SNOW!

CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
edited January 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
Anyone else happy with this snowstorm coming to the Mid Atlantic?

...having moved from NY to VA, I'm glad to see it here. We almost never get snow to stick.
ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
*NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
*MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
*Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
*Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
*Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
*VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
*EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
*Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• pjtradekingpjtradeking Posts: 4,045
    You can stuff you snow in a sack mister!!! :-) HATE IT...HATE IT...HATE IT...Grew up with it and STILL hate it!! If it stayed in the mountains for the skiers and off the roads, I wouldnt mind it so much...But when the snow hits the ground in town.....everyone loses there god damn sense of all direction...speed... and just flat out common sense...

That said it is very pretty! ;-)
    Never, ever, flipping forget
    "Free Shipping" SPEEDY MCCREADY

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
  • CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    You can stuff you snow in a sack mister!!! :-) HATE IT...HATE IT...HATE IT...Grew up with it and STILL hate it!! If it stayed in the mountains for the skiers and off the roads, I wouldnt mind it so much...But when the snow hits the ground in town.....everyone loses there god damn sense of all direction...speed... and just flat out common sense...

Around her, about 5 years ago, they closed school at 12noon on a sunny day for the threat of snow. ...it never snowed either. I remember when I was a kid in NY when the school bus would drop us off, and there was snow on the ground we would grab the back of the bus and skid down the road. I don't know why localities are so amazingly different in bahavior around snow.
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
  • smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    need snow, need snow

it's only snowed once significantly this year here, and that was weak
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    When you live in Utah, snow becomes a fact of life and functioning in it is second nature.

I enjoy snow and the winter only temporarily. By the time January/Feb comes, I'm about over it.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • I'm gonna start hockey season soon 8-)
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Gorgeous cat! **reminds herself... must post snowy cat pics in the cat thread**
  • jealous of your snow

its 35 degrees celcius here
    makes much more sense to live in the present tense
  • missisles wrote:
    jealous of your snow

where? how I can get there?? its about -20 C now
  • Just left the mountains of Colorado Monday morning in a snow storm, 9" at the resort :cry:. To the warmer but not so sunny skies of Florida. Volunteered teaching people from the wounded warriors to snowboard at Breckenridge, amazing. Some of these guys were just recently hurt, yet they were pushing they're bodies to the max in some pretty extremely cold & hard packed conditions(-43 & -23 w/ wind chill :evil: factor on 2 of the days & they never quit! ). It hurts a lot less with some nice fresh snow on the ground. With a dozen screws holding my pelvis together my body needs the soft blanket of snow on the mountain, the more snow the better ;) . Can't board in the trees without more snow either & there is nothing I'd rather be doing than boarding in the trees on a powder day listening to IN MY TREE :mrgreen: !. Going back to Colorado in January. Ullr (norse snow god) please don't let me down. Let it SNOW, let it SNOW, let it SNOW :mrgreen:.
    So, What you Giving ?........ (Thanks Speedy, Alesek, & Arq+friends)
    What You Giving

I suggest you step out on your Porch.
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh, See the World!
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    Hub. wrote:
    Me too! Here's my cat in the snow, this morning:

img4048u.jpg

This is a sweet picture!
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • I use to love the snow when I was a kid...

Now it blows !!

I have shit to do this weekend and all the morons will be out !

Last I heard was 4-8in my area which isn't too bad

It will be cool for my 2 dogs to play in :)
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    I only miss snow when I think about the type of snowfall that happens late at night when it's quiet and nothing is moving but the flakes that are silently dropping down. It was so peaceful and beautiful. I used to sit on my front step to be in it and it felt like the world had stopped.

I don't miss the hassle of clearing my long driveway to get anywhere or driving on slippery roads though.
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • CJMST3K wrote:
    Anyone else happy with this snowstorm coming to the Mid Atlantic?

...having moved from NY to VA, I'm glad to see it here. We almost never get snow to stick.

I am going to enjoy it, it is hilarious to watch the overreaction to snow in the DC area.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Jeff MurrayJeff Murray Posts: 1,259
    CJMST3K wrote:

Around her, about 5 years ago, they closed school at 12noon on a sunny day for the threat of snow. ...it never snowed either. I remember when I was a kid in NY when the school bus would drop us off, and there was snow on the ground we would grab the back of the bus and skid down the road. I don't know why localities are so amazingly different in bahavior around snow.

Schools are over-reacting to threats of snow more then they used to! I think it has more to do with insurance and local government trying to keep people off the roads. Not to sound like an old fart but.... I remember when school districts made every effort to get kids to school no matter the weather.

For those in the path of the storm don't forget to get your bread and milk!! ;)

I agree bumper skiing was always fun, especially if you had a cool bus driver!! :D
    If there were no Angels would there be no sin?
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    snowman-1.jpg Snow is awesome!
    Its Gods prettiest inventions!!
    this is all we got in GA last year-thats a 6 inch snowman sitting on a tiki torch- now thats sad :cry:
    Praying for snow
    Hub. wrote:

img4048u.jpg

Wow! You have a beautiful cat. It looks like a bobcat, or somewhat of a lynx.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • missisles wrote:
    jealous of your snow

where? how I can get there?? its about -20 C now

perth western australia

its summer
    just warming up now
  • I love it. But where I live we have very civilized snow. We might get 6 to 8 inches on the ground but it goes away within a couple of days. Long enough to play and enjoy and not inconvenience.
    “I suppose our capacity for self-delusion is boundless.” ― John Steinbeck, Travels with Charley: In Search of America
  • looks to be a snowy weekend!
    snow on the weekend is perfect, tho nowadays my husband works saturdays....and commutes to the bronx :? .....so definitely not good for him, he needs to be safe! looks like we just might have a white christmas too, at least for awhile. looks like snow christmas eve, but then rain christmas day. hopefully it won't rain, or at least wait a bit, so we can enjoy our first white christmas in a good, long while. i'm thinking 2002 was our last white christmas - and what a blizzard! i LOVE snow, so beautiful. but sure, i prefer a nice dusting, couple inches, tops....and don't stick to the sidewalks/roads.... :mrgreen:
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    Hub. wrote:

img4048u.jpg

That is a beautiful cat and great picture.

I have mixed feelings on snow. It IS beautiful on a sunny frigid day with blue skies, when I'm indoors looking out. I do not enjoy it when I have to drive in near blizzard whiteout conditions which can be terrifying, and I've done it many a time. I also don't like the fact that it makes it harder to plan travel in the winter. But its pretty, no doubt about that, and the quiet of it at night is wonderful when no one's out and no cars going by. Annoying or not, its appropriate to have snow up here and I get worried when we only get rain, because ice storms are much worse.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Hub.Hub. Posts: 1,990
    dcfaithful wrote:

Yep! Actually, I don't know what she is. Maybe half Main Moon.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    stupid cook county was out salting this morning in anticipation of rain.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Hub. wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:

Yep! Actually, I don't know what she is. Maybe half Main Moon.
    We used to have a mainecoon cat...she was a diva, lol.

Quite comically, her name when we got her was just "Miss Kitty", lol...so it kind of stuck.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • missisles wrote:
    jealous of your snow

no, I'm jealous of you :) we're getting 24 inches of snow, according to the forecast.
  • TS96221 wrote:
    missisles wrote:
    jealous of your snow

no, I'm jealous of you :) we're getting 24 inches of snow, according to the forecast.

You must live in New England. Good luck. :shock:
  • ive never seen snow
    apart from cold and wet
    whats it like
  • I use to love the snow when I was a kid...

Now it blows !!

I have shit to do this weekend and all the morons will be out !

Last I heard was 4-8in my area which isn't too bad

It will be cool for my 2 dogs to play in :)
    They increased it to 8-14 inches now :shock:
    Sooo wish this was Sunday night going into Monday
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,178
    DC here and it started snowing 2 hours early and we're expecting 18 inches. Where's the Weather Channnel?

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)