity stay on.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
    jimed14 wrote:
    Today's forecast in San Francisco .... 62 and sunny.

Sorry folks, this is the reason I left the northeast. It may look pretty today, but dealing with it for the next two weeks sucks so much ass.

Stay warm, stay safe. May your electricity stay on.

That's why come 3am Monday morning I'm off the South Florida for 2 weeks 10 minutes from the beach. Just have to make sure I can get out of here.

Peace

• iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    edited December 2009
    missisles wrote:
    ive never seen snow
    apart from cold and wet
    whats it like

It's very peaceful and my neighbors dogs were happy since they got to go down our street without a leash.

It's snowing very hard still, since last night. I was just too lazy to go outside again, I already cleaned off my car hours ago and it's back on it. Here is a video that I took just for you from our deck and the front door:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NfpSkgtDo0
    a snow update just for you!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/L4A7PearlJa ... 05N65u1rwo
    with Nat King Cole playing in the background
    Post edited by iluvcats on
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • I wonder how many BLIZZARD Babies there will be ???

8-)

We hit the Mall anyway today my buddy had to buy for his wife..it was great so many people stayed home it was empty
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    still no snow around Toronto significantly

jealous of the snowstorm you have out east
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Hub.Hub. Posts: 1,990
    Snowing agan, this morning.

Actually, it's not really common seing snow, four days in a row, where I live.
  • 8" by me. The kids are LOVING IT!! As is the Puppy :D
    DSC_0152-1.jpg
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • JoJo Posts: 2,098
    I've never seen snow.
    The TV here is west Aust tells us this snow there is Life Threatening....and so far 4 people have died from it.
    Look after yourself people, and your neighbours',
    Put on some PJ and get your neighbours up to dance and stay warm.
    Merry Christmas :ugeek:
  • WhizbangWhizbang Posts: 1,314
    got about 8" here....just shoveled half of my drive way during half time. my dogs love it!
    believe it or not, we don't "need" anything. that is only the spoiled brat in us trying to fill some temporary solution to an emptyness that does not exist.

I have eaten so much gold I crapped excellence - drtyfrnk29

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all!
  • CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    we ended up getting about 15". just got the road cleared Sunday afternoon (mostly cleared - could barely get out of my neighborhood with 2wd).
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,206
    Snow storm just started here in Halifax! :mrgreen:
  • samjamsamjam Posts: 9,283
    I am SO upset the snow fell last night!!!

If that snow happened to come down today into tomorrow, I'm sure that would be enough for a snow day tomorrow! That would completely throw off the 3 days of school I have this week, and give me an extra day to practice for my oral presentation in Spanish!

Damn you this time, Mother Nature! :lol:
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • TravelarTravelar Kalamazoo, USA Posts: 3,381
    I'm happy because they closed work tomorrow. :)
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,466
    wow. another thread about the weather. use the SEARCH function people.
    www.myspace.com
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,953
    GO Banana Slugs.
  • 8" by me. The kids are LOVING IT!! As is the Puppy :D
    DSC_0152-1.jpg

GREAT pic!
    i am unsure, but if i would have to guess, i'd say 15 inches by us...definitely over a foot.
    thankfully hubby left work 3 hours early on saturday and was home by 1:30, so got home before it even started snowing. gave me enough time to run errands, even went out to dinner. sure, it was snowing, but not bad yet. sunday morning tho... :shock: . so glad it was on the weekend! huddled down and cuddled in all sunday. dogs had fun outside! :mrgreen:
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Steve DunneSteve Dunne Posts: 4,965
    only about 5" in central ma...easy shoveling.
    I love to turn you on