F-ING CANCER TAKES ANOTHER LIFE!!!

pjtradekingpjtradeking Posts: 4,045
edited January 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
Just got a call from my best friend today...My touring buddy...my confidant.....my go to guy for anything...

About 4 weeks ago, his mom was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer and was told she had about 6 months....FUCKING CANCER TOOK HER TODAY!! :evil: Just over 4 fucking weeks, the shit ate her up and took her from him today...It couldnt wait 8 more fucking days?? It couldnt let her get through the holidays with her kids one more time? WTF!!! Bad things are not suppose to happen to good people!!

To my friend...Big Daddy Rat!! I love you and I loved your mom with all my heart...she is in a better place now, Billy...She is free of pain and now able to look down on you and watch over you forever...BE SOUND.....scottie :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaNoeoyckSQ
Never, ever, flipping forget
"Free Shipping" SPEEDY MCCREADY

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,923
    Sorry to hear that, man.

I just found out a high school buddy has Stage 4 lung cancer and could go any day now. My sweet doggie has it, too. :cry::cry:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    I'm sorry for you both, and those who passed from it.
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
  • Rest in Peace.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • Sorry to hear that, cancer is shit

my uncle died of it a couple of months ago, and then I found out last week another uncle has it
    26/02/1998 Wellington, 09/09/2006 Marseille, 16/09/2006 Verona
    23/09/2006 Berlin, 30/09/2006 Athens, 18/07/2007 London
    02/07/2009 Honolulu (EV Solo), 22/11/2009, Sydney, 29/11/2009 Christchurch
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    lost some close ones to cancer also. I'm terribly sorry for your loss. You said it the best, she's in a better place.

My condolences to you, your friend, and his family.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • My condolences to those who have lost someone close to them to this terrible disease :(
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • So Sorry. Prayers for you and her family.

My cousin died from cancer on Monday.
    "In the age of darkness
    want to be enlightened"
  • AusticmanAusticman Posts: 1,323
    Sorry to hear this. Lost my sister 3 years ago today. Cancer :evil:
    I can't go the library anymore, everyone STINKS!!
  • Joni-LeeJoni-Lee Posts: 430
    Lots of love and aloha to those we've lost and those left behind.

Cancer is one of the worst ways to suffer. I've seen it and lost someone very close also.

xxx
  • Given to...Given to... Posts: 4,987
    Sorry to hear of your losses,

I am going to my Aunts funeral in the morning... cancer. My grandmother, 80 years of fire, found out last Christmas she finally got something that wouldnt go away in a day or two. Been fighting like hell for 11+ months, a long tough 11 months. Remission is such a good word to hear.

Buried a friends son the day before Thanksgiving. 16 years young, great kid, school mate to both of my kids. Car wreck. Pain and sorrow so deep in our community it is visible. Gray skies dont help.

Tough times they are lately.

Grab a hand and a hug. My heart goes out to each of you.

Peace

Dave
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
  • yellowled24yellowled24 Posts: 3,118
    Austicman wrote:
    Sorry to hear this. Lost my sister 3 years ago today. Cancer :evil:
    Ah sorry man :( Thinking of you today.

Thoughts to the OP also.
    "....and was very surprised to see that he didnt actually have a recipe for anus-ankle soup." - Big Ed
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,199
    Sorry to hear the terrible news may peace find all that suffer thru this god awfull disease ,my son's friend who is 15 is going for a bone marrow transplant this weekend i'm scared as hell for him it will be such a fucking tough battle for him please please i pray for him to make it thru :cry::cry::cry: ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,675
    cancersucks.jpg
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • My dad's death from Cancer 28 years ago this Christmas Eve is the one thing that I have never been able to come full circle on in my life. He only lived 3 weeks after he was diagnosed and it never was enough time to accept it. My sincere condolences to all that have been devastated from this plague.
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Jeff MurrayJeff Murray Posts: 1,259
    I am sorry to hear about your friend's mother. Cancer is a terrible disease that has taken too many lives in my family.

My mother was diagnosed with breast cancer two years ago, thankfully with the advancement in treatment and early detection she was able to survive that ugly disease. Let's help keep up the good fight against this terrible disease and if you find you have a couple extra dollars donate to someone raising funds or participate in a fund drive for the American Cancer Society. Our family participates in a walk every fall to raise money, it is a great feeling for me to be able to walk with my mother as she is a very proud survivor, as she should be, it was a very difficult battle. I feel it is the least I can do to help an organization that has helped my family as well as many others to survive this disease, and give hope to future generations.

Again, my sincere condolences to you and your friend.
    If there were no Angels would there be no sin?
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    i wonder if there is anyone who hasn't been touched by cancer!?? ... hopefully, one day we can take this sadness and channel it to actually fighting cancer ...
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,423
    polaris_x wrote:
    i wonder if there is anyone who hasn't been touched by cancer!?? ... hopefully, one day we can take this sadness and channel it to actually fighting cancer ...

agreed, I'd love to see a national initiative to eliminate cancer - make it a priority in the science and healthcare industries - kind of like Kennedy and the Space program during the 60s - demand it happen, put as many resources as humanly possible to eradicate it. I think if we really wanted to we probably could, but sadly my cynical nature believes the drug companies make more money treating cancer so that is where all the funding goes.
    pjhawks wrote:
    agreed, I'd love to see a national initiative to eliminate cancer - make it a priority in the science and healthcare industries - kind of like Kennedy and the Space program during the 60s - demand it happen, put as many resources as humanly possible to eradicate it. I think if we really wanted to we probably could, but sadly my cynical nature believes the drug companies make more money treating cancer so that is where all the funding goes.

well ... sadly enough - there is lots we could do now ... stop polluting our air and water, stop companies from selling products that have known carcinogens, eat a healthier diet, etc ... there are lots of things we could do now ...
  • Just got a call from my best friend today...My touring buddy...my confidant.....my go to guy for anything...

About 4 weeks ago, his mom was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer and was told she had about 6 months....FUCKING CANCER TOOK HER TODAY!! :evil: Just over 4 fucking weeks, the shit ate her up and took her from him today...It couldnt wait 8 more fucking days?? It couldnt let her get through the holidays with her kids one more time? WTF!!! Bad things are not suppose to happen to good people!!

To my friend...Big Daddy Rat!! I love you and I loved your mom with all my heart...she is in a better place now, Billy...She is free of pain and now able to look down on you and watch over you forever...BE SOUND.....scottie :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaNoeoyckSQ

My mom died from pancreatic cancer back in 1982...diagnosed in April gone in July...I am sorry for your pain and your friends...
  • inlet13inlet13 Posts: 1,979
    I f'ing hate cancer.

I'm sorry for your loss.
    Here's a new demo called "in the fire":

<object height="81" width="100%"> <param name="movie" value="https://player.soundcloud.com/player.swf?url=http://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/28998869&quot;&gt;&lt;/param&gt; <param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param> <embed allowscriptaccess="always" height="81" src="https://player.soundcloud.com/player.swf?url=http://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/28998869&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="100%"></embed> </object> <span><a href=" - In the Fire (demo)</a> by <a href="
  • Sorry to hear about her passing.

Cancer took my mother-in-law a few months ago.

I wish cancer would get cancer and kill itself.

Horrible fucking disease.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,923
    polaris_x wrote:

to your first point - I doubt it. :cry:

to your second - call me a conspiracy theorist, but I'm not sure certain interests want a cure to be found...
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive wrote:
    to your first point - I doubt it. :cry:

to your second - call me a conspiracy theorist, but I'm not sure certain interests want a cure to be found...

not a consipiracy theory - it's a fact ... :evil:
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    i'm so sorry to hear about your friend scott

my best friend died of a brain tumor in 2002 and 2 years later my mom was diagnosed with stage 4 liver cancer...5 years of chemo and she still here but she does not deserve to go through this...no one should

cancer is evil incarnate
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    Very sorry to hear it. Lung cancer which metastasized to her liver took my mother just after the holidays in '95. The holidays kind of suck now.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • i'm so sorry to read of your friend's tragic loss. horrible disease. about the only good i can see is she did not have to suffer long, tho you bet....absolutely terrible she didn't get one more holiday with her friends and family. my heart goes out to you all...
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    Sorry to hear that....
    cancer has affected me deeply in the past...and is about to again.
    You sound like a good friend to have. peace to you and yours.
  • scott i'm so sorry about your friend's mom. and jose, i'll keep your friend's son in my thoughts too.

lost a few family members to it, it's awful. cancer is pure devastation :(
  • dasvidanadasvidana Posts: 1,347
    I wish that as individuals, we could eliminate known carcinogens (especially tobacco) out of our daily lives. I know that smokers like their smokes and addiction sucks, but even second-hand smoke is carcinogenic.
    It's nice to be nice to the nice.
  • primussucksprimussucks Posts: 2,356
    Summerfest 7/8/95
    Missoula 6/20/98
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98 & 6/27/98
    Alpine Valley 10/8/00 
    Champaign 4/23/03
    Alpine Valley 6/21/03
    Missoula 8/29/05
    Chicago 5/16 & 17/06
    Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Summerfest 6/29/06 & 6/30/06